'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mr.Basketball in Wisconsin  (Read 11637 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
Mr.Basketball in Wisconsin
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:47:13 AM »
I guess all the voters will have to vote for Tyler Herro now that Hauser is hurt.That will be interesting since he decommitted from Wisconsin.We will see how fixed this system is if does not win.Has to be killing the voters to have to vote for him.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Mr.Basketball in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:53:29 AM »
Is there any random talent going to a mid major school that lights up the numbers in a lower division?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
Tyrese Halliburton of Oshkosh North might be a possibility.  North has got to be the new favorite in D-1.

Carlos Curtis perhaps.    And hey, Joey did have 35 in his one game played.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:01:44 AM »
I guess all the voters will have to vote for Tyler Herro now that Hauser is hurt.That will be interesting since he decommitted from Wisconsin.We will see how fixed this system is if does not win.Has to be killing the voters to have to vote for him.

Case in point...  TJ Bray over Vander Blue.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 10:18:29 AM »
Carlos is a one-man show on a mediocre team. Scores a ton, but they will be .500.

Halliburton probably won't even be the leading scorer on his team. Quincy Anderson is a volume shooter for North. Their road to state title got easier with Joey out, but they still have Kimberly to contend with.

I would say Herro is a shoe-in with McCabe right there.

Herro is not on a good team, but he has the stats. Whitnall could get to state but I don't see any possible way they beat MKE Washington if they are healthy and eligible. MKE Washington is not coached well (had their senior center, who can't shoot well, shooting a 3 while they were up 4 with a minute left against Brook Central) but they have studs with length. I would say the guy actually playing the best ball of this season is Deontay Long from Washington. He got in some legal trouble this summer, but looks like it scared him straight -- down 20 lbs, all muscle and elevating).

Another dude playing at a very high level is Jay Gentry of Brown Deer. Undersized small forward/guard - thick but not tall.

McCabe is on a good team and he is playing well, so he has a good shot too. John Deiner is good but the definition of ball hog  (one game, Cedarburg had only two guys score in the entire game.)

Grant Basile of Pewaukee had 49 this year, but he -- just like most mentioned here -- will lose the PR battle to Herro and McCabe.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:20:15 AM by Freeport Warrior »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 10:19:47 AM »
I know he's like 20 at this point but I think Jordan McCabe is still eligible for the award. What about Diener over at Cedarburg?

Honestly, if Herro doesn't get it (assuming no injuries or huge drop in performance) than it was probably politics.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 01:14:55 PM »
Herro's team is terrible its all him

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
Herro's team is terrible its all him
Based on all accounts of him, I'm sure he hates that.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 01:42:36 PM »
I know he's like 20 at this point but I think Jordan McCabe is still eligible for the award. What about Diener over at Cedarburg?

Honestly, if Herro doesn't get it (assuming no injuries or huge drop in performance) than it was probably politics.

How does the greatest player in Wisconsin hoops history not win it on talent alone?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »
How does the greatest player in Wisconsin hoops history not win it on talent alone?

Did Wisconsin even have a Mr. Basketball award before this year? I have been told that Wisconsin High School basketball wasn't even on the map until Mr. Herro put it there.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUdmb

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 03:40:24 PM »

I can assure you there is very little if any bias as to where a player is going to college in the voting.  There is a heavy emphasis on production at the high school level, how much an individual elevates his team, and very little consideration for future potential on the college level.

And yes there are fans of Marquette basketball on the committee as well.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
Did Wisconsin even have a Mr. Basketball award before this year? I have been told that Wisconsin High School basketball wasn't even on the map until Mr. Herro put it there.

#TheCartographer
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 12:19:25 PM »

There has been a Mr. Wisconsin award in the past, but once Herro is unanimously selected as this year's recipient, the consensus is that the award will be retired, as none of the future candidates will be able to live up to the seer awesomeness of the 2018 winner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 12:33:15 PM »
There has been a Mr. Wisconsin award in the past, but once Herro is unanimously selected as this year's recipient, the consensus is that the award will be retired, as none of the future candidates will be able to live up to the seer awesomeness of the 2018 winner.

I thought they were just going to name it after him.  The Herro Award.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »
I thought they were just going to name it after him.  The Herro Award.
Clearly, this is it.  Like the Lombardi Trophy.

The important thing to remember though is that we should be hearing from Cheesy/Tommy on the state of Wisconsin's MR. Basketball in 3, 2, 1.......
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 05:58:45 PM »
McCabe is the winner.Just what I thought.I see the bias is still alive in the State of Wisconsin.Poor University of Wisconsin. Herro decommitted so we will show him.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 06:18:43 PM »

The periodic Tyler Herro posts here have been hilarious. One of my favorite topics over the past year. Like a Chuck Norris joke:

"Tyler Herro isn't part of a rotation. The team rotates around him."
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

fjm

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 06:23:49 PM »
Literally.
Don't.
Care.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 08:41:01 PM »
Jalen Johnson is playing with Sun Prairie against Brookfield East right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »
McCabe is the winner.Just what I thought.I see the bias is still alive in the State of Wisconsin.Poor University of Wisconsin. Herro decommitted so we will show him.

Did Herro have a better season than McCabe?

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 09:13:01 PM »
Herro put up big numbers;   32.9 pts, 7.4 reb, 3.6 ast, 3.3 stls, .7 blk

McCabe was at 26.6 pts

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 10:40:56 PM »
Brookfield East beat Sun Prairie on a last second 2 in OT. Johnson is AWESOME.  Great handle, sees the floor well, has a nice fade away jumper.  SP's coaching left a lot to be desired...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2018, 10:45:11 PM »
Brookfield East beat Sun Prairie on a last second 2 in OT. Johnson is AWESOME.  Great handle, sees the floor well, has a nice fade away jumper.  SP's coaching left a lot to be desired...

Tbh he only looked okay to me.  Flat shot, he's bigger and stronger than everyone, but he deferred a lot.  I know they were doubling him, but I wasn't overly impressed.

Marquette2022

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 08:33:22 AM »
Herro is a better all around player. McCabe has better handles. Both very talented players. IMO, Herro has the best shot at the NBA. Could be a sg or a bigger pg.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 09:16:27 AM »
#TheCartographer

Like Galileo before him where the powers labelled him a heretic for proclaiming the world is not flat, so to it in this case with the Grand Mapmaker of Wisconsin hoops.  Mayor McCheese must be stewing somewhere in despaired basement exile, ready to pounce again and proclaim The Cartographer was again wronged.

feedback