'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker  (Read 3880 times)

Carl

• Team Captain
Re: [New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2024, 04:34:07 PM »
Kalkenbrenner just announced he’s coming back to Creighton. I thought he was out of eligibility

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2024, 04:34:36 PM »
Kalkenbrenner just announced he’s coming back to Creighton. I thought he was out of eligibility

He has that covid year.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2024, 06:36:07 PM »

Big East gonna be a gauntlet

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2024, 06:59:47 PM »
Year 5 for him. Wish we could have Oso and Tyler for their year 5s as well. Alas, not to be.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2024, 07:07:04 PM »
Good.   Someone else for Ben to take out to the 3 pt line.   Can't wait.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2024, 07:11:41 PM »

Did he already win the Big East DPOY for next season?  🤔

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2024, 07:25:56 PM »

I’m sure.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM »

Yes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Viper

• All American
« Reply #33 on: Today at 07:02:18 AM »
Good.   Someone else for Ben to take out to the 3 pt line.   Can't wait.
probably need to improve on 36% to draw the D. Hopefully it will happen. Would be very beneficial to the entire O.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: Today at 07:11:39 AM »
Cool.  Let them sag off him.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: Today at 08:59:26 AM »
probably need to improve on 36% to draw the D. Hopefully it will happen. Would be very beneficial to the entire O.

I know it can't literally be "taken away" but ... take away the 5-game slump Gold had right near the start of the conference season, and he shot exactly 40% from 3 in 2023-24.

I'd be thrilled if he shoots 40% next season, especially given that he'll probably take quite a few more 3s. Wouldn't you? Do you think opposing defenses would ignore a guy who goes 40% from 3 and easily could have something like a 5-for-7 run in a game?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: Today at 09:11:02 AM »
https://painttouches.com/2024/04/19/2024-big-east-roster-tracker/

Another update to the tracker. Uconn and Creighton both solidified themselves as contenders. Seton Hall is down to 7 scholarship players. Xavier picks up their 4th transfer who was all confrence second team from a mid major conference last season. And Marquette gets a transfer!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #37 on: Today at 09:32:50 AM »
Pretty interesting stuff.  I find this era of basketball ridiculously confusing.  I’m not a fan but it is what it is and I know I have to get used to it.

I’d hate to be a coach in this era.  I’m a huge Shaka fan. I hope his approach works.  If it does it will elevate his status for me even more.  He has his principles and he is sticking to them.  Not sure I would be so steadfast when you look at what others are adding but I am going to really enjoy watching how it works out. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #38 on: Today at 10:32:36 AM »
Pretty interesting stuff.  I find this era of basketball ridiculously confusing.  I’m not a fan but it is what it is and I know I have to get used to it.

I’d hate to be a coach in this era.  I’m a huge Shaka fan. I hope his approach works.  If it does it will elevate his status for me even more.  He has his principles and he is sticking to them.  Not sure I would be so steadfast when you look at what others are adding but I am going to really enjoy watching how it works out.

Following the lead of "what others are adding" would make Shaka and our team indistinguishable from others. We are significantly different from all the other major conference teams, and that will be the reason a certain number of high-level recruits will choose Marquette. Although he has not made a decision yet, Miletic is a perfect example of this, judging from his comments about Marquette.

Shaka is focused both on the present and the future. In Shaka's case, future means multiple seasons with linkage season to season. In the cases of many other coaches, they often lurch from one season to the next and are pinning their hopes on replacing their portaling players with portaling players from other teams.

« Last Edit: Today at 10:35:54 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: Today at 10:38:19 AM »

Agree with most of this, except for enjoying watching how it works out, especially if it goes south for MU,which it appears to be moving that way as opposed to some of our rivals.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: Today at 10:42:45 AM »
Agree with most of this, except for enjoying watching how it works out, especially if it goes south for MU,which it appears to be moving that way as opposed to some of our rivals.

Typical Dung willie post.  We have been a top 10 team now for 2 years going. I do not see us slipping far from that standard next year.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #41 on: Today at 10:44:20 AM »
I know it can't literally be "taken away" but ... take away the 5-game slump Gold had right near the start of the conference season, and he shot exactly 40% from 3 in 2023-24.

I'd be thrilled if he shoots 40% next season, especially given that he'll probably take quite a few more 3s. Wouldn't you? Do you think opposing defenses would ignore a guy who goes 40% from 3 and easily could have something like a 5-for-7 run in a game?
40% on higher volume would be solid

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: Today at 11:36:47 AM »

Imagine being this soft.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #43 on: Today at 11:43:19 AM »
Imagine being this soft.

Imagine being that ignorant.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: Today at 12:27:48 PM »
Imagine being that ignorant.

I can’t. The gap is just too damn wide now.