[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Myles Powell is *Classless  (Read 7520 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Myles Powell is *Classless
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2019, 01:02:33 AM »
In fairness, I'd be pissed off too if I had to live in Jersey and went to Seton Hall

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2019, 01:03:25 AM »
In fairness, I'd be pissed off too if I had to live in Jersey and went to Seton Hall
I agree with this analysis.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2019, 01:03:43 AM »
Pretty ironic that they’d want to set the bar so low, given that their “star” throws elbows and starts fights.

High class program.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2017/02/02/former-seton-hall-star-herb-pope-faces-10-years-jail/97414176/

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2019, 01:07:26 AM »
High class program.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2017/02/02/former-seton-hall-star-herb-pope-faces-10-years-jail/97414176/

powell wont be far behind. nor will mcknight. im guessing their pg from a few years ago is already there.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2019, 01:11:24 AM »
powell wont be far behind. nor will mcknight. im guessing their pg from a few years ago is already there.

As the proprietor of this thread, I recommend we steer this away from this talk. Let's focus more on how Willard has as much hair as he does moral fiber and the actions of todaym
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2019, 01:16:39 AM »

Yeah, this isn't necessary. Powell is at the top of my sh*t list but this crosses a line IMHO.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2019, 01:18:12 AM »
Yeah, this isn't necessary. Powell is at the top of my sh*t list but this crosses a line IMHO.

Again. +1. Please clean up the false equivalence thing. There is plenty to be mad at about SHU, but that is too far.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2019, 01:25:50 AM »
I agree with this analysis.

In fairness, There are some beautiful cities in New Jersey, ie.Morristown, George Washington likes it so much he wintered there. Hall, never have seen the campus.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2019, 01:52:21 AM »

It was not my intent for anyone to take it this far.  I now essentially view Powell and Willard the same way the I saw Yancy Gates and Cronin after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1N49HSUAvY

I have no doubt that Powell would have swung if the refs and coaches hadn't stepped in as quickly as they did.  As terrible as they were all night about making the right call, it could have ensued into a full brawl.  You have to give them credit for stopping it as quickly as they did, although it was about the only thing they did right all night.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2019, 04:13:09 AM »

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2019, 07:28:00 AM »
You are a baby.  He’s tough.  MU weak.  Next.  I was there.  Saw it with my own eyes.

Oh, well, if you were there then I suppose you must be right.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2019, 09:19:01 AM »
Calling Powell classless is an insult to classlessness. He absolutely should not play tomorrow. Should be reassessed to a flagrant 2 & suspended for multiple games starting tomorrow & continuing to January.

This.

TexMex

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2019, 10:04:16 AM »
Powell wasn't the only player on SH acting childish/classless. I would extend that to include the SH coaching staff.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2019, 10:05:20 AM »
Powell wasn't the only player on SH acting childish/classless. I would extend that to include the SH coaching staff.

Yea, Willard has been a tool for years now.

I keep trying to tell myself to calm down, it's just a game but for whatever reason this loss is really eating away at me. So effing frustrating.

TexMex

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2019, 10:07:35 AM »
i would like to think that if MU players acted in the same way the coaching staff would get involved and shut it down.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »
i would like to think that if MU players acted in the same way the coaching staff would get involved and shut it down.

Never happen, there are rules, the Marquette fans have to make a statement and shut down the Big East con.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2019, 10:10:18 AM »

Which makes the comments about Theo below even more absurd...
https://setonhall.forums.rivals.com/threads/theo-john-is-a-thug.39378/

People praising Willard for recruiting high quality kids and not someone like Theo. Yea...coupled with the negative fan experiences I’ve had each time I’ve been to the Prudential Center, I’m fine never rooting for SH again. Conference unity be damned

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2019, 11:46:21 AM »
While I’m pissed that we lost the game, this could be something that really brings the guys together for the tournament to make a run.  Also , everybody in this conference is too buddy buddy for me.  It was kind of refreshing seeing a chippy conference game like the old big east, even if we lost the game.  I’m feeling a deep March run starting next week.   

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »
Yea, Willard has been a tool for years now.

I keep trying to tell myself to calm down, it's just a game but for whatever reason this loss is really eating away at me. So effing frustrating.
I’m right there with you. Still burning hot. That’s what getting cheated leaves you feeling like. I’m a Raider fan (unfortunately) and I’ll never get over the tuck rule
No Finish Line

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2019, 12:34:58 PM »
I wouldnt be proud to have Powell on my team when he acts like he did last night...been a few times I havent loved Theos sh1t either...including the senseless crap last night.  You can be tough and smart at the same time...hope he figures it out.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2019, 12:41:47 PM »
I wouldnt be proud to have Powell on my team when he acts like he did last night...been a few times I havent loved Theos sh1t either...including the senseless crap last night.  You can be tough and smart at the same time...hope he figures it out.
What the unnatural carnal knowledge did Theo do last night?

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2019, 01:08:45 PM »
Seton hall men’s basketball players have always been classless POSs.  My sister played soccer there and was trying to get work done in the study room.  She asked some of the basketball players if they could quiet down or take it elsewhere.  Donald Copeland, the point guard at the time, took offense and threatened her...he was being restrained from doing worse by his friends.  Thugs.   This is why I hate losing to that crap program.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »
While I’m pissed that we lost the game, this could be something that really brings the guys together for the tournament to make a run.  Also , everybody in this conference is too buddy buddy for me.  It was kind of refreshing seeing a chippy conference game like the old big east, even if we lost the game.  I’m feeling a deep March run starting next week.   

Not if the officials have any say. Theo and Sacar will be ejected for just being on the court. The rules are there for our guys to follow any other team can do whatever they want as long as we are on the floor.

That is what it felt like last night. Its going to take me along time to get over this injustice.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:20:19 PM by muwarrior69 »

feedback