[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Got a good feeling about tomorrow...  (Read 3552 times)

JTBMU7

• All American
Got a good feeling about tomorrow...
« on: March 19, 2011, 11:32:27 PM »
I'm feeling good about tomorrow's game. I think we're shooting well (especially DJO) and Syracuse doesn't scare me all that much on the offensive end. Jackson is a beast, but if Jae and Jimmy can get him in foul trouble I think we can hang.

Jr and Buycks will be huge tomorrow, really need them to play tight D to keep Triche and Jardine from getting their bigs going.

Also, I think being an 11 seed is an advantage, we're playing with house money so let's pull out another upset!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Got a good feeling about tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:42:54 PM »
I badly want a sweet 16 but I just cannot see a W tomorrow
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 11:47:31 PM »
Just don't bet any body parts on a L - you might need them later.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 12:01:36 AM »
Rebound and run, they are as slow as molasses.  But really big.  Get inside there zone, lots
of easy shots, to be had.  Press them, they are not deep, nor quick.  No real point guard.
Double Jackson once he gets the ball, the key is the weakside defender has to quick to cover
the other big.  Jimmy has to assertive on the offensive end.  The real key is DJO shooting
the ball with confidence.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 12:08:30 AM »
Me too. Scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese breakfast tortillas in the morning! Mmmmmmmm....mmm!
SS Marquette

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:36 AM »
Rebound and run, they are as slow as molasses.  But really big.  Get inside there zone, lots
of easy shots, to be had.  Press them, they are not deep, nor quick.  No real point guard.
Double Jackson once he gets the ball, the key is the weakside defender has to quick to cover
the other big.  Jimmy has to assertive on the offensive end.  The real key is DJO shooting
the ball with confidence.

Have you ever watched Syracuse play?  Jardine and Triche are not quick, and they don't get back on defense?  Slow as molasses?  Fair and Joseph are slow?   How are they not deep?  They play 9 guys over 10 minutes and 10 guys overall.  Hopefully you don't have the scout for tomorrows game.

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 12:17:23 AM »
We get the W tomorrow.

Book it now.

Only question is will we get a shot at Washington to make up for our last meeting?  Not very likely - we will probably get NC and give them all they can handle. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 12:18:55 AM »
We get the W tomorrow.

Book it now.

Only question is will we get a shot at Washington to make up for our last meeting?  Not very likely - we will probably get NC and give them all they can handle. 

Wana bet?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »
I'm not super confident but I have some reason for optimism. I thought the first time we played them we attacked a zone the best I've seen a Buzz team do in the first half. Jae in the middle of that zone was great. The Syracuse players said in their press conference that their defense was bad at that point and is much better now, which I'm sure is true, but i thought we had a good game plan.

Also, I think Indiana state did a great job of breaking the zone, they just didn't have the size or athletes playing inside to finish. They got the ball in the middle and could do some things. They sometimes had a few good shots on a possession but had to pass out due to size (I know we aren't a big team but I feel we finish or draw contact much better than ISU).

Also, I read their transcript of their press conference and the players basically said, " we played bad on defense, we have it fixed, and we will win." At least that is how I took it. Jackson said they looked past Butler in the tourney last year and won't let it happen again, but reading their comments I got the impression losing to us was a fluke in their eyes. That may be all true, but I don't think that's an attitude you want going in. Hopefully we surprise them again.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 09:51:44 AM »
We need to play better on D this go-round, last time, it seemed they hit every shot they took in the 2nd half.  I'd love for Jae or DJO to drop like 25+ on them again, bombs away against that zone.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 09:53:45 AM »
Suprised no mention of the importance of Chris Otule in this thread.  He will be key to tonight's game.  Cannot get in early foul trouble.  We can't have Jae or Jimmy getting worn down trying to deal with Jackson.

Hopefully Gardner can give some good minutes tonight too.  Feel our guards can handle their guards/at least match their guards.  Jimmy and Joseph can cancel each other out (slight edge to Joseph maybe)...so that leaves Jae as an X factor...just like last time around against Cuse.

I'd love to see a convincing win..similar to what we saw against Xavier...but pretty sure that won't happen.  A close one down the stretch..and hopefully the basketball gods give MU some good karma after some of the hard NCAA defeats of the last 4 years..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 10:20:23 AM »
Find Jimmy and DJO around the FT, 16 foot jumpers all day long.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »
I'm feeling good about tomorrow's game. I think we're shooting well (especially DJO) and Syracuse doesn't scare me all that much on the offensive end. Jackson is a beast, but if Jae and Jimmy can get him in foul trouble I think we can hang.

Jr and Buycks will be huge tomorrow, really need them to play tight D to keep Triche and Jardine from getting their bigs going.

Also, I think being an 11 seed is an advantage, we're playing with house money so let's pull out another upset!

This?
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go8ABAkQcfk

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »
Confidence level remains high here. Love the effort and swagger on Friday night. Also think the guys might be busting butt for Buzz in hopes he remains their coach. It appears the guys dig the guy.

M@RQUETTEW@RRIORS

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 10:36:24 AM »
Watching that Syracuse zone against us, throughout the year and against Ind ST.  It is very vunlerable to the dribble drive.  But our gurads have to know they arent driving to score.  Rather to draw the defense and dish to the open man.  That D is one of the easiest Ds to go against if you just use your head. 

When cuse has the ball however, becasue of their size and versatality will be tough to stop.  Otule MUST stay out of foul trouble.  Teams are starting to not even attempt shots down low when he is in there.  MU must continue its defensive improvements and shoot a decent percentage from 3.