Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pull the Plug  (Read 10694 times)

CountryRoads

• All American
Re: Pull the Plug
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2020, 10:45:25 PM »
Exactly. They are two wins away from winning a share of the big 10 championship. Gard with what he has gone through with Howard Moore, Kobe king leaving and potter missing the first 10 games will win coach of the year.

I used to just hate the badgers but it’s hard not to respect what they’ve been able to accomplish not only this season but over the last 20 or so years. Every year it seems they get the team playing the best ball at this time of the year regardless of the players on the roster. I’ll obviously be hoping they lose in the tournament but it’s truly remarkable.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2020, 10:47:40 PM »
We might as well just embrace where this program is headed ( depaul north) and hire Wardle or another former mu player and at least keep in tbe family.   

( anybody know if Diener lives in wisco right now?????)

Out of all the dumb-ass things you've said on this board, this is the one to convince me you truly are not a MU fan.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2020, 10:48:32 PM »
I used to just hate the badgers but it’s hard not to respect what they’ve been able to accomplish not only this season but over the last 20 or so years. Every year it seems they get the team playing the best ball at this time of the year regardless of the players on the roster. I’ll obviously be hoping they lose in the tournament but it’s truly remarkable.

100 percent agree.   The coin seems to always flip in their favor come end of reg season.   Amazing what GG has done with that roster and the losses he sustained

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2020, 10:50:11 PM »
Out of all the dumb-ass things you've said on this board, this is the one to convince me you truly are not a MU fan.

You really think wardle or diener head coach would be a significant downgrade.  I bet a lot of alums would be ok with that hire ( who are we gonna get if wojo leaves!!???) promote another assistant?   

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2020, 10:50:24 PM »
A lot of people on these boards thought that the Badgers would be terrible this year with losing Happ because there whole offense ran through him. Maybe that's the same issue with Markus this year. Maybe the one dimensional ball just doesn't work.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2020, 10:52:25 PM »
A lot of people on these boards thought that the Badgers would be terrible this year with losing Happ because there whole offense ran through him. Maybe that's the same issue with Markus this year. Maybe the one dimensional ball just doesn't work.

The badgers ( as boring as they are to watch) actually run set plays and defensive schemes that change based on the flow of the game) with wojo you dont have that discipline

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2020, 10:55:19 PM »
I can’t wait to hear the Chico narrative.
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2020, 10:55:55 PM »
How do you feel about losing all of our recruits and being utter trash the next couple years? Just hoping we grab someone significantly better that wants to stick around.? It just sucks either way I guess. Not confident with wojo or without him rn

Yes.  We would hire another assistant coach who will take 5 years to build a competitive team.   We want that? 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2020, 11:01:28 PM »
I think you highlight 99% of the projos reason why they want him to stick around...not because they think he's that great of a Coach, but because they are DEATHLY afraid of losing a recruiting class and starting over. To me, just to save a recruiting class is a terrible reason to keep a Coach if you don't think he's the right guy. And second, I have said this numerous times before, losing the recruiting class is not 100% guaranteed. I really believe if you bring in the right guy, they could stay..at least some of them.
Agreed. The ProJo's love to play 'chicken little' and proclaim the departure of Wojo will kill this program. And don't forget, if MU gives Wojo time, the stability of the program will magically make him a better coach and MU a better program.

MU is bigger than Wojo. MU is a great university with smart people incharge. MU gives its coaches everything they need to be successful and MU has great fans that support the team in numbers only 10-15 schools surpass.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2020, 11:06:48 PM »
Yes.  We would hire another assistant coach who will take 5 years to build a competitive team.   We want that?
EXACTLY! It took at least 5 years to build a competitive team when we hired former assistant coaches like O'Neil, Crean & Buzz.......... oh wait, it took them far less than 5 years. Even Wojo had us competitive in less than 5 years.

Might want to rethink your position.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2020, 11:11:59 PM »
Should we hope for

1) Wojo craps our the next 2 games (as expected now) and the ncaa rightfully snubs a team with a losing conference record and finishing 1-7’on the season and mu fires him

2) Wojo goes on a run in BE tourney or makes and wins a game in the tourney so he is attractive to a bottom feeder P5 team to hire

Sadly I think it is 2 and it won’t happen.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2020, 11:16:30 PM »
Screw it I'm gonna go down with the ship. I'll be rooting for em in the bet and nccas

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2020, 11:19:02 PM »
Screw it I'm gonna go down with the ship. I'll be rooting for em in the bet and nccas

I'll be rooting for them, but it certainly looks like they are done.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2020, 11:51:05 PM »
I can’t wait to hear the Chico narrative.

I can wait.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2020, 08:10:46 AM »

The one dimensional ball will continue next year.  Its just the player that will change.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2020, 08:18:18 AM »

The one dimensional ball will continue next year.  Its just the player that will change.

Yea, when Markus was out against Xavier, Koby slid into that role. Thankfully he was having success getting to the basket.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2020, 08:22:56 AM »
Yea, when Markus was out against Xavier, Koby slid into that role. Thankfully he was having success getting to the basket.

To some extent, yes.  But Markus has the brutal combination of never having been able to see the court well and read a defense early enough to get a step ahead of it as well as being way too small to make a pass out of a solid double team when it comes.  Markus head down dribbles and winds up in spots on the court where a guy his size just isn't going to get out of it, and the best case scenario is a pass batted out of bounds by a defender.

The ball movement was much better when Rowsey was here and the one initiating the offense.  His court vision was infinitely better than Markus's is, and thus Rowsey could see plays developing far earlier than Markus does.  Rowsey manipulated defenses.  Markus gets manipulated by defenses.

If Dawson is given the "ultimate green light" next year, at least he will have the size to make a pass out of a committed double team and there will still be hope that the offensive possession ends well.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2020, 08:23:06 AM »
I'll always root for MU in every game -- But losing the next 3 games would be best for our long term future.  #Arbys

MU has zero chance in the BET .. 100% of the top half teams would beat MU, so that leaves winning a game against a bottom-dweller as the only possible bright spot.  Yay.

As for the NCAAs, who knows.   Get the right draw, maybe win a game.  The real brain-buster is if MU got to the S16.   Then we've got a coach we need to remove who just got us to the end-goal.

So much Arbys.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2020, 08:47:31 AM »
Can somebody please explain the Arby's reference,  i never noticed the origin on this forum and it has achieved legendary status. 

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2020, 08:51:04 AM »
I'll always root for MU in every game -- But losing the next 3 games would be best for our long term future.  #Arbys

MU has zero chance in the BET .. 100% of the top half teams would beat MU, so that leaves winning a game against a bottom-dweller as the only possible bright spot.  Yay.

As for the NCAAs, who knows.   Get the right draw, maybe win a game.  The real brain-buster is if MU got to the S16.   Then we've got a coach we need to remove who just got us to the end-goal.

So much Arbys.

Kind of reminds me of when Cuonzo went on that run at Tennessee while they wanted to fire him and he almost came to MU. Looks like they were right.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2020, 08:56:10 AM »

Either

1) Hank 2.0

or, if Mane comes

2) Hausergate 2.0, as top players quarrel over who was promised the mayorship of Emerald City.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2020, 08:57:28 AM »
Can somebody please explain the Arby's reference,  i never noticed the origin on this forum and it has achieved legendary status.

The Arby's Nihilist account can be found on twitter.

You'll be dead eventually.  Eat Arby's.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2020, 08:58:49 AM »
To some extent, yes.  But Markus has the brutal combination of never having been able to see the court well and read a defense early enough to get a step ahead of it as well as being way too small to make a pass out of a solid double team when it comes.  Markus head down dribbles and winds up in spots on the court where a guy his size just isn't going to get out of it, and the best case scenario is a pass batted out of bounds by a defender.

The ball movement was much better when Rowsey was here and the one initiating the offense.  His court vision was infinitely better than Markus's is, and thus Rowsey could see plays developing far earlier than Markus does.  Rowsey manipulated defenses.  Markus gets manipulated by defenses.

If Dawson is given the "ultimate green light" next year, at least he will have the size to make a pass out of a committed double team and there will still be hope that the offensive possession ends well.
Let’s gaslight the best pure scorer in MU history instead of holding the coach accountable for not translating that into team success.  Unbelievable argument shift, Manes. Kudos.

monkeyman34

• Starter
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2020, 09:03:51 AM »

This sums up the past 4 seasons perfectly.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2020, 09:07:20 AM »
Let’s gaslight the best pure scorer in MU history instead of holding the coach accountable for not translating that into team success.  Unbelievable argument shift, Manes. Kudos.

I mean he's not wrong from a basketball standpoint. But it's the coaches fault for letting him continue to do it