Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] Fanatics Have Option to Sell Back Their Syracuse Ticket  (Read 4346 times)

GoMarquetteSays

Fanatics Have Option to Sell Back Their Syracuse Ticket

Understanding that many students will make plans to leave campus for spring break, Fanatics have the option to sell their Syracuse ticket back to the Department of Athletics for the face-value cost of a single game student ticket--$4.48. Doing so will allow our ticket office to know how many additional tickets, if any, must be made available to the general public in order to ensure a packed house and proper farewell for seniors Dominic James, Jerel McNeal, Wesley Matthews and Dwight Burke in their last game at the Bradley Center.

http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021809aaa.html

reinko

• All American
I imagine the athletic office will then sell them for $4.48.   ::)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
I imagine the athletic office will then sell them for $4.48.   ::)

I realize you're being sarcastic, but in an effort to provide facts they're planning on selling them for $15.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
I like the move.  Absolutely no reason to have one empty seat in the house for our seniors' last game at MU.  I'm sure MU is not going to stick it to the public unnecessarily...will probably sell them for $9 or $15 or however much those uppers usually would sell for at face value.

LON

• All American
Why weren't there any students there last night?  I mean, the whole upper level was DEAD. 

There is no reason a top 10-15 team should have empty student sections, I don't care if it is a Tuesday.  Extremely disappointed.

fjg44

• Walk-On
Why weren't there any students there last night?  I mean, the whole upper level was DEAD. 

There is no reason a top 10-15 team should have empty student sections, I don't care if it is a Tuesday.  Extremely disappointed.

I thought the same thing about St. Johns.  It was Valentines Day, but there were a lot of empty seats.  I mean what is more important, basketball or a girlfriend?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
How much money could be realized for MU through this "buy for $5, sell for $15" deal?
SS Marquette

Tribby

• Starter
How much money could be realized for MU through this "buy for $5, sell for $15" deal?
Well, the student section is what, 5,000 people? If 10% of them do the sellback (a reasonable enough estimate, I would think), that's $5,000.

IAmMarquette

• All American
I thought the same thing about St. Johns.  It was Valentines Day, but there were a lot of empty seats.  I mean what is more important, basketball or a girlfriend?

What's with the sarcasm? The answer is obviously basketball.  ;)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload

From the article it says:

For each additional ticket sold to the general public, Marquette Athletics will donate the difference in ticket prices--$10.50--to Second Harvest food bank, the second largest private, non-profit distributor of food in Wisconsin.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
Re: [GoMarquette.com] Fanatics Have Option to Sell Back Their Syracuse Ticket
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 05:22:58 PM »

Same thing happened last year, except MU was playing Louisville on ESPN's Big Monday.

But people will still complain about how the student section needs to be moved or expanded, blah blah blah.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

chapman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »
I'm thinking about 12 students do it.  If anything, this convinces those who weren't going to do anything with the ticket that there's demand for them to scalp it.

mu_eyeballs

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:53:49 PM »
This is kinda a joke...at OSU they will let students "upgrade" their student tickets to a regular ticket by paying the difference, and then the student can sell their updated ticket on the open market...

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 09:14:41 PM »
From the article it says:

For each additional ticket sold to the general public, Marquette Athletics will donate the difference in ticket prices--$10.50--to Second Harvest food bank, the second largest private, non-profit distributor of food in Wisconsin.

Didn't read it...sorry!
SS Marquette

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 09:29:28 AM »
It was Valentines Day, but there were a lot of empty seats.  I mean what is more important, basketball or a girlfriend?

Am I the only one on here who remembers the Valentines Day 1990 bus trip to ND in a blizzard.  My wife still hasn't completely forgiven me for that one, but at least she still married me.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 11:25:56 AM »
What a joke. A college student living on ramen noodles and Beast Light, if he knows he has a ticket for a basketball game that is sold out, is he going to sell it back to the Athletic Dept. for less than $5 or on Ebay for much more than $5?

Total joke. Student tickets are priced that way so MU at least gets some money for the Seton Halls and St. John'ses on the schedule, so it's value is actually pretty good, but for MU to think that the value of that ticket is exactly the same when the game is sold out and the team is in the top 10 shows a disconnect not only with basic economics, but with the real world.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 11:27:47 AM »
considering about 80 students already have sold theirs back per the Ticket office this morning, I'd say yes.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »

I spent the whole day with the girlfriend (an MU alum) and then left her at home when I went to the Marquette game with my season ticket companion.  A very useful teaching point to convince the GF that she needs to go in on season tickets next season.

Also......$4.48 a game????     If that ticket cost more...fewer students would skip games.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »

Also......$4.48 a game????     If that ticket cost more...fewer students would skip games.
thus the reason the prices are going up

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
I think it's funny some people are crapping on Marquette for paying the face value of the ticket.  At the beginning of the year people always complain about how much the tickets cost due to the rise in price the last few years.  In relation to the rest of the country Marquette's student tickets are very reasonably priced.

You can't complain about how high the student tickets cost at he beginning of the year, then be pissed at  the very low face value for it at the end of the year.

I think it's remarkable that the cost for a student to see Marquette/Syracuse or Marquette/UConn is under $4.50?  Sure a game against Texas Southern also cost $4.48 but that is still a steal.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »
Also......$4.48 a game????     If that ticket cost more...fewer students would skip games.

But also, I have to imagine fewer students would buy season tickets in the first place, is that really what we want?
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »
But also, I have to imagine fewer students would buy season tickets in the first place, is that really what we want?

Haven't MU sold out all the student tickets the past few years?  I think they might has some room to move the price and still sell them out but who knows as expectations won't be as high next year as they have been the past couple.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »

With the upper deck vacant for so many games it would provide an opportunity to sell more regular season ticket.  1 cheap-seat season ticket is the same price as 3 student tickets.  If those vacated seats get filled by butts and the university makes more money, then why not reduce the size of the student section.  Maybe then the students would start appreciating the fact that they get to see a top-10 team 18 times a year for under $100 when their section sells out.

mucrew08

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 08:38:32 AM »
The problem with this assumption is that the university could sell those tickets for games that students wouldn't want to go to. The arena isn't full during crappy games, just like the student section isn't. The BC did not sell out for the Seton Hall game, so adding more upper deck sections for that game would not have produced more money for the university. People could still walk up at gametime and get a a ticket if they wanted to.