[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Xavier game thread  (Read 38097 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Xavier game thread
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2015, 10:28:30 PM »
Has Steve Taylor checked in yet?   0 points, 0 FGA.   

Out rebounded by 11 at home.  Not good.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2015, 10:30:45 PM »
Ummm, Juan was our best player tonight.
5/7 Fg  1-1 3pt 2 asst 9 rbds 2 blks, 11 pts., 3 TO's (only bad stat). Yes he was our best player.
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
Wojo didn't have to go hard a$$ on Todd Mayo and run him off.  Wojo also lost Burton and Dawson.  No doubt this team could have used Burton's absolute talent and ability to score.  Dawson could have contributed to this team too.

It is what it is.  But if WOJO were a ticker symbol - I wouldn't be buying.

What would Wojo have to accomplish in the next five years to change your mind?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2015, 10:41:21 PM »

Hand over the coaching reins to Ners.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2015, 10:43:32 PM »
Wojo didn't have to go hard a$$ on Todd Mayo and run him off.  Wojo also lost Burton and Dawson.  No doubt this team could have used Burton's absolute talent and ability to score.  Dawson could have contributed to this team too.

Mayo basically ran himself off
Goal is National Championship

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2015, 10:43:51 PM »

100 wins in his first 5 years on the job.  Crean did it (inheriting a much worse situation).  Buzz did it, and had an empty cupboard his second year on the job - could be argued more depleted than what this current Wojo team is.  Particularly when you realize he lost a 4-star All Big East freshman after his first semester of sophomore year and a 3 star 1st semester sophomore.  Meanwhile we scramble to sign 3 star players to fill our open 3 scholarships.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2015, 10:56:04 PM »
Really?   Are you going to beat them up? 

I believe the comments made were that people stepped up and played well the other day, they were aggressive, didn't just sit around and defer.  I believe people also said whether that can be sustained was unknown and probably couldn't be....but good luck on your expedition.

I don't disagree that people stepped up and played well the other day, they were aggressive, didn't just sit around and defer. Once again, we're not a better team without Carlino as some were arguing heavily.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2015, 11:03:32 PM »

It is what it is.  But if WOJO were a ticker symbol - I wouldn't be buying.

Hopefully you didn't buy JJJ when it ipo'd at $25 in November 2013 - you'd be down 90% by now.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:18:56 PM by Lennys Tap »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2015, 11:04:55 PM »
100 wins in his first 5 years on the job.  Crean did it (inheriting a much worse situation).  Buzz did it, and had an empty cupboard his second year on the job - could be argued more depleted than what this current Wojo team is.  Particularly when you realize he lost a 4-star All Big East freshman after his first semester of sophomore year and a 3 star 1st semester sophomore.  Meanwhile we scramble to sign 3 star players to fill our open 3 scholarships.

Really? A team with two future NBA 1st Round picks and a couple of sharp-shooting senior guards was a "more depleted" team than a team with one player who averaged more than 13.5 minutes and no one who averaged more than 7 ppg?

You truly believe that?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2015, 11:11:15 PM »
Really? A team with two future NBA 1st Round picks and a couple of sharp-shooting senior guards was a "more depleted" team than a team with one player who averaged more than 13.5 minutes and no one who averaged more than 7 ppg?

You truly believe that?

Again, I look at what the roster was the day Wojo signed on the dotted line...  Todd Mayo, Deonte Burton, John Dawson.  Then he added Carlino...before he essentially kicked Todd off the team.

No, the team doesn't have an equal as to what Lazar was to that 2nd team of Buzz's.  Yet, I believe Mayo/Carlino/Burton are very close to what Lazar/DJO/Jimmy comprised - with Jimmy being in his 2nd year of high major ball, and DJO his first.  Carlino a 5 year guy, Mayo a 4 year guy, and Burton of course a sophomore.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2015, 11:18:52 PM »
Again, I look at what the roster was the day Wojo signed on the dotted line...  Todd Mayo, Deonte Burton, John Dawson.  Then he added Carlino...before he essentially kicked Todd off the team.

No, the team doesn't have an equal as to what Lazar was to that 2nd team of Buzz's.  Yet, I believe Mayo/Carlino/Burton are very close to what Lazar/DJO/Jimmy comprised - with Jimmy being in his 2nd year of high major ball, and DJO his first.  Carlino a 5 year guy, Mayo a 4 year guy, and Burton of course a sophomore.

Buzz brought in DJO and Buycks that season so I wasn't even including them. That means the team had 4 future NBA players on the roster. Does MU even have any D-League players on the current roster?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I see no way that Mayo/Carlino/Burton would have come close to matching the Lazar/DJO/Jimmy line of 46-16.5-6 on 46.3% shooting and 41.4% from 3.

To each his own...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2015, 11:28:15 PM »

If you have actual "inside" info, I might buy into your statements about Wojo and Mayo. But you've never said you have that. Other people have said they know exactly what happened this summer and they have repeatedly stated that the decision on whether Mayo stayed or left was not up to Wojo. But you keep placing it on Wojo over and over. Why?

brandx

« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2015, 11:31:07 PM »
Here we go again.

Ners destroys another thread.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2015, 01:40:36 AM »

Todd kicked himself off the team.

I believe that if Deonte's mother hadn't passed he would still be here. Even if that's not true, the decision to leave is on Burton. It's not Wojo's job to give players the minutes they think they deserve.

Dawson transferred to a Big South cellar dweller to find playing time. Enough said.

You really think that one guy who's coming off the bench in the D-League, one guy who may or may not end up in the league in three years, and another who will never sniff the NBA are equal to three guys who got drafted? One of whom is playing in the all star game next weekend? You must have really high hopes for Burton because DJO/Hayward >>>>>>> Mayo/Carlino. You must be expecting Burton to be twice as good as Jimmy Butler...the all star.

If I had to draft those six players you just listed I would draft them:

1. Jimmy
2. Lazar
3. DJO
4. Carlino
5. Burton
6. Mayo
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback