'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nova game thread  (Read 34312 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Nova game thread
« Reply #325 on: February 12, 2020, 10:06:53 PM »
you have very low reading comprehension. I stated the last couple possessions of the game is what determines a clutch player or not. Also, clutch players usually have postseason success....

Hahaha, this gets better. Show me on the doll where Markus touched you, Mr. Hauser.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #326 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:08 PM »
Good post and good analysis. Tough call on the foul/no foul with 40 seconds left down three...but I agree we should have fouled after about 10-15 seconds of trapping/going for steals. Have to extend game in that situation.

I think when you are facing a team that isn’t the best in the conference at FTs, you consider it more.

If they foul and he makes his FTs we get mad he fouled (and I get mad MU likely doesn’t cover)

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #327 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:59 PM »
Yeah, you would think people wouldn’t run to a message board following a loss to trash a National Player of the Year candidate and Marquette legend. It’s just a game.

None of that excuses wishing an incurable disease on someone.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #328 on: February 12, 2020, 10:08:24 PM »
Markus scores final 11 points.

Can you find the time of the last shot attempt for an MU player other than Markus?

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #329 on: February 12, 2020, 10:10:11 PM »
Can you find the time of the last shot attempt for an MU player other than Markus?

Koby at :48?

Edit: he got fouled so not an official attempt. But for this exercise Ill count it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2020, 10:10:55 PM »

Was that pretty easy or what?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #331 on: February 12, 2020, 10:11:48 PM »
None of that excuses wishing an incurable disease on someone.

Nope it doesn’t, then I looked at his post history. This guy shouldn’t get to enjoy things like Marquette Basketball.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #332 on: February 12, 2020, 10:12:43 PM »
I think when you are facing a team that isn’t the best in the conference at FTs, you consider it more.

If they foul and he makes his FTs we get mad he fouled (and I get mad MU likely doesn’t cover)

Yes. That’s a valid point. On the flip side it is a fairly large gamble to assume you will get a stop and secure rebound in that situation. IF* Nova converted on that possession we would have been down 5 or 6 with 9 seconds left. Game over at that point too. And they executed the fouls down three perfectly.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #333 on: February 12, 2020, 10:16:32 PM »
Yes. That’s a valid point. On the flip side it is a fairly large gamble to assume you will get a stop and secure rebound in that situation. IF* Nova converted on that possession we would have been down 5 or 6 with 9 seconds left. Game over at that point too. And they executed the fouls down three perfectly.

And this is where I believe we both have valid points...but I believe one of us says Wojo should be fired while the other is ok with what happened.  Not sure though, we were on a winning streak.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #334 on: February 12, 2020, 10:17:57 PM »
Hey looks like the whole fouling up 3 really does work wojo!

Of course you would return.

Also, that is a very outdated narrative. There’s been two or three games since then when Wojo has fouled up three.

Next are you going to make a sarcastic comment about Lazar stepping on the line while inbounding the ball against Missouri in the 2009 NCAA Tournament?

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2020, 10:18:16 PM »
Press and foul every time in that situation.  Need to extend the game.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #336 on: February 12, 2020, 10:18:21 PM »

Edit: he got fouled so not an official attempt. But for this exercise Ill count it.

Right. Markus did pass him the ball on that possession and he got fouled. Missed front end. That was the Poseidon after Markus had chance for And 1 and missed FT.

It’s not super clutch for an 86% FT shooter to miss two key FTs down the stretch - even if he did score our last 11 points (he also took all of our shots down the stretch too outside of Koby’s FT)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #337 on: February 12, 2020, 10:19:06 PM »
Grade school kids know that rule. That's on MH.

He tried to hit the rim u fool he missed it. Should have used normal form n just shot it harder.  Not ez to do.  He knows the rule tho u moron
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #338 on: February 12, 2020, 10:21:52 PM »
And this is where I believe we both have valid points...but I believe one of us says Wojo should be fired while the other is ok with what happened.  Not sure though, we were on a winning streak.

Fair enough. I felt Wojo should have been fired after Year 2. He’s won me over some this year. However, he is a “C” game coach, and A- in other areas such as recruiting, representatives of U, charisma with alum.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #339 on: February 12, 2020, 10:21:58 PM »
Regardless if he knew the rule or not, Markus is just not a clutch player at the end of games. For all the points he has scored, just not dependable.

decent effort by the team to make it a good game. expected to lose and we did, take care of business at home vs Creighton

U dont think the 11 straight he scored inbthe last two minutes were clutch?  Yr a loser plz root for another team plz

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2020, 10:23:51 PM »

If it was a 2 pt game, do you foul? If not why is the difference, both are one possession games. Why give them a free, uncontested shot.

If I was Markus, launch from half court if you know they were going to foul. New strategy to beat the foul up 3 strategy.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2020, 10:24:07 PM »
Yeah, you could see the look on his face

If he thought it didnt need to hit the rim u think he would have gone for the ball or acted disappointed?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2020, 10:25:46 PM »
If he thought it didnt need to hit the rim u think he would have gone for the ball or acted disappointed?

He acted like a cancer! Ridiculous! Al would’ve bare knuckled him before they got to the tunnel!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2020, 10:26:17 PM »
Fair enough. I felt Wojo should have been fired after Year 2. He’s won me over some this year. However, he is a “C” game coach, and A- in other areas such as recruiting, representatives of U, charisma with alum.

After year two?!?!?!?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2020, 10:26:21 PM »
Boy anything out of Bailey tonight and  we win

Bailey disappears, love the kid n he oozes with ability.  If he competed like jamal hed be all conference

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2020, 10:27:04 PM »
He tried to hit the rim u fool he missed it. Should have used normal form n just shot it harder.  Not ez to do.  He knows the rule tho u moron

Read my follow up posts, lazy troglodyte.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2020, 10:27:29 PM »
He acted like a cancer! Ridiculous! Al would’ve bare knuckled him before they got to the tunnel!

With the mask on, I feel Markus wins that battle.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2020, 10:28:34 PM »

Foul the league's best FT shooting team with 40+ seconds to go in a one possession game?
That's remarkably dumb.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2020, 10:28:45 PM »
With the mask on, I feel Markus wins that battle.

Al seemed like a body shot guy, works the kidneys.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2020, 10:30:26 PM »
Bailey disappears, love the kid n he oozes with ability.  If he competed like jamal hed be all conference

Both those guys have potential but have way more dud games than good ones. They both need to take big leaps forward next year to have any chance at making any kind of all conference team.

feedback