Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]Darius Johnson-Odom selected by Lakers  (Read 7115 times)

LAMUfan

• All American
Re: [PaintTouches]Darius Johnson-Odom selected by Lakers
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 08:34:20 AM »
never thought about that either but D Fish is a great comparisen.  Really solid strong lefties... huh

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 08:35:37 AM »
not brown, he is a freak with a huge wingspan, I think he was a forward at Michigan st

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 09:03:45 AM »
never thought about that either but D Fish is a great comparisen.  Really solid strong lefties... huh

There is a little value add to a lefty as well.  Can't recall where I read that, but I do know Buzz (and his infinite study of statistics), has signed a much higher rate of lefty players than what the general population percentage is.  DJO, TJ Taylor, Deonte Burton, Maymon..

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 09:41:56 AM »
There is a little value add to a lefty as well.  Can't recall where I read that, but I do know Buzz (and his infinite study of statistics), has signed a much higher rate of lefty players than what the general population percentage is.  DJO, TJ Taylor, Deonte Burton, Maymon..

Pretty sure Brett "The Beast" Roseboro was a lefty too

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 09:59:03 AM »
A smaller Shannon Brown?

I would advise against comparing DJO to a guy that can barely hang on an NBA roster.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:06 AM »
I would advise against comparing DJO to a guy that can barely hang on an NBA roster.

??? Brown has also made $10 million over six years and had the best year of his career this year.  If DJO can follow the same trajectory I'm sure he'd be a happy camper.  Novak has made under $5 in the same amount of time.  He was struggling to make rosters himself.  Sometimes all you have to do is hang on and find a good fit, like Wesley with the Jazz & Blazers.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »
Until DJO makes a roster and starts playing in NBA games, I'm not going to compare him to anyone. And regardless of money, would I want Shannon Brown on my NBA team? No.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
Not gonna lie I jumped in joy when DJ got drafted by Dallas and it looked like he and Crowder would be teammates again. Then went to bed and was a bit disappointed to see that DJ was traded to LA this morning. Good news is they are both on playoff teams. All 7 MU players in the NBA are on 7 different playoff teams as of right now thats pretty crazy.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 09:59:09 PM »
Not gonna lie I jumped in joy when DJ got drafted by Dallas and it looked like he and Crowder would be teammates again. Then went to bed and was a bit disappointed to see that DJ was traded to LA this morning. Good news is they are both on playoff teams. All 7 MU players in the NBA are on 7 different playoff teams as of right now thats pretty crazy.

I couldn't figure why Dallas would get both of them when they'll likely end up playing the same or similar position.  With the trade, all is revealed.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.