'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crushing, self-inflicted, disaster.  (Read 10177 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Crushing, self-inflicted, disaster.
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2022, 07:27:59 AM »
More concerned with beating Butler, DePaul, and St. John's first.

Butler just had a 23 point lead on us and followed that up by losing to St. John's by almost 40.

We may have built a safety net on the resume, but we aren't playing any better than those 3 right now.

I'll worry about the BET if we can make it there in good shape.

We will crush Butler. I can't wait to be part of the sold-out NMD crowd.

I'll worry about DePaul and St. John's after that.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

79Warrior

• All American
Re: Crushing, self-inflicted, disaster.
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2022, 10:58:21 AM »
While I would've liked Kolek in on the last play, I think Kalkbrenner is the reason he didn't really play in the second half. As I mentioned before the game, Creighton is a bad matchup because they are elite defending pick and roll. Tyler gets all his action off pick and roll, but Kalkbrenner kills him because he shuts down passing lanes with length and interior awareness and if Tyler drives to score, he gets smothered.

The biggest issue today is we probably locked ourselves into the 4/5 line in the BET and will see Creighton or UConn in the opener at MSG, which are our two worst matchups in the league.

Our best hope was wearing them down and it almost worked. We outscored them 20-10 from the 12-4 minute marks, but then turned it over twice and missed two no-footers while Creighton did just enough to escape. Probably needed some more press earlier.

Missed layups have been a problem all season. Make those and no need to focus on last play or two of the game.

feedback