[Today at 04:43:45 PM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by tower912
[Today at 01:46:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:20:38 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Milwaukee bars, bands, concerts, summerfest thread  (Read 28843 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Milwaukee bars, bands, concerts, summerfest thread
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
I was unaware there is a new one.    Internet searching to commence.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Milwaukee bars, bands, concerts, summerfest thread
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2012, 07:59:41 AM »
I was unaware there is a new one.    Internet searching to commence.   

Another great show by the BoDeans in New Haven last night!  Front row seats with the family.  Last night was the last show of the tour for the new CD which Kurt said came out in June.  They played 3 songs from the new CD (same as Sat.'s show) and they were classic BoDean jams.  The title song got a very large applause from the crowd which was mostly people from Yale-New Haven Hospital who were only there to see a free show moreso than to see the BoDeans. 

Yale-New Haven Hospital has been using Closer to Free in their ad campaign for their new Cancer Center.  The hospital booked the BoDeans for a free summer show in conjunction with the campaign.  They told the story that back in August (when I was on the family vacation) they were already in town, their instruments and equipment were set-up on the New Haven Green and they were ready to go when a massive downpour & thunderstorn arrived 10 minutes before they were supposed to go on stage.  Apparently, the BoDeans felt bad an offered the hospital to reschedule and in a totally classy move told the hospital that the makeup would be on them.

As a side note: My friend, a BoDeans fan by virtue of attendance at that university in South Bend, was telling his family and friends that my family was the only one in attendance who was personally invited by the BoDeans.   Thanks BoDeans for the heads up after Saturday's show!