Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Purdue annihilated West Virginia today  (Read 7137 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Purdue annihilated West Virginia today
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 10:15:06 AM »
FWIW after we played WVU as well as we did, I was pretty sure Purdue was going to take them to the cleaners.

WVU just isn't THAT good.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 10:59:21 AM »
Would you mind locating "gag job" posts you made after other tough losses?

PRN do you think what we did the other day was not a choke?  In my mind it was.  I guess it's a matter of interpretation.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »
FWIW after we played WVU as well as we did, I was pretty sure Purdue was going to take them to the cleaners.

WVU just isn't THAT good.

Correct.  In fact, it was a minor miracle that they beat Cleveland State and Seton Hall in the last two weeks.

For as big as they are, they don't have a point guard to drive the bus.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »

PRN do you think what we did the other day was not a choke?  In my mind it was.  I guess it's a matter of interpretation.

I think one of our players...who played a fantastic game in his first road game of his Big East career...short armed a free throw at the end of the game. As a team? No, I don't think losing by a point at West Virginia is a choke.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 11:20:50 AM »
My three takes:

You can probably say DJO choked but otherwise it was a 12th place BE team takig the #6 team in the land down to the final minute.  I'm not going to call that a gag job.  Given our roster, I think it was a solid road game.

I agree with CBB that Purdue annihilated West Va.

I am probably speaking for the rest of the board when I say I logged on to Scoop last night expecting to see a thread started by CBB "discussuing" the Purdue-West Va tilt.  I wonder if CBB would have been so quick to the keyboard if it was Purdue vs. UConn? 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »
I think one of our players...who played a fantastic game in his first road game of his Big East career...short armed a free throw at the end of the game. As a team? No, I don't think losing by a point at West Virginia is a choke.

I concur with the Nightmare. Losing on the road in a place we have never won against a veteran Top Ten ranked team with an inexperienced squad hardly fits the definition of a choke. Choking is something Bo Schembechler did routinely during Bowl Season but which Linda Lovelace did not.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »

well said PRN,  one thing i do not get is why do you and Lenny continue to debate how big of a Jacka$$ chiocs is with him?  he suffers from a overwhelming case of Napolean's complex.  And is absolute JAcka$$  without probably ever knowing it.  when people are overwhelmingly short and carry a hug e  chip on there shoulder that is how they are.  Most of them end up being cops or lawyers.  it's sad many people used to complain that Murffieus was the biggest loser on the board.  That title has been shattered by chicos.  Not sure if you were around then but you should have seen chicos defend mIke Deane after Mu fired him.  OMG ,  post after post for about two years about GPA, 100 wins, confernece championships,  it was equally pathetic, he was the second best since Al.  Seems that anyone that gives chicos the pleasure of a reach around has an ally for life.  

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »
Not only were we up 5 with 45 seconds to go, we were leading the last 10 minutes of the game.  Didn't score a point in the final minute, let the other team score 6.

That's a choke.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »
Not only were we up 5 with 45 seconds to go, we were leading the last 10 minutes of the game.  Didn't score a point in the final minute, let the other team score 6.

That's a choke.

Yes. And the 1-8 record in close games over 2009 means we've been doing a lot of choking lately.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »
WV relies too much on the jump shot to be consistent----has very little inside game either in the form of dribble penetration or low post up.