[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette vs Ohio State...on a naval ship?  (Read 39951 times)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: Marquette vs Ohio State...on a naval ship?
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
Unless they promoted Mike Broeker to AD without telling anyone, no. Cottingham didn't handle any of the scheduling, don't see why that would change.

The AD only gets the blame but not a pat on the back when his staff puts together the schedule?  I have to think whether the AD is doing the day to day scheduling or not, ultimately he has to sign off on all this stuff.  He, Larry Williams, deserves some credit for this.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2012, 10:18:56 AM »
The AD only gets the blame but not a pat on the back when his staff puts together the schedule?  I have to think whether the AD is doing the day to day scheduling or not, ultimately he has to sign off on all this stuff.  He, Larry Williams, deserves some credit for this.

So every boss should get credit for everything the people under him/her does? Mike Broeker handles our scheduling, Buzz Williams signs off on it. The credit should go to Broeker. I'm not in the skewer Larry Williams crowd, I just don't think he (or anyone) should get credit for work they don't do.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2012, 11:26:18 PM »
So every boss should get credit for everything the people under him/her does? Mike Broeker handles our scheduling, Buzz Williams signs off on it. The credit should go to Broeker. I'm not in the skewer Larry Williams crowd, I just don't think he (or anyone) should get credit for work they don't do.

You are one of my favorite posters and I am sorry if I was tweaking you.  We just do not see eye to eye on this.

I am not saying MB doesn’t deserve credit, of course he does.  Your post seemed to say that the AD gets no credit, and that is not the case.  The boss always gets some of the glory for any number of reasons.  If I recall, you are a fireman or have some capacity with MFD.  If you put out a fire and you guys do a tremendous job and save a life in the process, you will receive credit as you should.  Will the captain not also receive credit even if he didn’t go into the burning building?  Will the Chief commend the firemen that did the saving and also the guy who runs the station?  If a baseball team wins a championship on a homerun, is the hitter complimented but also the manager, the GM, the owner?  If a particular company has an outstanding quarter driven largely by one division, are the employees of that division commended but not also the CEO of the entire company?

There is no way the schedule is done in a vacuum without the AD signing off on it, giving approval, etc.  That is how it works and it should. MB deserves credit, but so does Larry Williams.   
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »
Who really deserves credit are the Miami Boys: Team LeBron (Ohio State) vs Team Wade (MU).

Oh, and Nike.
SS Marquette

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2012, 06:08:26 AM »
You are one of my favorite posters and I am sorry if I was tweaking you.  We just do not see eye to eye on this.

No worries, but I agree with the latter :)

If he deserves credit for anything here, it's allowing Broeker to do the job that he has done so well. But more to the point, this is the original post I responded to regarding this:

Does the new AD deserve any credit for getting this rolling?

As I read that post, it is asking if LW was actively involved in seeking this game out, if he was the motivating force behind us getting this game, and the answer is very simply no, the AD (new or not) does not. Scheduling is handled by Mike Broeker. He's the one that would have initiated this from our end, that would get the proverbial ball rolling on it.

If you want to credit LW for allowing MB to do his job, or for signing off on the schedule once MB completes it, that's fine, but to say that he's the one "getting this rolling" is simply inaccurate.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »
Stole this from my friends FB page.  I know he posts here, so thanks, buddy!   ;)

Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2012, 10:29:21 AM »
Stole this from my friends FB page.  I know he posts here, so thanks, buddy!   ;)

Wouldn't by chance be Scoop's old Wallpaper Magician?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »
Wouldn't by chance be Scoop's old Wallpaper Magician?

Nope...credit goes to Anonymous Eagle (I think Rubie Q specifically)

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2012/5/25/3042961/marquette-vs-ohio-state-navy-ship-ncaa

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »
Nope...credit goes to Anonymous Eagle (I think Rubie Q specifically)

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2012/5/25/3042961/marquette-vs-ohio-state-navy-ship-ncaa

"Hopefully Rubie Q will be so kind as to put the image in the wallpaper wiki," he thought to himself with a bit of envy knowing that his once mad MS-Paint skills have been obsolete since the Battleship game itself was popular.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »
"Hopefully Rubie Q will be so kind as to put the image in the wallpaper wiki," he thought to himself with a bit of envy knowing that his once mad MS-Paint skills have been obsolete since the Battleship game itself was popular.

If he knew how to do that, he'd gladly do so.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2012, 12:24:39 PM »

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
No worries, but I agree with the latter :)

If he deserves credit for anything here, it's allowing Broeker to do the job that he has done so well. But more to the point, this is the original post I responded to regarding this:

As I read that post, it is asking if LW was actively involved in seeking this game out, if he was the motivating force behind us getting this game, and the answer is very simply no, the AD (new or not) does not. Scheduling is handled by Mike Broeker. He's the one that would have initiated this from our end, that would get the proverbial ball rolling on it.

If you want to credit LW for allowing MB to do his job, or for signing off on the schedule once MB completes it, that's fine, but to say that he's the one "getting this rolling" is simply inaccurate.

I'm just curious--do you know for a fact Williams was not involved?  Or is it an assumption based on the "normal" responsiblites of Broeker?

To me, it doesn't seem unreasonable that Larry Williams might have some prior relationship with Mike Whalen (head of Morale Entertainment, the organizer of the Carrier Classic event).  Especailly when we consider that Williams once worked at Baker & Daniels, one of the the top sports & entertainment law firms in the country.  

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2012, 01:16:54 PM »