'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The group I really feel for...  (Read 6292 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: The group I really feel for...
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 05:32:15 PM »
Even if Buzz's Bunch was a marketing ploy, sometimes mutual interests align.  There is no doubt that it touched the lives of the kids and no doubt that it touched the lives of the others who participated (eg, the players, volunteers).  Overall it was good while it lasted.
A marketing ploy??? Wow.
No Finish Line

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or given it much thought, but what about Buzz's Bunch.  Think of the heartache that this is going to cause so many families in the Milwaukee area.  Sure most of us are shocked and feeling a little jaded, but now try explaining it to a small child with a serious illness or handicap.  These kids and their families really found something that could take their mind off their situation for a brief moment.  Now they are left behind to try and figure out why someone who cared so much for them bolts for the ACC. 

I'm going to wait and see how this plays out, just like i did when crean left.  The only difference is at least when crean left, the only people it affected was the program and the message boards.  Here i feel for the people of buzz's bunch and hope that Marquette keeps the tradition of helping the community.  this is one area that I'm thankful buzz made such an impact.

My child was going to be in Buzz Bunch for the first time this year.  I hope this continues.   What people might not realize is that Buzz bunch is not only for sick or injured kids, it is also for kids with developmental disabilities.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 12:53:13 AM »
Howland's Heroes

Problem solved.

I'd prefer "Howland's Homies"...
SS Marquette

TheTulsaWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 08:13:43 AM »
Getting back to an important serious subject for those of us with special needs kids -- the continuation of a program like this means a great deal.  The parents and kids can feel isolated.  Having a special relationship like this changes a child's outlook on life.  It helps the parents feel like the world is not indifferent to the battle they are fighting for their child.

This program needs to continue for the good it can do and frankly as a logical extension of the Jesuit philosophy.  Cut the smart ass comments and connect with your humanity posters.

Make this program continue under the Marquette University banner. 

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 08:21:57 AM »
Agree to disagree I guess. If someone is really that much of a heartless bastard that they wouldn't want to spend some time with a group of special needs kids, good riddance. It's not all about wins and losses. I also thought it was good for the players, helped them become men with character, which is one of the objectives of this as well

Bleuteaux's Bunch!?!

THEbig0

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
I say call the the "MU crew" and make it stick past any one coach.

feedback