Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by wadesworld
[Today at 04:36:45 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:18:45 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by PJDunn
[Today at 03:14:56 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:01:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by GOO
[Today at 02:58:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crean under pressure  (Read 3611 times)

tower912

• All American
Crean under pressure
« on: March 17, 2016, 09:39:01 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Crean under pressure
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 01:08:08 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25519892/this-week-could-be-win-or-go-home-for-indianas-tom-crean----no-really

Interesting, as I thought this year was one of his better coaching jobs.

The thing with Crean is not about his abilities as a coach. It is really about his deficiencies as a human being.

My wife was one of the most accepting persons (Chick: no comments, please) but even she said that Crean was a genuinely terrible person.

Death on call

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 08:08:26 PM »
Chicos is no doubt calling the IU board throwing around his considerable influence to take some heat off of the greatest coach to grace Indiana's sideline.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 08:36:10 PM »
Indiana looked poised, powerful, and perfunctory in their beatdown today. Credit to the coaching staff's preparation.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 09:01:14 PM »
Chicos is no doubt calling the IU board throwing around his considerable influence to take some heat off of the greatest coach to grace Indiana's sideline.

No need, they already fired Crean right after you posted that article here a few months ago saying it was over.  Lol

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »
He was named a finalist today for national coach of the year

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 11:59:37 PM »

What nation?

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 07:13:59 AM »
Pretty sure this is it, Crash, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »
"Indiana head coach Tom Crean was named a finalist for the Naismith Trophy, given annually to the country's best head coach. Villanova's Jay Wright, Xavier's Chris Mack and Kansas' Bill Self were also named as finalists when the list was announced Thursday."

Final Four as it were.

Looks like USA

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 11:40:58 AM »

I'd like to you challenge yourself to see if it is possible for you not to respond to a thread about Crean.  Are you actually incapable of doing so? 

I'm really not trying to be a d*ck here but it's like clockwork.   

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 11:43:28 AM »
I'd like to you challenge yourself to see if it is possible for you not to respond to a thread about Crean.  Are you actually incapable of doing so? 

Like catnip for a pu55y!

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 11:45:20 AM »
Trolling Chicos with a Crean post is like throwing a hand grenade into a pond of carp.  You'll be successful, but it isn't terribly satisfying. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 11:49:28 AM »
Trolling Chicos with a Crean post is like throwing a hand grenade into a pond of carp.  You'll be successful, but it isn't terribly satisfying.

And why exactly is it satisfying to still attack Crean?  Even what, like 8 years later.  I don't understand all the BS around him.  He wasn't perfect.  But he basically resurrected MU basketball.  He then left for a more prestigious job.  Freaking let it go. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 11:51:06 AM »

If you're going to challenge Chicos, you should also challenge keefe. The latter never provides a comment even tangentially related to Crean's coaching, rather, it's always an attack on him as a person. This is like clockwork and it gets more tired than anything else that happens repeatedly in this Scoop community.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 12:03:06 PM »
If you're going to challenge Chicos, you should also challenge keefe. The latter never provides a comment even tangentially related to Crean's coaching, rather, it's always an attack on him as a person. This is like clockwork and it gets more tired than anything else that happens repeatedly in this Scoop community.

Fair enough, but Keefe's Crean-related posts don't yet annoy me as I think Tom is a bit of a turd.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 12:05:56 PM »

I can provide you plenty that I didn't respond to at all, but that would be providing more facts here and that is frowned upon here at Scoop. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 12:06:46 PM »
Fair enough, but Keefe's Crean-related posts don't yet annoy me as I think Tom is a bit of a turd.

So there in lies your bias....

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 12:11:13 PM »

Keefe's wife has personally seen Crean's boorish personality and was not impressed.....to say the least.  He is on solid ground.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 12:13:30 PM »
Keefe's wife has personally seen Crean's boorish personality and was not impressed.....to say the least.  He is on solid ground.

Absolutely true.  Then there are people like Trey Schwab that have seen his behavior, and might see it differently.  Personal experiences are going to be different for everyone.  I've seen both sides of the man up close and personal in working for him.  People also mature over time, at least that is the hope.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 12:17:35 PM »
So there in lies your bias....

If there's a bias it is certainly unintended.  And for the record, I don't hate Crean - I respect what he did for the program. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 04:23:39 PM »

Because he is an awful person. A really putrid excuse for a human being, in fact.

I don't give a sh1t about Crean as a coach. All I need to know is that he is a disgusting excuse of a man.

Maybe you don't have first-hand experience with the guy but my wife did and she was repulsed by Crean. You might be willing to accept him as the coach of Marquette but I am ashamed that our donations helped pay that a55hole's salary.

Either way I don't give a sh1t what you think.

Death on call

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 08:42:36 PM »

I had first hand experiences with Crean. Travelled with the team twice a year for three successive seasons. Obviously know how he dealt with me and kept a close eye on how he dealt with others, whether in our travel party or outside of it. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016, 08:45:13 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 01:40:47 PM »
I had first hand experiences with Crean. Travelled with the team twice a year for three successive seasons. Obviously know how he dealt with me and kept a close eye on how he dealt with others, whether in our travel party or outside of it.

My wife was a part of the basketball program since Hank Raymonds was coach. She also worked around the world for MSFT which is a pond stocked with arrogant pricks. Tom Crean was the most miserable excuse of a human being she ever met. Not because he is an a55hole but that he is a mean-spririted petty little bully who mistreats people because he can and takes apparent pleasure in it.

How many decent persons ridicule underlings then smile about it?

I am glad the guy treated you well. But you are an outlier. I can confirm that Fr Wild had to talk to Crean about his arrogance and atrocious treatment of others more than once. There were many who did not want him representing a dignified Jesuit university.

I don't care about Tom Crean's abilities as a coach. My only concern is about his deficiencies as a human being.

Death on call

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 03:10:26 PM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25519892/this-week-could-be-win-or-go-home-for-indianas-tom-crean----no-really

Interesting, as I thought this year was one of his better coaching jobs.

Fantastic win for Crean and his program yesterday. Below average performance, lost two players to injury, adversity with foul trouble to key pieces Bryant and Williams and yet they overcame to beat a program quite familiar with recent NCAA success. North Carolina will likely be a hill too high to climb but Crean has eased the pressure already.

feedback