[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wow, you would never know we have a NCAA game Friday  (Read 2165 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Wow, you would never know we have a NCAA game Friday
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »

This board is getting swamped with Buzz rumors. This is only year three. I guess it speaks to the insecurity of many fans that another coach will leave the program. As far as I can tell, Buzz has said nothing to indicate he is unhappy at Marquette. No question he is getting a raise, either from us or someone else. He is in an enviable negotiating position without doing a thing.

If he stays, great. If not, MU has a problem because there are quite a few schools looking for coaches, and if our guy bolts after three years you have to wonder how good a gig MU is. Either way, it's Buzz's call, not ours.

Now, can we get a win Friday?

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: Wow, you would never know we have a NCAA game Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
YES! Go Marquette!! 

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
We are just using the Buzz rumors to kill some time before the game. I am already sick of all the hoopla prior to Fri at 7:27 EST .  We will win and put off the buzz saw 'till at least Sunday.

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:26:29 PM »
Yeah, the wait seems like an eternity.  Still a lot better than college football.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »
We are just using the Buzz rumors to kill some time before the game. I am already sick of all the hoopla prior to Fri at 7:27 EST .  We will win and put off the buzz saw 'till at least Sunday.

I could never get sick of the NCAA tournament. I'm glad MU plays Friday because it gives me a full day to enjoy the tournament before I have to worry about my favorite team advancing

muguru

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 11:00:27 PM »
I could never get sick of the NCAA tournament. I'm glad MU plays Friday because it gives me a full day to enjoy the tournament before I have to worry about my favorite team advancing

This. Love it when MU plays Fridays(specifically Friday nights), have had a whole day + to enjoy the tourney before the nerves set in with the MU game. When they would play the early game on Thursdays and lose, it felt like they were never even really in the tourney. Plus, it tends to put a damper on the rest of the whole tourney.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muchamps

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 11:09:02 PM »

s.

Now, can we get a win Friday?

Yes we can!  I've seen a Little of X, they make you shoot from the outside if they can. We must have an inside post game, Gardner and Otule. It will drive them inside opening the perimeter for easy shots.
 I Believe coach will stay.
 I will be at the game.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 11:24:18 PM »
Wow, 79warrior is trying to pick us all up off the deck tonight. What the hell has happened to the world?

feedback