Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: PTI - lots of Marquette stuff today  (Read 2242 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
PTI - lots of Marquette stuff today
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »
Role play with Tom Crean (face on a stick)

"Crean left Marquette and took a step up to the Big Ten, to the Big Time"....Wilbon said this, I wanted to puke.

They also evaluate our prognosis now that DJ is out 

"Crushing blow to him, he's a senior.  Crushing blow to Marquette"

Badgerhater920

• Starter
Re: PTI - lots of Marquette stuff today
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »
I didn't catch the show today, but I'm guessing Wilbon was being sarcastic? NW guy, but he's always known the little 11 sucks...

muPARTY

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 06:59:51 PM »
Around the Horn - talked about Calhoun.  topic was about how big the win was for UConn.  evreyone said it was a huge because of Marquette and it was away.  no mention of the DJ injury.

for the showdown, the last topic was which was a more impressive play:  some halftime trampoline dunker catching his chin on the rim HARD, the one handed dunk by the duke guy, or price doing the corssover with jerel falling victim to a sniper.  jackie mcmullen(sp?) picked the crossover.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 07:51:54 PM »
Around the Horn - talked about Calhoun.  topic was about how big the win was for UConn.  evreyone said it was a huge because of Marquette and it was away.  no mention of the DJ injury.

for the showdown, the last topic was which was a more impressive play:  some halftime trampoline dunker catching his chin on the rim HARD, the one handed dunk by the duke guy, or price doing the corssover with jerel falling victim to a sniper.  jackie mcmullen(sp?) picked the crossover.

No mention of Dyson out for UCONN either. Lets be fair. They are shorthanded also.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 05:57:25 AM »
Role play with Tom Crean (face on a stick)

"Crean left Marquette and took a step up to the Big Ten, to the Big Time"....Wilbon said this, I wanted to puke.

This was part of the "head on sticks" segment.  Wilbon was playing Tom Crean.

The question was essentially that now that IU sucks so bad that you're losing to NW in Alumni Hall and dressing a manager as a backup PG, are you sorry you left MU especially since they are a top 10 team?

Wilbon was trying to answer as Crean parodying his "It's Indiana" answer and saying he needs time.

I thought the fact that they asked the question reflected well on MU.  It is a question I've started threads about in the past ... does Crean feel like he made a mistake?  Well PTI just asked the same thing, did Crean make a mistake leaving MU for IU?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 11:25:39 AM »
I didn't catch the show today, but I'm guessing Wilbon was being sarcastic? NW guy, but he's always known the little 11 sucks...

In a sense, yes.  It was that silly role playing game they do so Wilbon was playing Tom Crean and answering as he would think Crean would answer.  It's Indiana, It's Indiana kind of thing.