collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Elonsmusk
[Today at 08:19:42 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: iPhone question  (Read 595 times)

wadesworld

• All American
iPhone question
« on: November 15, 2023, 02:50:00 PM »
My sister, brother in law, and nephew were in the process of moving when I was last home and had me take pictures of them outside the house they were moving out of for them.  I texted the pictures to them in a group text and they just said thanks for sending them.  So after a few days I deleted the pictures from my iPhone and deleted them from my messages to save storage space (don't need to, but still in the habit from a couple iPhones ago when storage space became an issue).  Fast forward to a couple days ago and my sister asks me to send the pictures to her individually because the photos came through small and blurry (like I've seen in some group texts with videos).

They could easily ask the people who bought the house (I think it's a younger couple who have siblings that went to school with some of my siblings) to take a photo outside the house again, but between then and now their dog had to be put down and he was in the photos as well.

So as it stands, they both have the blurry, bad quality pictures and that's all.

Is there any way to get those back to the original quality without me having them on my phone anymore?  The one thing I was going to check is if it somehow got uploaded onto my personal MacBook at home automatically, because I did not manually upload them to a computer at all but am hoping against hope that maybe it got uploaded there?

I checked my iCloud account and the newest photo stored there is from 2020, so that doesn't seem to be the solution.

Any help would be awesome.  My best guess is I'm out of luck here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Coleman

• All American
Re: iPhone question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 02:55:35 PM »
Your best bet might be calling Apple support.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 03:06:52 PM »
If you deleted them in the last 6 weeks or so, they should still be available. Otherwise, you’re probably out of luck.

99 cents a month is a good investment to keep a current backup of your phone. Never know when it could die or get lost.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 03:12:58 PM »
Not an iphone user, but yeah, mr google seems to indicate that the "recently deleted" area of photos should keep stuff less than 30 days deleted. 

If you constantly wipe that too...well...good work and sorry.  Apple really needs to get on the RCS train to avoid the crappy quality pics/videos.  For my cross-phone ecosystem groups, I highly recommend using Signal.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 03:15:05 PM by rocky_warrior »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 03:14:57 PM »
Yeah it was about 2 weeks ago, but I deleted them from the Recently Deleted photos too.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 03:16:39 PM »
Not an iphone user, but yeah, mr google seems to indicate that the "recently deleted" area of photos should keep stuff less than 30 days deleted. 

If you constantly wipe that too...well...good work and sorry.  Apple really needs to get on the RCS train to avoid the crappy quality pics/videos.  For my cross-phone ecosystem groups, I highly recommend using Signal.

Just like USB charging, apple won't change unless mandated

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 03:21:11 PM »
Just like USB charging, apple won't change unless mandated

Agreed.  Hence...the Signal backup message app option.  Great way to keep in contact with your assassin friends too!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 03:57:52 PM »
Yeah it was about 2 weeks ago, but I deleted them from the Recently Deleted photos too.

Yeah, I always do that too. I also always think why am I doing this.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 04:18:55 PM »
Yeah, I always do that too. I also always think why am I doing this.

Yeah.  I think 2 iPhone generations ago I was running into storage issues so I was having to delete apps I didn't use often and photos/videos I didn't really need anymore, so it's just a habit at this point.  Don't need to do it anymore, but I just do.  This is the first time I'm regretting it.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2023, 06:00:17 PM »
Yeah.  I think 2 iPhone generations ago I was running into storage issues so I was having to delete apps I didn't use often and photos/videos I didn't really need anymore, so it's just a habit at this point.  Don't need to do it anymore, but I just do.  This is the first time I'm regretting it.
Buy the largest amount of monthly storage from apple. It is worth it. Then make sure the phone backs up frequently. 

Be careful what you delete, because if your devices are synced it will delete across devices.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

feedback