[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Uncomfortable Question - Who Transfers/Quits?  (Read 11693 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Uncomfortable Question - Who Transfers/Quits?
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »
In other posts we ask if Jamil Wilson will consider transferring to MU now that Oregon's coach has been axed?  Still others ask if Buzz can pick up a late signing (hopefully a big).

For any of this to happen, we would need to free up a scholarship as we are out of spots for next year.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=8

This is a nice way of saying someone would have to leave.  Last year, we are all pretty certain that Hazel was leaving and he did.

So, how about it?  Is anyone going to leave this year's team?  Let me offer two names for discussion ... Ewill and Yous?  I'm not saying they will, just makes sense to look at the first year players that saw limited action (did not consider Junior because he had an injury).

If the answer is no one than no transfers or late signings.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Uncomfortable Question - Who Transfers/Quits?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 10:39:12 AM »
I predict that there will be no transfers and that Buzz is focusing on 2011 recruiting by this point.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »
I predict that there will be no transfers and that Buzz is focusing on 2011 recruiting by this point.
+1

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 10:43:35 AM »
EWill is Buzz's guy. He stuck with MU even after Crean left. I'd be VERY surprised if he left.

marquetteff03

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 10:44:52 AM »
I think Ewill has a lot of potential. I have very little confidence in Yous at this point. Maybe I am out in left field but he is so totally lost out there.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »
The answer is obvious and yes, Buzz is still recruiting for next season. Smart money says he adds at least one more player.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 10:58:06 AM »
I like the team we have going into next year.  Would any of the JUCO bigs even be a step up from Yous or EWill?  They are both long and athletic.  I would like to see what happens to them after a year of strength training and off season work.

Also, one thing that was so great about this year's team was their cohesiveness.  They all seemed to enjoy each other.  Most of that seemed to revolve around MU having one of the best captains I can remember at MU in Lazar.  But EWill and Yous were a part of that team too.  I wouldn't want to lose either one. 

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »
I know no one wants to speculate on this but... It's something I've been thinking about about. I don't want to see anyone transfer, I like the depth that the team has next year. To lose one of those players (even one that doesn't get a lot of minutes) to a player that can't play next year is not something I want. What happens if a player gets injured next year...

Because of Buzz's awesome recruiting for next seasons team, I worry more that all the players on that team get enough playing time to keep them happy. Here's hoping that a light Non-con schedule means that our non-starters can get 12+ minutes or so, to help them learn and keep them here.

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
Mbao is the most likley to leave i think.  He looks lost when he is on the court, and unless he adds 20-25 lbs to his frame I highly doubt he will see any minutes next season.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 11:29:51 AM »
The answer is obvious and yes, Buzz is still recruiting for next season. Smart money says he adds at least one more player.

I don't think there's any question. And I'd bet the house that player is at least 6-8.

That said, it might not be a defection. Could be a non-qualifier.

Interested to see how it all shakes out.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 11:39:41 AM »
I don't think there's any question. And I'd bet the house that player is at least 6-8.

That said, it might not be a defection. Could be a non-qualifier.

Interested to see how it all shakes out.

Grades?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 11:49:14 AM »
Next year, up front, it's Butler/Otule or Butler/Williams.  Big opportunity for Erik to step up, especially defensively at the 4/5.  I would hate to see him leave.

Despite everyone touting Crowder at that spot, his comments and play indicate that he wants to be at the 3 spot.  I think a lot of people are trying to pigeon hole him to be the inside player that we so desparately need.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »
Grades?
Or test scores. I have no idea if anyone's in danger of not qualifying. All I'm saying is it doesn't have to be a transfer.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »

Totally agree, with just a little bit of thought the name becomes clear. 

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 11:59:32 AM »
Totally agree, with just a little bit of thought the name becomes clear. 
It does?  Who is it then?  Or is this one of those prophecies no one can verify and you take credit for after the fact?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 12:06:17 PM »
Next year, up front, it's Butler/Otule or Butler/Williams.  Big opportunity for Erik to step up, especially defensively at the 4/5.  I would hate to see him leave.

Despite everyone touting Crowder at that spot, his comments and play indicate that he wants to be at the 3 spot.  I think a lot of people are trying to pigeon hole him to be the inside player that we so desparately need.

Besides Crowder (who I think starts out playing the 4), don't forget Fulce. I think he's got a lot of potential to eat up minutes and fill in if a player is hurt or gets into foul trouble.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that Wilson may very well be in and EWill will be out for next season (I know that Wilson would have to sit a year). But I'm just going with my gut on this one, guys....

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 12:45:20 PM »
I hope the Wilson ship has sailed.  I sure hope Erik stays and realizes the opportunity now for him - I'm sure he thought it was a rough year from a PT standpoint.  If someone isn't going to be here, I don't know how the replacement could not be a 4/5.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 01:07:40 PM »
hey sour what the hell do you base that on?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 01:18:01 PM »
Junior would be the logical choice for me. Not saying I want that to happen, or that I am predicting it, but it could certainly explain the decision to comeback, if he was facing the prospect of sitting out next year.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 01:20:16 PM »
navin, what is  your rationale?

muwarriornation

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »
nm

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:01:30 PM by muwarriornation »

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 01:23:13 PM »
Junior would be the logical choice for me. Not saying I want that to happen, or that I am predicting it, but it could certainly explain the decision to comeback, if he was facing the prospect of sitting out next year.

Really? That would shock me. Junior fought hard to come back for this team this year after a major injury. My guess is he's fully bought into Buzz's system and is looking forward to this summer's team workouts. I'd be surprised if he wasn't a force next fall.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »

If Ewill or Yous leave it because they are over their head and they would most likely move to a less competitive school.  I cannot imagine an equally competitive program offering them a spot after what they did this past season.

I have to believe Junior still thinks he's a BE caliber guard.  If he leaves, I would find it surprising that he goes to a school as competitive.  If he leaves for a lesser competitive school, then he's saying he is on over is head.  So, Junior stays.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »
Besides Crowder (who I think starts out playing the 4), don't forget Fulce. I think he's got a lot of potential to eat up minutes and fill in if a player is hurt or gets into foul trouble.
Fulce is not a starter--he is a role player. He will not beat out Crowder.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback