[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 316692 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2200 on: October 26, 2020, 08:29:37 PM »
You play football and have injuries from that or any other sport, forget it not covered.  You enjoy a little vitamin d but get skin cancer, that’s on you buddy!  That’s one of the silliest ideas I’ve ever heard here on a board with a lot of silly ideas.

So, those aren't bad habits in themselves.

But, for example, don't put on sunscreen when you're enjoying your vitamin D? That would be a risk increasing behavior

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2201 on: October 26, 2020, 08:31:52 PM »
From day 1 was wrong, should have went through the 8 months worth of comparative data more closely.  The reason I compared it to Minnesota was because you made a comment on how you’ve already explained this to me (only other time I discussed it with you was in reference to Wisconsin & Minnesota) and you argued then you got hit harder early which is why you have so many more deaths then Wisco does.  Which as the data shows just doesn’t hold up, unless the summer months are considered early I guess.

The June 1 numbers count cases that were contracted in April and May (through May 31). I don’t think those qualify as “summer months,“ especially here in Minnesota.

Since treatment continues to get better every single day, a 31% higher rate by June is significant when compared to the cases that started to spike in Wisconsin in September and October.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2202 on: October 26, 2020, 08:32:22 PM »

Years ago, I used to feel this way as well. But time has taught me that not all of our actions are as voluntary or easy to change as we would like to think. Unconscious memories, thoughts and feelings are powerful.

Even if we get past the humanistic/psychological argument, I just don’t see how this could be applied. I don’t smoke, almost never drink, exercise every single day and maintain a healthy weight. I never text and drive. Still, I probably don’t wear sunscreen as often as I should. And I often get impatient and drive faster than I should. Does that mean that I should pay more for my health insurance because I might get skin cancer? Or into a car accident? Do I get offsetting discounts for not smoking, rarely drinking, eating a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy weight? Do I have to pay more next year if I gain 15 pounds?

Insurance companies already make money too big of a factor in the healthcare system. Opening up this Pandora’s box would give them opportunities to arbitrarily raise policies in ways that most could never possibly untangle.

If you engage in behavior that demonstrably increases your risk toward problems, then yes, should increase costs or decrease coverage.

Opposite occurs if you engage in behaviors that are healthy/decrease risk

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2203 on: October 26, 2020, 08:37:28 PM »
If you engage in behavior that demonstrably increases your risk toward problems, then yes, should increase costs or decrease coverage.

Opposite occurs if you engage in behaviors that are healthy/decrease risk

Is someone going to track my sunscreen use? Are they going to put a GPS unit in my car to track my speed for purposes of health insurance premiums? How do I document my daily exercise? Is my handwritten log of biking mileage sufficient to demonstrate daily exercise? And do I get a bigger discount than someone who exercises every other day? Or who bikes daily, but puts in far less mileage?

Like I said, even if you can get past the humanistic/psychological issues, I just don’t see it being even remotely feasible.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2204 on: October 26, 2020, 08:37:46 PM »
Like I said, unpopular.

And, nearly impossible to judge/enforce.

Though I assume anyone who doesn't like my opinion is also against car insurance companies raising rates for drivers who get in frequent accidents?

No, getting in frequent accidents can be actuarially proven that you are a bad driver.

Getting lung cancer doesnt prove that you are a smoker.

It's not unpopular, it's flat out idiotic.  I thought you were a big government run health care guy.  Dont let the other libs on here find out, they'll kick you out of the biscuit club.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2205 on: October 26, 2020, 08:37:57 PM »
The June 1 numbers count cases that were contracted in April and May (through May 31). I don’t think those qualify as “summer months,“ especially here in Minnesota.

Since treatment continues to get better every single day, a 31% higher rate by June is significant when compared to the cases that started to spike in Wisconsin in September and October.

Ok, you are obviously incapable of admitting when you’re wrong, that’s fine.

Question I have for you.  Which was greater as of October 26th.  Your scoop posts or global Covid deaths?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2206 on: October 26, 2020, 08:43:25 PM »
Ok, you are obviously incapable of admitting when you’re wrong, that’s fine.

Question I have for you.  Which was greater as of October 26th.  Your scoop posts or global Covid deaths?

Why would I admit I’m wrong when I have proven that Minnesota’s case count was 31% higher than Wisconsin’s by the beginning of June?

I know you are regretting bringing Minnesota back into this discussion, but facts matter.

Have a nice evening, Jamie.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2207 on: October 26, 2020, 08:44:18 PM »

Is someone going to track my sunscreen use? Are they going to put a GPS unit in my car to track my speed for purposes of health insurance premiums? How do I document my daily exercise? Is my handwritten log of biking mileage sufficient to demonstrate daily exercise? And do I get a bigger discount than someone who exercises every other day? Or who bikes daily, but puts in far less mileage?

Like I said, even if you can get past the humanistic/psychological issues, I just don’t see it being even remotely feasible.

It's not feasible.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2208 on: October 26, 2020, 08:47:16 PM »
No, getting in frequent accidents can be actuarially proven that you are a bad driver.

Getting lung cancer doesnt prove that you are a smoker.

It's not unpopular, it's flat out idiotic.  I thought you were a big government run health care guy.  Dont let the other libs on here find out, they'll kick you out of the biscuit club.

Correct on the second sentence. But reverse the logic. Smoking does increase your risk for lung cancer (among other ailments)

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2209 on: October 26, 2020, 08:49:04 PM »

Why would I admit I’m wrong when I have proven that Minnesota’s case count was 31% higher than Wisconsin’s by the beginning of June?

I know you are regretting bringing Minnesota back into this discussion, but facts matter.

You as well Gooo. 

Can someone seriously explain this Jamie thing though? Is that like being called a Karen or something, I’ve literally never heard of someone calling anyone a Jamie.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2210 on: October 26, 2020, 08:51:19 PM »

Also aren’t you the poster that chased off our one legitimate insider for recruiting with Big Daddy awhile back?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2211 on: October 26, 2020, 08:52:06 PM »
So many possible jokes, but comparing Jamie to a Karen?   Close enough.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2212 on: October 26, 2020, 08:56:08 PM »
Can someone seriously explain this Jamie thing though? Is that like being called a Karen or something, I’ve literally never heard of someone calling anyone a Jamie.

Send a pm to WarriorDad. He might be able to seriously explain it to you.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2213 on: October 26, 2020, 09:38:03 PM »
You as well Gooo. 

You know the poster who chased off Big Daddy, but not the Jamie reference? What’s a Chicos?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2214 on: October 26, 2020, 09:46:40 PM »
You know the poster who chased off Big Daddy, but not the Jamie reference? What’s a Chicos?

Ya prior to all this Covid bickering I usually only paid attention to stuff that interested me (primarily recruiting news) on the hoops board.  So when big daddy got chased away it was hard to forget.

It was pretty easy to ignore the rest of the noise over there.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2215 on: October 26, 2020, 09:51:24 PM »
Also aren’t you the poster that chased off our one legitimate insider for recruiting with Big Daddy awhile back?

Wtf are you talking about?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2216 on: October 26, 2020, 09:58:11 PM »
Ya prior to all this Covid bickering I usually only paid attention to stuff that interested me (primarily recruiting news) on the hoops board.  So when big daddy got chased away it was hard to forget.

It was pretty easy to ignore the rest of the noise over there.

Lol.

So disingenuous.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2217 on: October 26, 2020, 10:09:30 PM »
Wtf are you talking about?

You know exactly what I’m talking about.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2218 on: October 26, 2020, 10:19:18 PM »

I don’t. Please explain. It’s obviously impossible for me to prove a negative, so I ask that you provide evidence of your claim. A post? Anything?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:30:13 PM by GooooMarquette »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2219 on: October 26, 2020, 10:52:25 PM »
So many possible jokes, but comparing Jamie to a Karen?   Close enough.

Hah.  Agreed, from henceforth being called a Jamie on 'scoop is equivalent to being called a Karen IRL.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2220 on: October 26, 2020, 11:02:17 PM »
Hoopaloop 2 was proven wrong. Yet like the original hoopy refused to acknowledge facts. Classic.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2221 on: October 26, 2020, 11:44:24 PM »
I don’t. Please explain. It’s obviously impossible for me to prove a negative, so I ask that you provide evidence of your claim. A post? Anything?

It’s one of his tactics, Goo.

A couple years ago, he accused me of calling his wife a liar. Obviously, he was making it up and couldn’t provide any post. That’s why I have nothing to do with him anymore. He simply comes here to argue. He’s not worth our time.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2222 on: October 27, 2020, 04:24:27 AM »

On so many levels, this is laughable.  Trust me, BD doesn’t get chased anywhere.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #2223 on: October 27, 2020, 09:20:33 AM »
I might have an unpopular opinion.

If you have a behavior or habit that contributes to you getting a disease/illness/ailment, your insurance shouldn't cover your treatment or should cover significantly less than the rest of the insured pool.

For example - smokers, poor eating habits, drug users, big-time drinkers, etc.

My company does this. We're a self funded health insurance since our company is over 500 people (almost all companies over 500 people are self funded). The only time actual health insurance comes into play is for major medical. Anyway, every year if you're a non smoker you get a discounted rate and you have access to the best plan. If you're healthy, get access to the best plan. If you're unhealthy, you can go through coaching to get access to the best plan. There are other incentives to better lifestyle choices that also get you funds towards your coverage.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #2224 on: October 27, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »
Got it. Thanks for clarifying and I apologize for an overreaction.

To clarify, she's not volunteering to go, she's being told to. She's going to a place where a majority of the citizens support the candidate who says about the numbers of deaths "it is what it is.'

You make an excellent point about rural health care. When my dad finished his residency over 40 years ago he was offered federal incentives in the form of loan forgiveness to relocate to a small rural town and join a newly established practice of three other GP's taking advantage of the same program. I don't know if there are similar programs in existence today but it would likely help alleviate the shortages for care were seeing in rural areas. Of course, it doesn't help in terms of facilities but it's a start.

They do still exist. A pharmacist friend of mine just got from 2.5 years in Alaska and now she has zero loan debt plus got paid a pretty penny to be stationed in some remote village.
But I like to throw handfuls...