[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Obama bracket  (Read 7149 times)

LAMUfan

• All American

robertoc

• Scholarship Player
Re: Obama bracket
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:30:48 AM »
Nice.  I have many of the same pics.  I optimistically have us beating Davidson and Butler as well. Agree with the Pres though, if we get to Miami will be a tough match up for us...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:34:26 AM »
Not sure how that's love...he just picked chalk for us. That's expected though, all of his brackets have been chalky. Only two seeds lower than a 10 reaching the second round. I think him putting Florida into the Final Four might be the lowest seed he's ever picked that far.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:59 AM »
Boehner has us getting bounced out by Davidson...

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:38:33 AM »
Do you think there is somebody coaching him before he goes out there to fill out the bracket, making sure he doesn't pick against any swing states, or is that just overthinking it?
When they interviewed Clinton at the BEast tourney, he seemed to have a pretty good knowledge of what was going on and what teams to watch out for, but what else is he going to do with his time now?

LON

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
Do you think there is somebody coaching him before he goes out there to fill out the bracket, making sure he doesn't pick against any swing states, or is that just overthinking it?
When they interviewed Clinton at the BEast tourney, he seemed to have a pretty good knowledge of what was going on and what teams to watch out for, but what else is he going to do with his time now?

Is he running for a 3rd term?

I think you're over-thinking it.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 09:43:40 AM »

I'm sure he has someone coaching him at least a bit.  I just doubt he has the time to follow the college basketball season.

I think Clinton has a better idea due to:

1) He is not currently president and I know he is probably quite busy as well, but should have some more time on his hands

2) He is a G'Town alum and I'm assuming he then pays more attention to college bball.  I feel as though those who did not attend a school where the bball program is a big deal are much more likely to not follow the sport as much.

Bieberhole69

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 09:47:12 AM »
YES WE CAN!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 09:49:23 AM »

There's definitely somebody coaching him. I just don't think it's anything political. I remember a few years ago he mentioned picking against MU because of Dominic James' injury. He was obviously fed that info prior to meeting with Katz. He's a sports fan but I can't imagine the leader of the free world had been following Marquette close enough to know that their PG was injured.

boyonthedock

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »
Oh unnatural carnal knowledge we have the same final four. I got Louisville over florida, though.

Mike Deane

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 10:04:46 AM »
There's definitely somebody coaching him. I just don't think it's anything political. I remember a few years ago he mentioned picking against MU because of Dominic James' injury. He was obviously fed that info prior to meeting with Katz. He's a sports fan but I can't imagine the leader of the free world had been following Marquette close enough to know that their PG was injured.

Agreed!  He probably learned from his "answers" to the question "who are your favorite White Sox players?"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »
Well, at least he's spendin' time screwin' around with brackets instead of screwin' the country.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 10:35:15 AM »
Every year I hate this thread.

A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »

Well you must hate America and support [political party] that also hates America!  I [served/worked for/think about] this country and as my right as an American, I will defend my rights against you [commies/facists/reaganite] by any means necessary, because I think that [opposing view] doesn't understand what this nation needs, which is [completely uninformed rhetoric that ignores details and uses catchphrases to make me feel smart and safe]!

Ok.  Now that I got that out of the way, can we please lock the thread?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:46:42 AM by JakeBarnes »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

cj111

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 11:43:01 AM »
+1 thank you

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »

Heh...I bet you do.   ;)

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »
Well, at least he's spendin' time screwin' around with brackets instead of screwin' the country.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »
Obama watches sportscenter every morning while he works out. Says it's his only "me" time. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew plenty about college ball.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »
I'm sure he has someone coaching him at least a bit.  I just doubt he has the time to follow the college basketball season.

You're telling me Obama isn't a UW troll on scoop as we speak?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 12:46:12 PM »
Nice.  I have many of the same pics.  I optimistically have us beating Davidson and Butler as well. Agree with the Pres though, if we get to Miami will be a tough match up for us...

If you picked all the higher seeds up and down the line, it has outperformed Obama since he started this.

In the 3rd round, he has 27 of the 32 teams as the higher seed.  In the Sweet 16, he only has #5 UW advancing over a higher seed.  E8, F4 are accoding to the seeds.  The only other "upset" is IU beating the higher seed Louisville in the final game.  He defintely has a B1G bias.

So 90+% of his picks are the higher seed.  I'll bet that is year his 10% of upset will make his bracket worse than picking all the higher seeds.

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »

Love this

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
Love this
yeah...good thing i pulled my cash out of the market when he won a 2nd term.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:34:35 PM by avid1010 »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 02:42:40 PM »
Surprised no one mentioned that Obama is an obvious Crean lover.  Picked Indiana to win.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback