collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wade and Butler benched  (Read 3092 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Wade and Butler benched
« on: January 27, 2017, 05:32:10 PM »
From starting lineup at least.

Team is a sh it show.

At least MU rolls together!
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
Re: Wade and Butler benched
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 05:34:57 PM »
They probably should be, that was a pretty punk move on their parts. If you have a problem with your teammates say something to their faces, not the media.

brandx

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »
Funny how reinsdorf always gets a pass. Both of his teams are screwed up.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 07:14:56 PM »
http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/27/14411488/rajon-rondo-dwyane-wade-jimmy-butler-chicago-bulls-instagram

Article would've been a little more balanced if it at least mentioned Rondo sitting out games because he threw a towel in the face of an assistant coach, (not to mention an MU national champ.)

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 03:00:03 PM »
Article would've been a little more balanced if it at least mentioned Rondo sitting out games because he threw a towel in the face of an assistant coach, (not to mention an MU national champ.)

Not to mention that Rondo himself, now certainly a veteran, was doing the exact thing he said good veterans don't do by complaining about Wade and Butler in a public forum.

Stupidity all around, but Wade ad Butler get the lion's share of the blame for starting it.

Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 03:12:59 PM »
They probably should be, that was a pretty punk move on their parts. If you have a problem with your teammates say something to their faces, not the media.

While I don't necessarily agree with what Wade and Butler did...Do we know that they didn't say something to their faces but the message failed to land? It's also possible that Wade hasn't been surrounded with a group of teammates this bad in a long, long time and confused their lack of talent with lack of effort  ;)

I've come around and am 100% in favor of the Bulls trading Butler to the Celtics. Throw in Taj as well!

The Bulls could get back the Nets #1 pick, Jaylen Brown (who has been compared to Butler), James Young (1st Rounder who hasn't lived up to his potential in limited chances) and a veteran with a big contract (Johnson or Zeller?).

The Bulls would then get the #3 pick from 2016, a top 3 pick in 2017, their own pick in the 9-12 range in 2017 and another potential top 3 pick in 2018 after they win 20 games next season. That has the potential to be a trio of top 3 picks along with a #10ish pick. If only I had any confidence in the guys making those picks...

Put another way, would you rather have Butler, Wade and a bunch of nobodies vying for the #6 seed? Or would you rather take your chances with Jaylen Brown, Markelle Fultz, Malik Monk and DeAndre Ayton going forward?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:20:42 PM by MerrittsMustache »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 06:08:32 PM »
While I don't necessarily agree with what Wade and Butler did...Do we know that they didn't say something to their faces but the message failed to land? It's also possible that Wade hasn't been surrounded with a group of teammates this bad in a long, long time and confused their lack of talent with lack of effort  ;)

I've come around and am 100% in favor of the Bulls trading Butler to the Celtics. Throw in Taj as well!

The Bulls could get back the Nets #1 pick, Jaylen Brown (who has been compared to Butler), James Young (1st Rounder who hasn't lived up to his potential in limited chances) and a veteran with a big contract (Johnson or Zeller?).

The Bulls would then get the #3 pick from 2016, a top 3 pick in 2017, their own pick in the 9-12 range in 2017 and another potential top 3 pick in 2018 after they win 20 games next season. That has the potential to be a trio of top 3 picks along with a #10ish pick. If only I had any confidence in the guys making those picks...

Put another way, would you rather have Butler, Wade and a bunch of nobodies vying for the #6 seed? Or would you rather take your chances with Jaylen Brown, Markelle Fultz, Malik Monk and DeAndre Ayton going forward?

Your trade wouldn't work (salaries aren't close to matching), and I don't think they'd trade Brown.

I'm all for trading Butler to the Celtics, as long as I get this year's Nets pick. Bulls would take back Amir Johnson, Jerebko, and Young. Not a haul, but you're probably only getting 85 cents on the dollar for Butler.

Bulls most likely will have the Kings pick, hopefully between 11-14. If the Bulls traded Butler and ended up tanking second half, they'd have at least two lottery picks at a chance at #1, and the Kings pick (ideally at 11).

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 08:26:09 PM »
Your trade wouldn't work (salaries aren't close to matching), and I don't think they'd trade Brown.

I'm all for trading Butler to the Celtics, as long as I get this year's Nets pick. Bulls would take back Amir Johnson, Jerebko, and Young. Not a haul, but you're probably only getting 85 cents on the dollar for Butler.

Bulls most likely will have the Kings pick, hopefully between 11-14. If the Bulls traded Butler and ended up tanking second half, they'd have at least two lottery picks at a chance at #1, and the Kings pick (ideally at 11).

I'd rather they keep Butler.  If you trade him you're just hoping to find someone who could maybe be that good 3-5 years down the road. I have no faith in this front office to tear it down and build it back up successfully.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 09:05:20 AM »

Yeah, you're right. I threw Gibson in at the last minute. They'd either need to take him out of the trade or Boston would have to give up Johnson and Zeller.

I don't know why the Bulls would make the trade you proposed. They'd basically be getting a high draft pick and expiring contracts for a top 15 NBA player. They have to get back more than that. Unless the Bulls can get Brown AND the Nets pick, I don't think it'd be worth it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »
Because Jimmy isn't a guy you build a team around.  Unless you are planning on replacing the GM and the coach, he isn't going to be a positive guy in their locker room.  And he's good enough to get you stuck in basketball pergatory but that's about it. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 09:41:47 AM »
Because Jimmy isn't a guy you build a team around.  Unless you are planning on replacing the GM and the coach, he isn't going to be a positive guy in their locker room.  And he's good enough to get you stuck in basketball pergatory but that's about it.

You're right in that he's not a guy that will be the best player on a championship team.  But he is a star and an excellent two-way player that still continues to get better.  Those guys are hard to find.  The problem is the front office is not capable of surrounding him with high-level talent. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 12:22:14 PM »
You're right in that he's not a guy that will be the best player on a championship team.  But he is a star and an excellent two-way player that still continues to get better.  Those guys are hard to find.  The problem is the front office is not capable of surrounding him with high-level talent. 

No front office is capable of rebuilding while Jimmy is still in his prime. He's got three season left with the Bulls, it's not possible.

Trade him.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 12:47:36 PM »
No front office is capable of rebuilding while Jimmy is still in his prime. He's got three season left with the Bulls, it's not possible.

Trade him.

Not saying this is the correct route to take but for argument's sake...

Keep Butler. Sign his Space Jam commercial buddy Blake Griffin. Waive Rondo and sign a true PG in his prime who's not a max player - Jeff Teague.

Starting 5 of
Lopez
Griffin
Butler
Wade
Teague

McDermott, Portis, vet PG (Patty Mills?) and vet C off the bench (also have Valentine, Grant/Canaan and potentially two 1st Rd picks)

The bench is pretty weak and they still lack 3-point shooting but that team is at least a contender in the sorry-@ss East, right?

Again, it's not necessarily what I'd want to see them do and I can't imagine the Bulls' FO doing something like this but if the Bulls' goal is to keep it interesting, there are options.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 12:56:13 PM »

Keep Butler. Sign his Space Jam commercial buddy Blake Griffin. Waive Rondo and sign a true PG in his prime who's not a max player - Jeff Teague.

Starting 5 of
Lopez
Griffin
Butler
Wade
Teague

McDermott, Portis, vet PG (Patty Mills?) and vet C off the bench (also have Valentine, Grant/Canaan and potentially two 1st Rd picks)

The bench is pretty weak and they still lack 3-point shooting but that team is at least a contender in the sorry-@ss East, right?

Again, it's not necessarily what I'd want to see them do and I can't imagine the Bulls' FO doing something like this but if the Bulls' goal is to keep it interesting, there are options.

It's a team and I don't hate it. I just don't think it's going to win anything.

Also, Butler can leave in 2019 apparently.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »

Starting 5 of
Lopez
Griffin
Butler
Wade
Teague

Part of the problem is that the Bulls have always had as part of their plans..."sign player X."  (Blake Griffin)

The problem is they NEVER sign player X and they end up signing guys who are either over the hill like Wade or who are not nearly as good. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »

Part of the problem is that the Bulls have always had as part of their plans..."sign player X."  (Blake Griffin)

The problem is they NEVER sign player X and they end up signing guys who are either over the hill like Wade or who are not nearly as good.

True. If the Bulls did try to go big in free agency this offseason, they'd end up with the 2017 equivalents of Ron Mercer, Eddie Robinson and Carlos Boozer (similarly to how they ended up with Wade and Rondo last offseason).