[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MU82
[Today at 12:22:29 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Spurs VS Heat rematch  (Read 15599 times)

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
Spurs VS Heat rematch
« on: May 31, 2014, 11:43:02 PM »
Who do you all WANT to win the NBA Finals?
Who do you THINK will win the NBA Finals?
WHY?

I want the spurs to win and I think they will win. Much more depth, and the spurs can match the 3pt shooting of Miami(Green,diaw,ginobili,bonner). Also I think Coach Pop is the key. There's plenty of tape to watch from last year and he'll make the appropriate adjustments.

MUeng

• All American
Re: Spurs VS Heat rematch
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:44:53 AM »
Except for one man: Lebron. As coach Vogel stated, the jordan of our era

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:07:49 AM »
Except for one man: Lebron. As coach Vogel stated, the jordan of our era

Comparing LeBron to MJ is a disgrace to MJ.

Plus it's not really a good comparison. Kobe's game (and demeaner) is more MJ while LeBron's game (but not really demeaner) is more Magic. LeBron is a middle class man's Magic, in my opinion.

(This is coming from someone who is not an MJ fan and is a Bulls hater...except for JFB, of course. And from someone who would put both Kobe and LeBron in his top 5 least favorite NBA players.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:14:11 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:56:11 AM »
Heat in six

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »
I am not a communist or someone who hates old people, but, even if they weren't playing an MU player in the Finals, I would want the Spurs to lose. I can't explain it. I like the coach and Duncan in their interviews. I normally seek out teams to root for that win without all the extra crap that would give you a reason to dislike them.

For some reason though, I just can't stand the Spurs

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 09:54:34 AM »
No question Heat. Duh, Wade. And in a perfect world he'd channel his 2006 and 2011 (which should have been good enough for another championship & Finals MVP had LeBron not sulked/shrunk from the moment) Finals performances and increase his already off-the-charts stature as a recruiting tool for our beloved MU hoops program. It just makes sense.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 10:53:54 AM »
Comparing LeBron to MJ is a disgrace to MJ.

Plus it's not really a good comparison. Kobe's game (and demeaner) is more MJ while LeBron's game (but not really demeaner) is more Magic. LeBron is a middle class man's Magic, in my opinion.

(This is coming from someone who is not an MJ fan and is a Bulls hater...except for JFB, of course. And from someone who would put both Kobe and LeBron in his top 5 least favorite NBA players.)
why the dislike for Lebron?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 10:55:53 AM »
I don't really want a team to win.  I want a good series.

I think the Spurs are better than last year, but Miami has the best player on the planet.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
I don't really want a team to win.  I want a good series.

Commie

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 11:47:59 PM »
why the dislike for Lebron?

Just personally don't care for how he plays the game and how he makes everything about himself. I am a big fan of players who always seem to be under control of their emotions and the game. Also a big fan of players who are just "smooth" with their movements on the court, make incredibly difficult things look routine, and players who act like they've been there before as opposed to a herky jerky style and a player who gets overly emotional for an everyday play in the NBA. So the types of players I like are the Steph Curry's, Kevin Durant's, and Dwyane Wade's (especially before LeBron and Bosh came to town) vs. players I personally don't care for like LeBron, Russell Westbrook, and Blake Griffin.

Just a personal preference as to the style of play I like. I hate that LeBron acts like every dunk is the first time he's ever dunked a basketball, that he stares down defenders when he dunks, that he gets all pissy when he would ever actually get called for a foul or not have a foul called on his defender when he's doing his bull in a China shop, lower the shoulder and just run to the rim regardless of what gets in your way act. I hate that he jumps on scorers tables and fist pumps his chest after winning a game to go up 3-1 in a Eastern Conference Semis against a team whose "All Star" point guard forgot how to play basketball and whose 2 other "stars" are nearing 40 years old in a season where you are 2 time defending NBA champions. Act like you've been there. How he voices his disappointment that he missed a free throw that would've given him 50 points after a meaningless foul in a blowout win with 1.1 seconds left to end with 49 points instead of 50, as if that made a difference in how good of a game he played, rather than focusing on the fact that they just went up 3-1 in the series. Who cares about 1 extra personal point? How he lobbies for MVP votes to the media after scoring 61 points in a game in January. Not many professionals lobby for individual awards in a team sport. He's just all about him and it's not something that is something I personally care for. The Decision was 100%, perfectly LeBron James. It perfectly defines his personality. Everything about it. Having to join 2 other top 10 players at the time, having to make it a public spectacle, how he had to make it all about him. Just lame.

Obviously he is an incredible talent. And there is also a time and place to show your emotions, get fired up, etc. Plus just about every star in the NBA expects to get star treatment/calls and complain when they don't. I just feel like players like LeBron and Westbrook are over the top with it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:55:29 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 11:55:58 PM »
Just personally don't care for how he plays the game and how he makes everything about himself. I am a big fan of players who always seem to be under control of their emotions and the game. Also a big fan of players who are just "smooth" with their movements on the court, make incredibly difficult things look routine, and players who act like they've been there before as opposed to a herky jerky style and a player who gets overly emotional for an everyday play in the NBA. So the types of players I like are the Steph Curry's, Kevin Durant's, and Dwyane Wade's (especially before LeBron and Bosh came to town) vs. players I personally don't care for like LeBron, Russell Westbrook, and Blake Griffin.

Just a personal preference as to the style of play I like. I hate that LeBron acts like every dunk is the first time he's ever dunked a basketball, that he stares down defenders when he dunks, that he gets all pissy when he would ever actually get called for a foul or not have a foul called on his defender when he's doing his bull in a China shop, lower the shoulder and just run to the rim regardless of what gets in your way act. I hate that he jumps on scorers tables and fist pumps his chest after winning a game to go up 3-1 in a Eastern Conference Semis against a team whose "All Star" point guard forgot how to play basketball and whose 2 other "stars" are nearing 40 years old in a season where you are 2 time defending NBA champions. Act like you've been there. How he voices his disappointment that he missed a free throw that would've given him 50 points after a meaningless foul in a blowout win with 1.1 seconds left to end with 49 points instead of 50, as if that made a difference in how good of a game he played, rather than focusing on the fact that they just went up 3-1 in the series. Who cares about 1 extra personal point? How he lobbies for MVP votes to the media after scoring 61 points in a game in January. Not many professionals lobby for individual awards in a team sport. He's just all about him and it's not something that is something I personally care for. The Decision was 100%, perfectly LeBron James. It perfectly defines his personality. Everything about it. Having to join 2 other top 10 players at the time, having to make it a public spectacle, how he had to make it all about him. Just lame.

Obviously he is an incredible talent. And there is also a time and place to show your emotions, get fired up, etc. Plus just about every star in the NBA expects to get star treatment/calls and complain when they don't. I just feel like players like LeBron and Westbrook are over the top with it.

Quit pissing around and tell us why you don't like the guy!

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 12:16:23 AM »
Quit pissing around and tell us why you don't like the guy!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2DN0UWNEFeQ

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 01:08:16 AM »

There are no points for second place...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/p890hIa1w9k?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/p890hIa1w9k?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Death on call

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 01:11:30 AM »
Actually, i love it.  When his career is over, he'll be top 3 of all time, easy.  I like the confidence he has and his drive to win and you can really see it in the playoffs.  I think a lot of dislike for Lebron stems purely from jealousy.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 06:07:41 AM »

Geezer for sure!!!!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 06:59:09 AM »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 07:26:00 AM »
I am not a communist or someone who hates old people, but, even if they weren't playing an MU player in the Finals, I would want the Spurs to lose. I can't explain it. I like the coach and Duncan in their interviews. I normally seek out teams to root for that win without all the extra crap that would give you a reason to dislike them.

For some reason though, I just can't stand the Spurs

I agree completely.  I really like and respect both Pop and Duncan...but for some reason, I really don't like that team.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 08:28:24 AM »
Geezer for sure!!!!

All 25 years of me.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 09:12:12 AM »

So he's honest, (and correct BTW...He's frankly already up there), and you don't like that? You think MJ wouldn't say he belongs on Mt. Rushmore? Never have and never will understand people's distaste for LeBron. He's as good a player that has ever played the game, yet has this completely faulty reputation among a segment of the population that when pressed seem to only come up with the decision, or, "I just don't like the guy."

All about him is a complete joke. Ask Wade if LeBron is all about LeBron. Who is that guy that has to go out and guard even position on the floor, and is willing and able to do it any time its needed? That's the guys you want to label as 100% about LeBron?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 09:20:48 AM »
So he's honest, (and correct BTW...He's frankly already up there), and you don't like that? You think MJ wouldn't say he belongs on Mt. Rushmore? Never have and never will understand people's distaste for LeBron. He's as good a player that has ever played the game, yet has this completely faulty reputation among a segment of the population that when pressed seem to only come up with the decision, or, "I just don't like the guy."

All about him is a complete joke. Ask Wade if LeBron is all about LeBron. Who is that guy that has to go out and guard even position on the floor, and is willing and able to do it any time its needed? That's the guys you want to label as 100% about LeBron?

I have never in my life seen anybody other than LeBron voice disappointment at the difference between 50 points and 49 points in a blowout win. Never. 1 point different, but 50 just sounds cool so LeBron needed it. Never heard anybody other than LeBron openly lobby for MVP votes to the media. Never ever seen anybody have an hour long show to announce that he's not good enough to win a championship by himself, so he'll join 2 other top 10 players in the NBA to do so. Never seen another player jump on a scorer's table after a win to go up 3-1 in a Conference Semifinals series (and he didn't even hit a game winner, and they had won the last 2 NBA Championships). He's all about him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 11:21:24 AM »
Spurs in 5, maybe 6.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 01:41:45 PM »
Want: Spurs
Think: Heat
Why?: Like a good portion of the country I dislike the Heat. It all goes back to day 1 and the WWE style entrance to the "pep rally."
The Spurs are pretty much the organization I would want my team to be like.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 01:49:34 PM »
Want Heat

Think Spurs

Go with mind, over heart

West was much better than east this year.  Heat not as good as last year, could have easily lost last year. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 01:51:30 PM »
Why?: Like a good portion of the country I dislike the Heat. It all goes back to day 1 and the WWE style entrance to the "pep rally."

I must admit, five years later I can't figure out why people are still so bothered by what essentially was a dumb PR stunt.  

If anything, you have to admire the fact that they pretty much put their money where their mouth is.  They will either have a 14-2 or a 15-1, playoff series record after this year.  That's pretty damn good.  And it's not like they are in your face about it either.  

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 03:09:01 PM »
All 25 years of me.

That's surprising. Well, you think showboating, I'm thinking showmanship. Just a little something to keep us interested.