collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013-14 college football thread  (Read 22118 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2013-14 college football thread
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2013, 04:03:40 PM »
Injuries happened. Mark played 1 full game against Ohio st. Colter still seems bothered by somrthing and their starting coner back went down the 1st game of the season. I had so much expectations for NU this year. I have never been more disappointed in one of teams then this season for any team, any sport, of any level.

Injuries cannot entirely explain a winless conference season. Some people expected them to win the B1G.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2013, 05:03:53 PM »
Injuries cannot entirely explain a winless conference season. Some people expected them to win the B1G.

So did I. Which is why I said the single most disappointing season of any od the sports teams I support. Like I have been floored by what transpired this year.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »
oh. my. god.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2013, 06:37:29 PM »
oh. my. god.

Called it.   ;D   That "weird" feeling was just that...weird play to bring it true.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=40554.msg535873#msg535873

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »
I have seen a lot of college football, and that was the best game I have witnessed.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2013, 06:40:11 PM »
I have seen a lot of college football, and that was the best game I have witnessed.

One of my friends said that earlier. For me, it's still Boise/Oklahoma BCS game

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »

+Infinity.

No words.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »
One of my friends said that earlier. For me, it's still Boise/Oklahoma BCS game

That was also a great game.  So was Miami - Boston College, Michigan vs Colorado, etc, etc.  I've seen some crazy ones on tv over the years.  Not sure I ever saw a game that big end like that, however.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2013, 07:04:18 PM »
I didn't call Bama losing, but I called the return TD before they even snapped the ball.  Said well before it that they should just throw up a Hail Mary.  Nothing good was going to come of a field goal there.

Now I'm just hoping for complete chaos.  Let's go Aggies tonight, then Missouri over Auburn in the SEC Championship game, MSU over OSU in the B1G Championship game, and Duke over FSU (only game that I cannot possibly see actually playing out that way) in the ACC Championship game.

Would be fun to see where everyone ended up if that all happened.  Bama vs. Missouri for the National Championship?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »
I didn't call Bama losing, but I called the return TD before they even snapped the ball.  Said well before it that they should just throw up a Hail Mary.  Nothing good was going to come of a field goal there.

Now I'm just hoping for complete chaos.  Let's go Aggies tonight, then Missouri over Auburn in the SEC Championship game, MSU over OSU in the B1G Championship game, and Duke over FSU (only game that I cannot possibly see actually playing out that way) in the ACC Championship game.

Would be fun to see where everyone ended up if that all happened.  Bama vs. Missouri for the National Championship?

If the Aggies win tonight, South Carolina goes to the SEC Championship Game.  But yeah...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2013, 07:12:44 PM »

If the Aggies win tonight, South Carolina goes to the SEC Championship Game.  But yeah...

Gotcha.  Didn't know what the tiebreakers were.  Go Gamecocks then.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2013, 07:15:14 PM »
Gotcha.  Didn't know what the tiebreakers were.  Go Gamecocks then.

Gamecocks beat Mizzou head to head...and are playing out of conference v. Clemson tonight.  Missouri blew a 17-0 4th quarter lead at home in that game.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2013, 07:21:49 PM »
I'd like to nominate today's middling Penn State team walking into Camp Randall and manhandling the Vadgers as one of my favorite games as well. 

;D

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2013, 08:31:46 PM »
I'd like to nominate today's middling Penn State team walking into Camp Randall and manhandling the Vadgers as one of my favorite games as well. 

;D

Conspiracy Theory Alert: Macfarlane killed off Brian cause he's sick of the show and wants people to stop watching.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2013, 09:56:01 PM »
You guys have hit on a lot of my top games, and today is added to the list.  We stopped watching the game after Auburn tied it; put it on mute in the basement to rewind for the ot after dinner.  Ate dinner, went downstairs, hit rewind and watched as the game (really, just 15 minutes of celebrating) rewound, and until we watched it going forward, couldn't figure out what could have happened. Holy Schnikies!

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2013, 09:58:29 PM »
I didn't call Bama losing, but I called the return TD before they even snapped the ball.  Said well before it that they should just throw up a Hail Mary.  Nothing good was going to come of a field goal there.

Now I'm just hoping for complete chaos.  Let's go Aggies tonight, then Missouri over Auburn in the SEC Championship game, MSU over OSU in the B1G Championship game, and Duke over FSU (only game that I cannot possibly see actually playing out that way) in the ACC Championship game.

Would be fun to see where everyone ended up if that all happened.  Bama vs. Missouri for the National Championship?
Ohio st easily could have lost today; won't surprise me if Mich St takes them down.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2013, 09:59:26 PM »
Ohio st easily could have lost today; won't surprise me if Mich St takes them down.

Agreed.  I just don't know if MSU can score enough.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »

No disagreement with Mich going for 2. But how do you not move Gardner around in some sort of run/pass option?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2013, 10:25:16 PM »
Two in a row over SUCK.  Go Bruins!

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2013, 01:50:39 AM »
No disagreement with Mich going for 2. But how do you not move Gardner around in some sort of run/pass option?

Gardner was limping for much of the 2nd half, might have limited his mobility.  According to OSU, they were very, very prepared for the 2 point conversion.  Normally, if I was the home team I would go to OT but given how unstoppable OSU's running game seemed to be in the second half I agree with Hoke's call.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
Gardner was limping for much of the 2nd half, might have limited his mobility.  According to OSU, they were very, very prepared for the 2 point conversion.  Normally, if I was the home team I would go to OT but given how unstoppable OSU's running game seemed to be in the second half I agree with Hoke's call.

Not to mention what does Michigan have to lose?  Maybe a worse bowl than whatever bad bowl they were already going to be in?  If they win they knock their biggest rival out of a chance to go to the National Championship.  The risk far outweighs the reward, especially considering how their offense had been playing.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »
Two in a row over SUCK.  Go Bruins!

I thought I like you!  ;) Fight on!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »
The BCS standings as of today are a joke. Form where im sitting, Auburn beating Alabama is an argument to put Auburn in the National Championship game, not an argument to take Alabama out. The schedules Florida State and Ohio State have played simply do not compete. Yet if they both win next week, they'll be in, which is a joke. (though I think Auburn still has a chance). With a win over Mizzou, Auburn and Alabama both appear more deserving.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »
The BCS standings as of today are a joke. Form where im sitting, Auburn beating Alabama is an argument to put Auburn in the National Championship game, not an argument to take Alabama out. The schedules Florida State and Ohio State have played simply do not compete. Yet if they both win next week, they'll be in, which is a joke. (though I think Auburn still has a chance). With a win over Mizzou, Auburn and Alabama both appear more deserving.

In a rarity, you and I agree on something.  Not so much that Auburn deserves it, but my problem is that if OSU played in the SEC I find it very difficult to believe they would be undefeated, yet this is the rationale that voters are using...that OSU is undefeated.  Well, Alabama would be undefeated in the Big Ten as well most likely.  So would LSU and Auburn.  I appreciate that OSU has done some wonderful things, but the schedule means something here.  The gauntlet of the SEC is a lot different than that of the Big 10, especially when OSU has struggled with several Big Ten teams, including Northwestern, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2013, 07:41:13 PM »
Don't blame the BCS, blame the human voters.

feedback