Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: “I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68  (Read 1083 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I may be misremembering but I think Morsell and to a lesser extent Lewis had the green light for mid-range jumpers.  Maybe it was just the transition to the new system but maybe Shaka trusts certain guys to take them.

Those were guys with more established games in year one of a new system. They needed the proven guys to score because the kids weren't ready. But since then, these guys have been drilled on paint and threes. They know what the offense wants and what they are supposed to do in it. I don't expect any radical shot chart changes.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jfp61

• All American
I may be misremembering but I think Morsell and to a lesser extent Lewis had the green light for mid-range jumpers.  Maybe it was just the transition to the new system but maybe Shaka trusts certain guys to take them.

Yes, that team that didn't have a top 60 offense.

#UnleashSean

• All American
Sounds like a hot take to drive viewership

MuMark

• All American
Goodman has got a great track record…….i mean he picked Virginia to be a final 4 team last season in their preseason show!

Hards Alumni

• All American
It's May and it's just idle conversation.

That said, the conversation appears to be around three tiers being set up for 2024-25:

Well Positioned for NCAA
UConn
Creighton
Xavier (if Hunter and Freemantle stay healthy)

Positioned for NCAA Consideration
Marquette
St. John's
Providence
Butler

Not Positioned for NCAA Consideration
Villanova
Seton Hall
Georgetown
DePaul

A team that is ranked inside the top 20 is only being considered for NCAA is a brain dead take. 

These pundits are just trying to rile up engaged fan bases (read: Marquette) so they can get views.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Sounds like a hot take to drive viewership
Exactly.  Learning from Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
Field of 68 puts out a ton of content but it’s low quality. It gives me something to listen to on my commute but no one on that platform provides anything of real substance in terms of analysis.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
Goodman has got a great track record…….i mean he picked Virginia to be a final 4 team last season in their preseason show!

Hey, give the guy a break. He meant to say, "last 4 in". Just a simple mistake.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

feedback