* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette vs Badgers in the NBA (players only)  (Read 7104 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Marquette vs Badgers in the NBA (players only)
« on: July 18, 2012, 05:06:36 PM »
With Leuer's waiver today and assuming he doesn't get signed this year, the count currently stands at:

Marquette  -  6
Dwyane Wade
Steve Novak
Wesley Matthews
Lazar Hayward
Jimmy Butler
Jae Crowder - signed with DAL
*Darius Johnson-Odom (drafted, has not signed a guaranteed contract)
^Dwight Buycks - signed with Gravelines-Dunkerque (France)

Wisconsin  -  3
Devin Harris
Greg Stiemsma - signed with MN
Jon Leuer - signed with Cleveland
^Jordan Taylor - signed with Virtus Roma (Italy)
^Brian Butch (NBADL; Summer League)
^Marcus Landry (FA; Summer League)
^Kammron Taylor - signed with Riesen Ludwigsburg (Germany)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:26:35 AM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

GGGG

• All American
Re: Marquette vs Badgers in the NBA (players only)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »
Stiemsma signed with the Timberwolves I believe.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:15:21 PM »
Stiemsma signed with the Timberwolves I believe.

I thought so too, but he still hasn't been tendered a contract to sign.
SS Marquette

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 05:28:17 PM »
very nice.  Are their any Badgers besides Jordan Taylor with summer league teams do you know?  Buycks would be a surprise to stick, but I would say he has a better chance than Taylor with the Hawks, as he has averaged shooting much better (3.8 of 7 vs. 2 of 7 per game) but Taylor has had more assists as expected, but also a lot more rebounds, which surprises me.

Rnk   PLAYER NAME         Gm   Lg   Min   Pts   fgm   fga   Reb   Ast   Stl   Blk   Eff
180   Dwight Buycks (OKC)   5   Orl   13.8   8.6   3.8   7   0.4   1.6   0.6   0.2   8.2
275   Jordan Taylor (ATL)   3   LV   16.7   4.7   2   7   2   2.7   0.3   0   4.7
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »
I believe I saw on Twitter that Marcus Landry was in summer league.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 07:53:04 PM »
I thought Butch was also in the summer league.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »
Looking at the stat line for the Bulls summer league game I thought I saw Butch on Atlanta's summer league team.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:31:54 PM by damuts222 »
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »
Looking at the stat line for the Bulls summer league game I thought I saw Butch on Atlanta's summer league team.

Butch left the Hawks for the Bucks and is currently playing for them. Not many minutes though.
SS Marquette

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »
if you can't make the Bucks you don't belong in the NBA.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 09:40:14 PM »
if you can't make the Bucks you don't belong in the NBA.

Sad but true.

Unfortunately, that also applies to DJ. :/
SS Marquette

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 05:50:50 PM »
I think JL would've resigned with the Bucks as their last man, but can't for a year due to CBA rules. He was only cut because he contract was NG'd and the Rockets had toooooooo many PFs. It's only been a day or two, so I wouldn't count him out of the league, yet.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »
Leuer should be in the NBA. He was better than expected in Milwaukee, seems like someone should have some room for him. I love the Marquette v UW count, but as much as I hated him as a Badger, he seems a decent kid that I'd like to succeed, unlike Jordan Taylor (who still ain't $#!+).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
add Kammron Taylor he's playing summer league on Minnesota. Him and Alando Tucker used to be a lethal combo.

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »
Leuer should be in the NBA. He was better than expected in Milwaukee, seems like someone should have some room for him. I love the Marquette v UW count, but as much as I hated him as a Badger, he seems a decent kid that I'd like to succeed, unlike Jordan Taylor (who still ain't $#!+).

He was the second worst player on the team behind brockman... I love the bucks and follow them very closely, that being said when you're the second worse players on the bucks you're going to have a tough time finding a place in the league.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 09:43:58 PM »
Seemed like he contributed more than expected and was actually a decent bench player. I admit I don't watch much NBA at all, but I saw him a couple times and thought he was decent. But if you're an avid Bucks fan, I'd guess what I saw were probably the few high points. Admittedly being a bench player on a bad team isn't exactly a rousing endorsement of future success.

But of all the Badgers, him and Nankivil are the two I hate the least. Wouldn't begrudge him success the way I would  a classless guy like Taylor or someone else I have zero respect for.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 11:17:08 PM »
Seemed like he contributed more than expected and was actually a decent bench player. I admit I don't watch much NBA at all, but I saw him a couple times and thought he was decent. But if you're an avid Bucks fan, I'd guess what I saw were probably the few high points. Admittedly being a bench player on a bad team isn't exactly a rousing endorsement of future success.

But of all the Badgers, him and Nankivil are the two I hate the least. Wouldn't begrudge him success the way I would  a classless guy like Taylor or someone else I have zero respect for.

Jordan Taylor, classless? Give me a break. You guys beat us and Taylor (a senior in college mind you) made a comment out of frustration. Who gives a crap? Let's not forget about Buzz's little center court dance party at WVU. Both dumb mistakes that really weren't a big deal at all. Whether it's on the court, in the classroom or in public, Taylor is the epitome of class.

As for the actual topic. You're kidding yourselves if you don't think Leuer and Stiemsma will be on NBA rosters this year. Are they studs? No, but both will be in the league this year.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 11:53:14 PM »
Jordan Taylor, classless? Give me a break. You guys beat us and Taylor (a senior in college mind you) made a comment out of frustration. Who gives a crap? Let's not forget about Buzz's little center court dance party at WVU. Both dumb mistakes that really weren't a big deal at all. Whether it's on the court, in the classroom or in public, Taylor is the epitome of class.

As for the actual topic. You're kidding yourselves if you don't think Leuer and Stiemsma will be on NBA rosters this year. Are they studs? No, but both will be in the league this year.

saying #Marquettestillaintcrap is not classy.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 01:29:30 AM »
I agree with you, but if you think a tweet defines a person's life, you are a strange individual.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 01:45:40 AM »
I agree with you, but if you think a tweet defines a person's life, you are a strange individual.

As strange as trolling a rival's message board at 1:30 in the morning?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 11:26:45 AM »

Agreed. Taylor made a stupid tweet after a big game, one time thing.

Taylor is class on the court, in the classroom, in public and will continue to be classy when asking you what shoe size you wear at the East Towne Mall Foot Locker.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 12:13:46 PM »

Sorry, just wanted to see if anyone new had transferred.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »
...speaking of classless.......
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 04:36:14 PM »

some dudes like Persian Kitty for a 130 am spank fest.
Some dudes like MUscoop I guess.  ?-(

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
Stiemsma yes, not sure on Leuer
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 05:29:55 PM »
Greg Stiemsma just signed with Minnesota, and that should be a good spot for him to get some minutes. 

I'm not a Badger basher, but I'm not sure on Leuer.  He didn't even get on the court for the Rockets SUMMER LEAGUE team, and when they cut him the only two teams to put in a claim were the Cavs and Timberwolves.  The Cavs will bring him to camp, but with 4 pretty good bigs now, he may not make it.  While I'm not a Badger Basher, and certainly sung Jordan Taylor's praises as one of the best few college players even though I don't believe his skills translate to the pros, I do have to admit I found this funny from:

http://www.bucksketball.com/

CBA rules. Traded player waived by his new team can’t return back to his original team for a full year. This is all I have to say on the matter. I only posted because I’ve dealt with the question  94238750923457 times since Leuer was waived. Ok, that’s a lie, I’ve dealt with it twice. But why would anyone want another power forward on the team? Oh I forgot:

Jon Leuer is a real basketball player. He went to Wisconsin where they learn how to play TEAM basketball with FUNDAMENTALS. Jumping and running is for losers with no BASKETBALL IQ!!!!!
-Average Badger Fan

BOOM! SHOTS FIRED!

For similar brevity and idiocy, follow @Ian_Segovia on Twitter
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »
I think Leuer was playing in Germany prior to the NBA season starting in December.
He started strong with Milwaukee (16 min, 6.4 pts, 3.3 reb in Dec/Jan games) as he was in mid-season form and the rest of the team/league was playing their way into shape after the condensed training camp.

After mid-February, with the exception of injuries to other players, it was rare to see Leuer as one of the 13 players the Bucks dressed for a game.  Especially after the Bogut trade in March.