[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mookie Jones -- MU in-home visit scheduled for 9/20  (Read 3075 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Mookie Jones -- MU in-home visit scheduled for 9/20
« on: September 08, 2007, 02:51:21 PM »
per Zags blog, Mookie has home visits this week with DePaul (Sept. 10), Rutgers (Sept. 11) and Syracuse (Sept. 13).

http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2007/09/down-to-the-wir.html

10 days of open recruiting........if TC is not in Peekskill, just yet, lets hope he's in Oak Park and suburban DC and Princeton, NJ
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:12:44 PM by NYWarrior »

Coobeys Oil Depot

Re: Mookie Jones -- no in-home visit with MU just yet
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:39:31 PM »
This recruitment doesn't make sense to me. Jones seems to be a talented kid whose making a hell of a jump in the eyes of the recruiting experts but he seems an odd choice for MU to pursue.

Seemingly, TC wants Shumpert at the 1 with Williams working the Matthews role of flexing between the off guard and 3 positions and rounding out the class with Ben-Eze in the middle. If he were to take a 4th (which I think is a real possibility) he has been looking at taller forward prospects in Woolridge, Swopshire, Crittle, and Goulbourne. With Jones listed at 6'6'' and most likely playing at 6'5'' if he were to land at MU (longshot I think) wouldn't that continue the criticism of TC in landing smaller sized recruits and playing them a bit out of position?

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 08:11:41 PM »
This recruitment doesn't make sense to me. Jones seems to be a talented kid whose making a hell of a jump in the eyes of the recruiting experts but he seems an odd choice for MU to pursue.

Seemingly, TC wants Shumpert at the 1 with Williams working the Matthews role of flexing between the off guard and 3 positions and rounding out the class with Ben-Eze in the middle. If he were to take a 4th (which I think is a real possibility) he has been looking at taller forward prospects in Woolridge, Swopshire, Crittle, and Goulbourne. With Jones listed at 6'6'' and most likely playing at 6'5'' if he were to land at MU (longshot I think) wouldn't that continue the criticism of TC in landing smaller sized recruits and playing them a bit out of position?

I'd take Jones over any of the other SFs that MU is recruiting....he's a leader, great nose for the ball, clutch and can flat out score.  6'5 or 6'6 -- that's trivial.  MU has Wesley at the SF most of the time now.  The kid is a player, and would be an ideal SF IMHO
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 08:15:24 PM by NYWarrior »

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 08:59:05 PM »
I think it may have to do with the fact that he is signifcantly higher rated.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 02:20:29 PM »

I'd take Jones over any of the other SFs that MU is recruiting....he's a leader, great nose for the ball, clutch and can flat out score.  6'5 or 6'6 -- that's trivial.  MU has Wesley at the SF most of the time now.  The kid is a player, and would be an ideal SF IMHO

Jones over all of them? Since you've seen them, how would you rank them? I don't think his height is trivial. Matthews is a good player who with the improvement expected this season will be a very good player. With that said, there are still some drawbacks to living and dying with him at the 3 and Hayward at the 4. Add in to that, we'll have Nick Williams coming in to takeover that Matthews spot alongside Hayward. I don't believe shooting is NW's specialty and wouldn't expect him to spend too much time at the off guard.

That leaves Matthews at the 3 for one more year with Williams behind him. If Jones were to come in you then have to fit that piece to the puzzle and if all of their reports are to be believed MU will continue to have one of the more dynamic backcourts/wings corps that can't shoot straight.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 05:29:14 AM »
Mookie is letting SJU back in - -  really enjoyed RU as well.......MU has in-home slated for 9/20

http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2007/09/st-johns-back-i.html
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:15:50 PM by NYWarrior »

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Mookie Jones -- SJU and RU in the mix
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 05:29:33 AM »