'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joey made it happen?  (Read 49367 times)

MUCam

• All American
Re: Joey made it happen?
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2019, 07:53:50 PM »
It's not a pun at all...

Seriously! What the Heldt is going on around here? That was not a pun! Markus down as one of the least intelligence boards out there! We can’t even tell what a pun is? Hauser reputation ever going to improve with such misunderstanding of a simple comedic tool such as the pun? Wojo believe this is happening? I can’t.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2019, 08:03:34 PM »
The TV broadcasts throughout the season often showed the Hauser parents in the stands at home games and even some -- maybe many -- road games. Stevens Point is 155 miles from Milwaukee -- not exactly down the block. I assume the father has a job. How do you find time to do all that traveling? And it isn't cheap. Along with everything the father allegedly did, he (they) seem like stereotypical helicopter parents taken to the extreme.  A redo of Maymon’s father.

Jon Harris’s dad drove from Edwardsville, IL for every game of Jon’s 4 year career. He’d spend the night with Jon then drive back to work the next AM. Maybe, like Jon’s dad, the Hauser’s we’re proud of their sons and their accomplishments that most college kids never attain.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2019, 08:10:26 PM »
I blame it all on THE TERROR. Matt was the only player in the hotel bar after the Murray State game.  He should have been back in the players rooms, breaking up this pillow fight.

Even though his MU career was over, and he had family in the bar waiting for him, he neglected his duties as the senior leader.

Matt knew not to cry over spilled milk. He handed in his milk pale for a bucket of suds that night to teach the team a life lesson. 

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2019, 12:03:36 PM »
This was sent to me from a friend.   Reported source was a “coach” at MU.  I don’t post much, but this is the first “report” that makes sense to me

“The problems first started when Markus challenged Joey to be tougher and said more was needed from him for the team to reach their full potential. This was done as a friend and captain and with Sam's approval. Joey did not take the message well to the point his friendship with Markus was affected. As the year went on the friendship steadily got worse. Sam and Markus remained friends but not as close. The Hauser and Howard families relationship became strained as well. I was told that Joey now absolutely hates Markus and the Hauser family does not like the Howard family. Sam and Markus are still friends but again not as close. A letter was written to Wojo by the Hausers at the prompting of the parents and it was really because Joey was disgruntled. Teammates suggested they not give the letter to Wojo and no teammate signed the letter with the Hausers. Markus became aware of the letter and initially tried backing off his focus on scoring and tried to patch things up with Joey. Unfortunately, the offense became stagnant and the ball ended up in Markus' hands at the end of the shot clock and Markus and Joey's relationship did not improve.
Fast forward to the locker room after the Murray State game and Markus challenged a teammate for how they played in the game. Sam stepped in as a co-captain and Markus and Sam got into an argument. Joey then joined Sam and got into a shoving match with Markus. Wojo walked in at the end of this and did not do anything. Wojo simply let the players handle it. The Hauser family was upset that Wojo did not stick up for Sam and Joey. In addition none of the other players sided with Sam and Joey including the player Markus had confronted. I was told before the team returned to Milwaukee Joey was definitely going to transfer if Markus returned. The belief was that Sam would still return. Eventually Sam went along with the sentiments of the family and agreed to transfer if Markus came back. Once Markus announced he was returning the Hausers announced their decision.
One of the coaches the Hausers contacted asked why they were transferring. When informed of their reason he told them things would have been handled the same with his team. The coached asked them to think about whether they'd really want to join his team if that was the case and they should take a few days to decide. If there was a divisive member on last years team it was Joey because he would sulk which the players not getting as many minutes did not appreciate. Two players most likely would have transferred if Joey returned.”

He also thought Iowa is their destination.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1125806101809848320

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2019, 07:44:22 PM »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2019, 08:43:18 AM »
Anyone remember the @ Depaul game, when it clearly was caught on replay after Joey missed a shot and sulked, and Markus quickly jumped in his face and got on him.  Perfect example. 

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2019, 08:58:14 AM »
Stan Johnson
@MUCoachJohnson
Never eat with the people you didn’t starve with. Never ride with the people you didn’t walk with. Be true and stick to your crew. Fake people don’t surprise me anymore, loyal people do. #tightcircle

5:10 AM - 8 May 2019
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:42 AM »
Stan Johnson
@MUCoachJohnson
Never eat with the people you didn’t starve with. Never ride with the people you didn’t walk with. Be true and stick to your crew. Fake people don’t surprise me anymore, loyal people do. #tightcircle

5:10 AM - 8 May 2019

I guess Stan is saying Sam and Joey = "Fake people." Interesting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2019, 09:28:08 AM »

I wouldn't guess that. I would guess he's referring to fans flaming the announced contract extension.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2019, 09:29:19 AM »

I think it's never a good idea to read too much into Stan's tweets.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2019, 09:33:20 AM »

I don’t read it that way and don’t pretend to know who Stan is referencing.  It could easily be the fire Wojo crowd or just a general statement.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »
Stan seems to pull his tweets from whatever Successories poster his eyes gaze upon at that particular moment.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2019, 09:45:47 AM »
I wouldn't guess that. I would guess he's referring to fans flaming the announced contract extension.

Yeah that's the way I read it.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2019, 09:48:05 AM »
The story if true just seems to make the hauser brothers, joey in particular, look like soft entitled punks.  Step up and take charge of the game if that's what you think you are owed.  Sucks to lose them, Sam in particular, Joey will have a decent career in Europe or Asia.  Lets move on! Lets support those who actually want to play for the warriors!!!! Next man up.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2019, 09:52:13 AM »
Stan seems to pull his tweets from whatever Successories poster his eyes gaze upon at that particular moment.

This. If you get really inspired by thoughts like "Follow your dreams" or "Never give up" then Stan's Twitter account is gonna blow your mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »
I think it's never a good idea to read too much into Stan's tweets.

I think you're right.

So NM what I said earlier. Probably read it "wrong."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »
Makes sense, Joey always seemed very immature. Wasn't he the one that refused to play with Herro when he showed interest in Marquette?

It's too bad Sam got caught up in all of this. He seems like such a great kid and a true team player.

Yes, and if this account is accurate it makes me feel better about pointing out numerous times since the transfer that Joey has also been a terrible basketball player since February who should have been on the bench.

Also makes.me feel less bad about him being posterized vs Murray State, but that play was just like all his other defensive plays except that he was actually within 4 feet of a player on defense.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2019, 01:29:52 PM »
This. If you get really inspired by thoughts like "Follow your dreams" or "Never give up" then Stan's Twitter account is gonna blow your mind.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2019, 03:07:00 PM »
The word is “have” (not “of”).

I love you, db. That's been driving me nuts for years.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2019, 08:24:24 PM »
Interesting theory based on everything I've read:

1) The Baby Hauser is aggravated because he is not getting the Henry Ellenson treatment and believes he is the core around which the team should be built.

2) By late February, the Baby Hauser has convinced himself that the only thing between winning and losing at Marquette is making sure the Baby Hauser gets his "touches." He tries to instigate a rebellion and is somewhat unsuccessful.

3) We get clobbered against Murray State and the Baby Hauser blames Markus, forgetting that the whole team laid an egg.

4) Coaches see the Baby Hauser's court temperament, his poor defense and his freshmen mistakes and realize he is a "scratch and dent good."

5) The Baby Hauser is discretely told that his game has weaknesses and that there's work to do. He's a talented player but light years behind his brother. Coaches do not want the Baby Hauser unless they get Sam too.

6) The Baby Hauser probably has a less than satisfactory year-end meeting with Coach Wojo, where his weaknesses are clearly spelled out and his prescriptive steps outlined in detail. Nobody has ever talked to the Baby Hauser quite like I suspect Coach Wojo did.

7) Family being family, the Baby Hauser throws big brother under the bus in a massive transfer issue that costs Sam another year before he gets to the NBA and costs the Baby Hauser, potentially, a year of eligibility.

Bottom line is that while I am critical of Coach Wojo for allowing this to fester, the Baby Hauser was a cancer that left untreated would have killed the team next year. I'm not confident that an attitude adjustment was in the works.

Ironically, if we apply the same benchmarks to Sam that we did to Henry Ellenson in evaluating whether Henry should have stayed or gone after his freshman year, the Baby Hauser's temper tantrum cost Sam, at minimum, tens of thousands of dollars and potentially hundreds of thousands in lost wages.

Way to go Baby Hauser. You left lots of crap in your wake.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2019, 08:35:01 PM »

1) The Baby Hauser is aggravated because he is not getting the Henry Ellenson treatment and believes he is the core around which the team should be built.

2) By late February, the Baby Hauser has convinced himself that the only thing between winning and losing at Marquette is making sure the Baby Hauser gets his "touches." He tries to instigate a rebellion and is somewhat unsuccessful.

3) We get clobbered against Murray State and the Baby Hauser blames Markus, forgetting that the whole team laid an egg.

4) Coaches see the Baby Hauser's court temperament, his poor defense and his freshmen mistakes and realize he is a "scratch and dent good."

5) The Baby Hauser is discretely told that his game has weaknesses and that there's work to do. He's a talented player but light years behind his brother. Coaches do not want the Baby Hauser unless they get Sam too.

6) The Baby Hauser probably has a less than satisfactory year-end meeting with Coach Wojo, where his weaknesses are clearly spelled out and his prescriptive steps outlined in detail. Nobody has ever talked to the Baby Hauser quite like I suspect Coach Wojo did.

7) Family being family, the Baby Hauser throws big brother under the bus in a massive transfer issue that costs Sam another year before he gets to the NBA and costs the Baby Hauser, potentially, a year of eligibility.

Bottom line is that while I am critical of Coach Wojo for allowing this to fester, the Baby Hauser was a cancer that left untreated would have killed the team next year. I'm not confident that an attitude adjustment was in the works.

Ironically, if we apply the same benchmarks to Sam that we did to Henry Ellenson in evaluating whether Henry should have stayed or gone after his freshman year, the Baby Hauser's temper tantrum cost Sam, at minimum, tens of thousands of dollars and potentially hundreds of thousands in lost wages.

People are going to believe what they want to believe, I guess.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2019, 08:40:51 PM »

Brother dgies,

You characterize this treatise as an "interesting theory". I'd say it's an entirely speculative, mean spirited, personal assault on a 19 or 20 year old kid who used to play for us. My "interesting theory" is that Joey took a sh!t in your Wheaties.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2019, 08:52:02 PM »
Brother dgies,

You characterize this treatise as an "interesting theory". I'd say it's an entirely speculative, mean spirited, personal assault on a 19 or 20 year old kid who used to play for us. My "interesting theory" is that Joey took a sh!t in your Wheaties.

True, the only thing we know as a fact is that Joey was a terrible basketball player on the basketball court for the last 2 months,.who should have spent much more time on the bench.

The explanation above is the better one for him - a new Gary Sheffield who dropped infield popups but after.leaving really works up to his potential and is really good elsewhere. As much as his continual soft bounce passes to opposing players game after.game looked like intentionally dropped I field popups, I do t really believe they were intentional, but the certainly didn't look like we're coming from a player working hard to win.

http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2019, 08:53:35 PM »
Brother dgies,

What Lenny said.  Pissing on Joey as speculation is pretty bad.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2019, 08:57:14 PM »
The story if true just seems to make the hauser brothers, joey in particular, look like soft entitled punks.  Step up and take charge of the game if that's what you think you are owed.  Sucks to lose them, Sam in particular, Joey will have a decent career in Europe or Asia.  Lets move on! Lets support those who actually want to play for the warriors!!!! Next man up.

Agreed, but will still always love what Sam gave us for three years and can't lump him together with Joey - and still stunned that a vocal minority blamed Markus instead of Joey's collapse for the end of season slide.

Siding with family is forgivable. Creighton this year, jumper over no.1 Nova - in my memory banks forever.

feedback