[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 146218 times)

GOO

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
Unfortunately, he doesn't speak often enough.  But I'm cool with that.

He chooses his spots to speak, which I appreciate.  Glad to hear the latest words of BD.
If he chooses to speak again, can he give us a time frame for a commitment, if there is one. 

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2014, 05:03:40 PM »
He chooses his spots to speak, which I appreciate.  Glad to hear the latest words of BD.
If he chooses to speak again, can he give us a time frame for a commitment, if there is one. 

Big Daddy is our Yoda.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:34 PM »
Meyer has been right 76% of the time for 2014 recruits and has hit 10 out of 11 so far in 2015.

Either he has sources or he is a really good "wild guesser".....

He also was the first guy to predict JJJ to MU when others thought he was staying closer to home....

Obviously he must have pretty good sources, and for the rest he must be a pretty good guesser.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2014, 06:42:26 PM »
Ds is a solid MU lean...LK commitment only helped.  If Buzz is here..DS will be a warrior. And I expect Buzz to be here.
Big Daddy speaking is like Frank THomas hitting. When it happens, people stop and take note of it.

Thanks BD.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2014, 02:16:36 PM »
Diamond and family are in da house for the Nova game. Papa Stone is sportin' pink. Hopefully we can be +8 or better for them this second half. Maybe guard the 3 point line could be a startin' point for that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »
Diamond and family are in da house for the Nova game. Papa Stone is sportin' pink. Hopefully we can be +8 or better for them this second half. Maybe guard the 3 point line could be a startin' point for that.

Glad Davante put on a show

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »
Ds is a solid MU lean...LK commitment only helped.  If Buzz is here..DS will be a warrior. And I expect Buzz to be here.

In before the lock!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2014, 09:56:21 PM »
24/7 indicates that Diamond is warm on four schools, Duke, Marquette, UCLA and Wisconsin.  What I like about the predictions is three of the last four have come from recruiting analysts that specialize in Duke recruiting, and Duke is one of the four schools....

The only North Carolina prediction came from a NC recruiting guy.  Back in early December.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2014, 10:31:24 AM »
Not questioning Big Daddy...just curious...

has he called other commits for MU before?

Love what I'm hearing, thanks for the info

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2014, 12:38:37 PM »
Big Daddy knows his stuff.  He's been spot on several times in the past.  I trust his info above everyone else on Scoop.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2014, 12:46:41 PM »
Big Daddy knows his stuff.  He's been spot on several times in the past.  I trust his info above everyone else on Scoop.

"BigDaddy"... seems a strange username for Buzz to choose for himself.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »
I always refuse to get optimistic about this sort of stuff but Duane's redshirt and the fact that watching him in warmups makes you think he could play leads me to hoping he just wanted to be with Diamond for 4 years. I really really hope this guy comes to MU. I am starting to get optimistic

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2014, 12:54:33 PM »
I always refuse to get optimistic about this sort of stuff but Duane's redshirt and the fact that watching him in warmups makes you think he could play leads me to hoping he just wanted to be with Diamond for 4 years. I really really hope this guy comes to MU. I am starting to get optimistic

Doubt Diamond would be here for more than 2 years in the first place, but even with the redshirt Duane would only get three years max if Stone came and exhausted his eligibility.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2014, 05:37:36 PM »
Sounds good. Hope it comes about.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2014, 06:19:01 PM »
Duane's redshirt had nothing to do with Stone. He was injured..missed a bunch of time. He wanted to play but knew he was so far behind that this would be a wasted year...... so he agreed to redshirt....I'm sure he wishes he could be out there but now will have 4 full years to play instead of wasting a half a year of playing spot minutes as a frosh....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »
Doubt Duane's redshirt has anything to do with Stone.

If you aren't sure about BigDaddy, just check his posting history. He doesn't post often, but when he does, he is right. Someone with definite insider information.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2014, 08:04:16 AM »
No offense to BD but in reviewing hie recent posts he has had a few things wrong. From Wilson being ready for UW game to the starting lineup for the season. He knows some stuff but not sure if he is my guru on here.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2014, 09:06:02 AM »
I'm on record with posting a few AAU conversations last summer where I had heard Diamond was looking forward to being "the man" at Domincan and getting out from Duane's shadow. I haven't heard much since, but it got me thinking that maybe with Dominican's embarrassing struggles against real competition this year, Diamond is missing Duane's talents far more than he ever imagined. The Germantown/Dominican game was so beyond brutal. Diamond had virtually no help at all and the beating never stopped. When he had Taylor and Wilson a few years back, they could compete with anyone. I'm hoping a reunion is in the cards.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2014, 09:10:09 AM »

If you aren't sure about BigDaddy, just check his posting history. He doesn't post often, but when he does, he is right. Someone with definite insider information.

I hope he is right, though I did check his posting history and he said Duane would be cleared to play by the Wisco game and probably play by IUPUI.

Also said Nunn was a solid MU lean.

Definitely has great info, but no one is right all the time.....though some of us are clearly ahead of our time.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:12:56 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2014, 09:11:52 AM »
No offense to BD but in reviewing hie recent posts he has had a few things wrong. From Wilson being ready for UW game to the starting lineup for the season. He knows some stuff but not sure if he is my guru on here.

There are a lot of people who know things who say that this recruitment is still way up in the air. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2014, 09:15:17 AM »

There are a lot of people who know things who say that this recruitment is still way up in the air. 

They're just talking about Stone's vertical.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2014, 09:17:04 AM »
Let's just say Looney commited to UCLA.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »
Let's just say Looney commited to UCLA.

Ha ha!!!  "Looney" "committed" and "UCLA" all in the same sentence.  That's comedy gold right there.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback