[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Thanks Derrick, Juan and Matt!  (Read 8151 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Thanks Derrick, Juan and Matt!
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:37:23 AM »
Thank you all for working your tails off for OUR team, for representing OUR school with dignity, and for fighting until the very end.  You are all true Warriors, and I will miss seeing you in MU uniforms.

WE ARE MARQUETTE!

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
Re: Thanks Derrick, Juan and Matt!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 06:56:54 AM »
Amen, brothers!  Thanks for the good times, and may the years ahead bring you fond memories of your time at MU.  Be the difference in the lives of those whom you touch.  Stay strong.  Stay loyal.  Godspeed!
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:38:27 AM »
Thank you for representing MU with class.   Thank you for giving your all to the program. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 07:45:55 AM »
Thanks Juan and Derrick--you always gave 120%.  You are honorable representatives of our University.

Matt-thanks for this year.  Marquette was better for having you.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 07:59:27 AM »
Gentlemen,

It's been an honor having you represent our program.  Good luck in your future endeavors following graduation and don't be a stranger.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 08:00:47 AM »
Four NCAA appearances between them, two Sweet 16's and one Elite 8. Two wins over Bucky.  Three college degrees. Not too shabby.

They represented MU well!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 08:09:36 AM »
Congrats to all 3. Thanks for your efforts. Derrick and Juan: never was there a question about your effort.
Best wishes and success in your next phase of your journey.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 08:33:26 AM »
So you are questioning the effort of Matt?

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 08:45:03 AM »
Come on man....
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

connie

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 08:59:21 AM »
Let's let the crazy go for today.

Thanks to all three for your hours of effort.  Best of luck!
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 09:02:30 AM »
Come on man....
yeah, I'm sure it was just an honest oversight. ;)

mutodd5

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 09:07:07 AM »
Thank you for your efforts, seniors...

Juan - I can't think of anyone who has had more hustle in the program as long as I have watched Marquette basketball.  You have grown from the player that regularly frustrated me with inconsistent play to the team's best rebounder and an impressive defensive player.  You have always represented the university well and are an excellent role model.  Best of luck in what's next for you!

Derrick - You haven't done anything to deserve the abuse you've gotten on this board.  You are the epitome of class and leadership.  In all of the interviews I have seen, you are well spoken and you are an excellent role model for kids.  Thank you for being an outstanding representative of the university during your time.  I remember back to the game against Wisconsin when Junior Cadougan was suspended and you shut them down.  You were outstanding!

Matt - Thank you for coming here and helping kick-start the Wojo-era.  You are a talented shooter and have represented the university well during your short time.  It didn't turn out how you (or the fans) would have hoped for this year, but you have made some incredible shots and led this team through a challenging season.  I'm glad you have been able to come back from that horrible fall / concussion as we were all concerned for your health after that.

All three of you have been excellent teammates and have left it all on the floor.  The season didn't turn out how we all hoped, but you have set the tone for the Wojo-era with your effort, hustle, and enthusiasm.  I wish you men all the best in your future endeavors.

goan

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »
Thank Derrik,Juan and Matt.

We are proud of you and hope you get your degrees.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 10:28:17 AM »
No--WTF is wrong with you? Matt was here a year, the others 4 years. The other two had lesser talents, which I have posted about many times---but never questioned their effort, which is the distinction. Now that it is crystal clear for you--have at it! WTF is wrong with you?????
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 11:31:56 AM »
Thank you seniors for all your work and being fantastic representatives of the university. Couldn't be more proud to call you fellow alumni.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 11:38:56 AM »
Thank you for your efforts, seniors...

Juan - I can't think of anyone who has had more hustle in the program as long as I have watched Marquette basketball.  You have grown from the player that regularly frustrated me with inconsistent play to the team's best rebounder and an impressive defensive player.  You have always represented the university well and are an excellent role model.  Best of luck in what's next for you!

Derrick - You haven't done anything to deserve the abuse you've gotten on this board.  You are the epitome of class and leadership.  In all of the interviews I have seen, you are well spoken and you are an excellent role model for kids.  Thank you for being an outstanding representative of the university during your time.  I remember back to the game against Wisconsin when Junior Cadougan was suspended and you shut them down.  You were outstanding!

Matt - Thank you for coming here and helping kick-start the Wojo-era.  You are a talented shooter and have represented the university well during your short time.  It didn't turn out how you (or the fans) would have hoped for this year, but you have made some incredible shots and led this team through a challenging season.  I'm glad you have been able to come back from that horrible fall / concussion as we were all concerned for your health after that.

All three of you have been excellent teammates and have left it all on the floor.  The season didn't turn out how we all hoped, but you have set the tone for the Wojo-era with your effort, hustle, and enthusiasm.  I wish you men all the best in your future endeavors.

Well said, particularly the comments regarding Derrick.  The kid is a maximum effort player who has always represented MU well.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
I gotta say how impressed I am with Juan.  California kid coming to cold Wisconsin to play ball.  through coaching changes and crappy seasons this year and last, he stayed committed to the program and his education.  man of his word and a hard worker. 

MU72491

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »
Ya thanks Juan and Derrick for leaving, this will either be the best or the worse senior day (Carlino is awesome tho)

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 12:01:28 PM »
Ya thanks Juan and Derrick for leaving, this will either be the best or the worse senior day (Carlino is awesome tho)

Such a douchey comment. Just go away.

Thanks for eveything seniors. Hope you get a proper send off with a win.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 12:14:24 PM »
Thank you seniors! Your perseverance through this season is admirable.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 12:14:58 PM »
Thank you for your effort fellas!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »

You'll be the guy booing during the ceremony I assume? Don't be surprised when someone dumps beer on you
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:42:42 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 12:28:10 PM »
I made my scoop name before Juan had even started school at MU - I was so excited for his development. While he never developed into the player I hoped he would, Juan always gave 200% for his team and was always one of my favorite guys, evenly blindly at times. When he decided not to transfer after his junior year, I was incredibly optimistic about his final two seasons. It really is a shame that he is forced to deal with an injury taking away the best part of his game - his tenacity and energy - as his MU career comes to an end. The few times I interacted with Juan he was truly just a great guy. Here is to a successful career in wherever life takes you Juan!

Derrick was the leader of the MU program the past two years and held that role admirably. He represented the school with class. I have no doubt that Derrick will continue to carry those values as he integrates himself into his new life. Best of luck, Derrick...thank you.

Part of me sort of feels bad for Carlino. I doubt he was counting on a team well under .500. But I cant even imagine where this team would be without him. I think we'd be staring down a 25 loss season. But I tell you what - Matt can light it up as well as anyone in this league, which is the only reason I have even a sliver of hope next week. A healthy Matt COULD go all Kemba Walker on us and carry this team to a Saturday night game with a chance to dance. He's that good. Go out with a splash, Matt - I know it's in there. Thanks for being a warrior!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »
Ripping seniors on Senior day says way more about the ripper (hint: completely classless) than it does about the seniors.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 12:50:35 PM »
That was a really poor senior day ceremony. No personal comments, etc