[Today at 04:43:45 PM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by tower912
[Today at 01:46:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:20:38 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is Buzz ever seen around campus?  (Read 6744 times)

tower912

• All American
Is Buzz ever seen around campus?
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:25:57 PM »
With all that has been written about Buzz' work ethic and the length of days he puts in, my question to current MU students is this.....do you ever see him around campus?    Restaurants on Wells St?    Anywhere?    Or does he just spend all of his time at the Al?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
Re: Is Buzz ever seen around campus?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »
He's said he drives from home to work and back again and that's it, so I would guess not.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MU

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »
I've never seen him and I'm out on campus quite a bit

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
I have seen him walking from the parking structure from 14th to the AL a few times in the morning and thats about it. Beside the time i was him doing keg stands at a delta ki party. 
Da Bulls

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »
i am a freshman who lives on campus and i never see him

1617novakn

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »
current student - I saw him and the team at The Broken Yolk by 2040 and once at the US Bank on campus, thats it.

2TimeWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
current student - I saw him and the team at The Broken Yolk by 2040 and once at the US Bank on campus, thats it.

What is The Broken Yolk?  Has Michael's been replaced or is this a new place in the 2040 lofts?

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »
best breakfast place in the city

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 02:30:18 PM »
new place at 2040

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 02:37:07 PM »

good not best.
But I like to throw handfuls...

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 02:42:19 PM »

No props to Miss Katie's Diner??  Where's the love?
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 02:45:48 PM »
Miss Katies dinner waitress's creap me out to the extreme.  The dinner right by dunkin donuts is way better!
Da Bulls

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »
good not best.

I often long for biscuits and gravy from Michaels.   It was always quite an adventure to try to get a meal in there at 2:30am, but it was almost always worth it

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »
Miss Katies dinner waitress's creap me out to the extreme.  The dinner right by dunkin donuts is way better!

Copper Penny?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »
Midwest Diner, 665 w wisconsin.  Its really good and pretty cheap and you get free refills of pop unlike miss katies....
Da Bulls

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »
Two of my friends got SEVERE food poisoning from the Broken Yolk a few weeks ago.  One so bad that he was in the hospital for a few days and is missing the entire semester because he had to withdraw from classes.  I then got food poisoning 5 days later at Sal's in 2040.  Stay clear from both.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 03:52:30 PM »
Two of my friends got SEVERE food poisoning from the Broken Yolk a few weeks ago.  One so bad that he was in the hospital for a few days and is missing the entire semester because he had to withdraw from classes.  I then got food poisoning 5 days later at Sal's in 2040.  Stay clear from both.

sounds like you and your friends should just revert back to smoking bowls and eating full containers of double stuffed oreo's on the couch.  leave the eating out alone. 

i stopped at the broken yolk not long ago and was really upset that it wasn't open when i was a student at MU only a couple years ago.  food was great and the prices were relatively cheap.  i would recommend it. 
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 03:59:13 PM »
sounds like you and your friends should just revert back to smoking bowls and eating full containers of double stuffed oreo's on the couch.  leave the eating out alone. 

i stopped at the broken yolk not long ago and was really upset that it wasn't open when i was a student at MU only a couple years ago.  food was great and the prices were relatively cheap.  i would recommend it. 

+1 on both paragraphs.

LON

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »

I don't get it.  Only pot smokers get food poisoning?

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 05:36:49 PM »

Your first paragraph is idiotic. Unnecessary. I know the kid who had to spend time in the hospital. It WAS from food poisoning from the Broken Yolk. Not from smoking anything. I also can vouch for MUshrooms that he was very sick after eating Sal's. Once again, he did not smoke anything. I like the Broken Yolk a lot too. I'll probably eat there again too. However, it's pretty apparent they made a mistake once. MUshrooms is just trying to look out for the fellow Scoopers.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 06:15:13 PM »
Your first paragraph is idiotic. Unnecessary. I know the kid who had to spend time in the hospital. It WAS from food poisoning from the Broken Yolk. Not from smoking anything. I also can vouch for MUshrooms that he was very sick after eating Sal's. Once again, he did not smoke anything. I like the Broken Yolk a lot too. I'll probably eat there again too. However, it's pretty apparent they made a mistake once. MUshrooms is just trying to look out for the fellow Scoopers.

I understand that the kid had to go to the hospital, I hope he is ok...but going to the hospital for a few days and he had to withdraw from class?  Highly doubt it! I had a sister home for 2 weeks with a severe case of Mono, and she was able to work things out...so a few days, please!

GasPasser

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 06:30:53 PM »
I ate dinner in the booth adjacent to the Buzz. This was in Dallas. The Buzz enjoyed Chicken Fried Steak and Sweet Tea. His meal angered his bowels and his flatulence was prodigious.

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 06:57:40 PM »
I understand that the kid had to go to the hospital, I hope he is ok...but going to the hospital for a few days and he had to withdraw from class?  Highly doubt it! I had a sister home for 2 weeks with a severe case of Mono, and she was able to work things out...so a few days, please!
Well he did withdraw from classes this semester. There were definitely other factors involved, so yes, you are right; the Broken Yolk alone will not cause you to drop out for a semester. I think the point was just to give a heads up on a food poisoning incident.

Back to the original point of the thread. The only time I ever see Buzz on campus is when he comes into the Spirit Shop periodically. 

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 10:09:49 AM »

Sounds like you take a forum screen name a little too seriously.  I was simply stating some facts, in my book there's nothing worse than a restaurant that serves food that makes its customers sick. 

LEGALIZE IT!

2TimeWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:22 AM »

LEGALIZE IT!

Maybe gimp doesn't take the screen name too seriously...or was that meant to be teal?

feedback