[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seniors vs Frosh/Soph Starters  (Read 11681 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Seniors vs Frosh/Soph Starters
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »
It was a $179 fine.  I don't think he tried to run over a cop.  And my guess is that this isn't what TAMU is talking about.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2015, 02:33:41 PM »
You can see this exchange between Jeff Goodman and another college basketball insider to further educate on the Mayo/Wojo relationship.

https://dailyeagle.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/screen-shot-2014-07-30-at-10-34-59-pm.png?w=580&h=529

From this article:

http://marquettenation.com/2014/07/31/todd-mayo-leaves-marquette-to-pursue-professional-career/
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2015, 03:45:04 PM »
You can see this exchange between Jeff Goodman and another college basketball insider to further educate on the Mayo/Wojo relationship.

https://dailyeagle.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/screen-shot-2014-07-30-at-10-34-59-pm.png?w=580&h=529

From this article:

http://marquettenation.com/2014/07/31/todd-mayo-leaves-marquette-to-pursue-professional-career/

At least the article correctly noted that Mayo's departure would result in the potential for expanded roles for Duane, JJJ and John.  By saying that, the author seemed to understand it was clear that Derrick would be the starter at PG either way.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2015, 03:57:38 PM »
Absolutley correct.  He brought aboard Sandy and Duane, that's it.  And while they've each had moments this year, neither of them are ready to contribute consistently to a winner this season.  No fault to those guys, it's how it usually is as freshman.  Luke fell in MU's lap, I give Buzz zero credit for him.  He wanted to come back home and play, period. 

BUzz simply could not sustain the success he started.  The DJO's, Butler's, Crowders, Vander's, moved on, and he fell way short of adequately replacing them.  Hence, we're 3-9 in conference, and staring at consecutive seasons of being shut out of any post-season play. 

Nicely done Buzz, you turd.

Wait a minute.

As much as I want to draw all over this picture
Hill, Shayok and Pierce would have been here too.

Yeah, not the experience you'd like to see but definitely they would spell the #8Strong.
SS Marquette

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »
I don't know anything that isn't public knowledge, but he had what seems like a minor brush up with the law on July 26 "Failure to Obey Traffic Officer/Signal", and then decided to leave on Jul 30.

As far as I know it had nothing to do with Mayo's departure.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »
I don't lie either TAMU, and this is what I was told by a very good source who has been accurate with other information as well.

They were misinformed.

If this is the same source who gives you all of your dirt on Wojo, I would reevaluate his/her reliability. S/he seems to have a perspective that always ends up with Wojo looking incompetent or unethical. Seems like an axe to grind.

Do you really think it is likely that a first year coach would dismiss one of his best players because he signed up for a summer basketball league? Or do you think its more likely that a player with a LONG history of misconduct off the court did something dumb and the coach wouldn't have any of it?

If you are convinced your version is fact - why again are you just not willing to post here what the specific fook up was? 

Simple. The people I talked to know what my scoop name is and come on the site often. If I say more than I have, they stop trusting me and I don't get to hear about fun new developments in the future. It's a really simple concept.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2015, 05:32:55 PM »
They were misinformed.

If this is the same source who gives you all of your dirt on Wojo, I would reevaluate his/her reliability. S/he seems to have a perspective that always ends up with Wojo looking incompetent or unethical. Seems like an axe to grind.

Do you really think it is likely that a first year coach would dismiss one of his best players because he signed up for a summer basketball league? Or do you think its more likely that a player with a LONG history of misconduct off the court did something dumb and the coach wouldn't have any of it?

Simple. The people I talked to know what my scoop name is and come on the site often. If I say more than I have, they stop trusting me and I don't get to hear about fun new developments in the future. It's a really simple concept.

Your people were misinformed.

And yes, once Wojo sealed the Carlino deal, I have no doubt he felt he could play hardball and hardass toward/with Todd.  He had his Plan B in place.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2015, 05:38:51 PM »
"My source knows more than your source."

Only on scoop.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2015, 06:38:53 PM »
"My source knows more than your source."

Only on scoop.

Except I'm giving you specifics as to what my source said went down.  The other side?  Nothing but innuendo, spin, and speculation.  If what their sources say is true - it aint libel to write it here - so again, what are they so afraid of?  (Other than being wrong of course.)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2015, 07:20:23 PM »
Wow, talk about a thread taking a detour right off the rails.