'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pull the Plug  (Read 10696 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: Pull the Plug
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2020, 09:50:53 PM »

One can lose to a basement dweller, but not when their best player, a possible first round draft choice who averages a double-double and three blocks a game, does not play.
Yeah, that makes it even worse

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »
Yep just done. Get rid of this vapid boring coach.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2020, 09:51:50 PM »
I am gonna be soooooo bummed when Wojo takes Wake Forest to 3 consecutive Elite Eights.
Ha! So sad that you don't even have to use teal because the sarcasm so obvious now with jabs like this. Uhg!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2020, 09:52:01 PM »
I’m a diehard fan who is very invested in this team and has been through the ups and the downs. I’ve never been a staunch NoJo and defend this team a lot.

That being said, I’m gonna be in NY next week during the BET and planned to see them play. I told my GF to not bother looking at tickets. That’s the Wojo effect right there and I’m confident I’m far from alone

I had a work meeting lined up for Thursday morning in Newark next week (company canceled the trip due to Coronavirus) and had thought about going to the Garden for MU’s Thursday game.

First time in forever, completely indifferent that I’m missing the tournament. Actually, I’m kinda glad my company took the decision out of my hands. I never imagined being this indifferent, but that’s where I’m at now.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2020, 09:53:01 PM »
Wojo's gone - 100%.  The BOT's won't have to do a thing (what a relief for them).  Wojo knows he has failed, and will leave town on the first thing smoking.  Most of us wanted Wojo to succeed, but he just doesn't have what it takes.

Unfortunately, the next 2 recruiting classes will never materialize, and we are back at square one.    Sad day.

That eloquently summarizes the state of affairs.  Sigh. 

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »
The worst of it all is once again the badgers pull wins out of their ass with literally nothing talent wise.  Got to hand it to the rodents they literally seem to turn goat piss into gasoline every year!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2020, 09:54:40 PM »
John Beilein.

Tanned. Rested. Ready.

Death on call

muguru

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2020, 09:54:57 PM »
I'm waiting for TAMU to come by and say his standard "you don't fire a coach coming off an NCAA appearance".
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2020, 10:02:21 PM »
Yea. But the trajectory is good. Maybe Cheeks can draw us some graphs to illustrate?

Two time All American and all-time leading scorer in program history...and we lose to 2-14 DePaul, missing their best player. Facepalm.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2020, 10:11:02 PM »
So what desperate P5 teams are out there that would want Wojo?

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2020, 10:12:29 PM »
Yea. But the trajectory is good. Maybe Cheeks can draw us some graphs to illustrate?

Two time All American and all-time leading scorer in program history...and we lose to 2-14 DePaul, missing their best player. Facepalm.

If you turn the graph upside down, the trajectory looks great!
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2020, 10:13:24 PM »
Belien is 67 years old. Made how much with the cavs? He is not coming to rebuild Marquette basketball

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2020, 10:15:07 PM »
So what desperate P5 teams are out there that would want Wojo?
I can't think of any but I think he would/will have a hard time landing in the AAC or A10 also. You've got to admit he is a very classy man that runs a clean program with high character young men, so that might count for something.  Possibly the Ivy League?

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2020, 10:23:18 PM »
Wish list:Doc Rivers(not happening),Rick Pitino(not happening),John Beilein,Steve Forbes,TJ Otzelberger, Bobby Hurley and Kelvin Sampson.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2020, 10:24:13 PM »
Part of me wonders though if this really isn't it for Wojo, that he will leave on his own accord. Something tells me for better or for worse he tied his tenure at MU to Markus, and depending on how that turned out, is what would make him decide to stay or not. Well, we know how it's turned out..so I wonder if he doesn't leave because markus will be gone anyway.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2020, 10:24:56 PM »
Wish list:Doc Rivers(not happening),Rick Pitino(not happening),John Beilein,Steve Forbes,TJ Otzelberger, Bobby Hurley and Kelvin Sampson.

Let’s pass on Kelvin Sampson. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM »
Belien is 67 years old. Made how much with the cavs? He is not coming to rebuild Marquette basketball

Very Catholic guy who’s coached at two Jesuit schools already.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

muguru

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2020, 10:26:32 PM »
Wonder how restless some of the top donors are right now and if they will approach Scholl and Lovell and offer to pay a buy out??

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:07 PM »
Wonder how restless some of the top donors are right now and if they will approach Scholl and Lovell and offer to pay a buy out??
How do you feel about losing all of our recruits and being utter trash the next couple years? Just hoping we grab someone significantly better that wants to stick around.? It just sucks either way I guess. Not confident with wojo or without him rn

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:37 PM »
How do you feel about losing all of our recruits and being utter trash the next couple years? Just hoping we grab someone significantly better that wants to stick around.? It just sucks either way I guess. Not confident with wojo or without him rn
I was asked this question two years ago and said better sooner than later.  I'd prefer not to watch 7th place Big East for two more years and answer the question again.  Cut bait.

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2020, 10:37:14 PM »
The worst of it all is once again the badgers pull wins out of their ass with literally nothing talent wise.  Got to hand it to the rodents they literally seem to turn goat piss into gasoline every year!
It's called good coaching

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2020, 10:38:27 PM »

I've said this before, but the best thing about Wojo has always been next year. With that never really materializing, at some point you have to cut bait. Hanging on to a coach that you know isn't the right guy long-term just to avoid some short-term pains isn't a sustainable plan.

On the other hand, if MU is happy being a middle of the road BE team most years, then Wojo might end up being what we get. It could be worse, but we all know it could be (and has been) better too.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2020, 10:39:49 PM »
It's called good coaching

Exactly. They are two wins away from winning a share of the big 10 championship. Gard with what he has gone through with Howard Moore, Kobe king leaving and potter missing the first 10 games will win coach of the year.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2020, 10:40:49 PM »

I think you highlight 99% of the projos reason why they want him to stick around...not because they think he's that great of a Coach, but because they are DEATHLY afraid of losing a recruiting class and starting over. To me, just to save a recruiting class is a terrible reason to keep a Coach if you don't think he's the right guy. And second, I have said this numerous times before, losing the recruiting class is not 100% guaranteed. I really believe if you bring in the right guy, they could stay..at least some of them.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2020, 10:43:22 PM »
We might as well just embrace where this program is headed ( depaul north) and hire Wardle or another former mu player and at least keep in tbe family.   

( anybody know if Diener lives in wisco right now?????)

feedback