Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Chris Sheridan (MU alum) on ESPN talking about Wade's special treatment  (Read 1654 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Saw this on another messageboard:

Oliver ( NY): Isn't it great to be able to make 9 FG and get 41 PTS? I LOVE THIS GAME!!! I wish Kobe would get even half the calls Wade gets. MJ's greatness was aided by "superstar" calls or no calls, sorry, but Kobe gets half the treatment of a wade or Lebron, why ?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: You're preaching to the choir here, Oliver. every single night D-Wade gets three gift whistles (which even LeBron and Kobe don't get) at a minimum, and one or two late whistles, too. He's treated as preferrentially as Jordan was at the peak of his game, and it is infuriating to watch (unless you;re a Heat fan). And I say all that being one of the biggest D-Wade guys around, a Marquette grad even. But it's just plain unfair to see one guy get such special treatment. It takes away from the game.

C'mon.

As if Kobe's name couldn't be substituted in that exchange 4 years ago!

Puh-lease!

DWade "earns" those calls by HUSTLING!
SS Marquette

maxpower773

• Starter
Re: Chris Sheridan (MU alum) on ESPN talking about Wade's special treatment
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 12:41:39 AM »
i like how they over look the obvious...wade drives to the hoop all the time and knows how to beat his man and the help defense as well as anyone. kobe has been more of an outside shooter in the past couple years...yes he still drives but not like dwayne does.