'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz Williams- Media darling & master MU promoter  (Read 7111 times)

TomW1365

• Team Captain
Buzz Williams- Media darling & master MU promoter
« on: March 22, 2013, 11:06:47 AM »
While listening to Buzz Williams on ESPN's Mike & Mike in the morning, I couldn't help but thinking of how great it is to have Marquette being promoted on a regular basis on National media outlets.  Obviously our recent success over the past 10 years has risen people's awareness of our program, but the national media sure seem to have Buzz as a guest on a regular basis.  He also seems to have a nice relationship (and very complimentary) with some of the guys on the national media stage (with many being former coaches).  

Does he have the same relationship (or tone) w/ Milwaukee/Wisconsin's guys?  I realize local guys might have more of an obligation to be neutral on their game by game reporting vs a national guy on an entertainment outlet who can kiss ass a little.    For as much as Michael Hunt has kept up with the team this year, I haven't heard or seen anything outside of print.  If Mike is reading this, we like a little of the "color" in reporting.  Buzz has many down to earth moments in these interviews and would love to see a little more of that on the local stage. 

Is it likely that Buzz will be one of the analysts in the CBS post game analysis if we are ousted prior to the final 4?  If I remember correctly, he did a great job last year.

After watching the youtube video of Buzz's post game speech, I'd like to hear a little banter between one of the guys in the media that can poke a little fun at Buzz.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmbUkJ_3BlY
There has got to be a story behind that tattoo... It's Mickey Mouse dribbling a basketball.  What the?!?!?  
How do we get that question to Buzz?
 Which media person would he tell the truth to about it?  
Seems to me that has some good report with Seth Greenberg, Jim Rome, Jay Bilas.  Maybe we can get one of those guys to ask in the next interview.  

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:13:30 AM by TomW1365 »

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Re: Buzz Williams- Media darling & master MU promoter
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
It's Mickey Mouse dribbling a basketball.  What the?!?!?
Holy crap you're right
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
And to think he doesn't brown nose and name drop for all this attention.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
Crean's Harbaugh Family Photo tramp stamp was a bit more unsettling

(400th post)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:41:49 AM by sixstrings03 »
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 11:47:42 AM »
(400th post)

I'll never forget where I was sitting...
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 12:00:25 PM »
One thing that comes through is that the media folks genuinely like Buzz. Bilas' respect for Buzz the coach and affection for Buzz the man was obvious in his comments this morning. Unlike other coaches, whose bizarre behavior and contrived antics put themselves and their schools in the harsh glare of an unforgiving national spotlight, Buzz' affable manner and sincere nature underscore both his humility and his character. Refreshing.

Death on call

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 12:10:04 PM »
One thing that comes through is that the media folks genuinely like Buzz. Bilas' respect for Buzz the coach and affection for Buzz the man was obvious in his comments this morning. Unlike other coaches, whose bizarre behavior and contrived antics put themselves and their schools in the harsh glare of an unforgiving national spotlight, Buzz' affable manner and sincere nature underscore both his humility and his character. Refreshing.
+1

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »
Buzz is a very interesting, quotable guy. But he never comes off as an oily, self promoter. He's seems very real and authentic.

Once again, very glad he's at MU. That's why I harbor no animosity towards Crean. A) he brought Buzz to MU....and B) his leaving for IU opened the door for Buzz to become the head coach.

As an MU alum and fan, I couldn't be happier.

feedback