Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: For those of you who think MU has looked good so far...  (Read 7134 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: For those of you who think MU has looked good so far...
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »
The point is that Crean was a d!ck and it made it easy to hate him. Buzz (and Jerel) might garner Hate Club status, but most likely for poor coaching or playing (Jerel), not for being total jackasses.

Rawdog -- I think there were plenty of Crean haters (many on this board) from the beginning, but I think there was a huge underground of fans/alumni who normally wouldn't speak up or talk badly about Crean (or anyone really). When he "It's Indiana-ed" us, I think a ton of people finally spoke out and the many more Crean stories started to come out of the woodwork.

I agree that people disliked Crean, and that increased the criticism, and that's exactly the point I made in a previous post.

People "like" buzz better, so the schedule isn't such a problem.

My additional posts were simply pointing out that no matter how much people continue to "like" buzz, he will develop his share of haters if/when he loses.

If Buzz wins every single game he coaches, he won't have any issues.

If he gets upset in the NCAA tourney once or twice (happens to a lot of good coaches), he will have his share of doubters/haters.

ultimate

• Scholarship Player
Re: For those of you who think MU has looked good so far...
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »
I'm not jumping up and down about how good are team is this year, but I'm frickin excited for this season.  What excites me this year is the depth and potential this team has.  We may not have an all-star team this year, but we do not have any stones out there that are just filling a roster spot.  All of our players have great potential and that is super exciting to watch them work to reach that potential as they continue through their collegiate careers.

It was mentioned earlier that UW played Oakland the other day early in this thread...without going back to the our offense is better than their debate - how about noting that UW scored a whopping 2 points in the last 7 minutes of the game.  I'm excited for this year as even our garbage minute players - and I'm still not exactly sure who they will end up being - add excitement and show major potential and athleticism.