[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Keefe & Goose  (Read 31886 times)

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: Keefe & Goose
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2014, 09:19:09 AM »
What about Hoiberg?  A good get?
Not sure about his coaching/recruiting ability, but there's a strong symbiotic relationship in Ames. I'd be shocked if he left that gig for anything short of a bona fide blue blood gig.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »
What about Hoiberg?  A good get?

Would be amazing. But he grew up in Ames, went to Iowa State and Big 12 > Big East. Not gonna happen. They call him the Mayor for cripes sake.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2014, 09:21:44 AM »
Word is he's waiting for an NBA gig too

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2014, 09:22:24 AM »
Or the NBA. T'Wolves were rumored to be interested in Hoiberg. Adelman's health is not great, he may not be back.

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2014, 09:23:39 AM »
lull before the storm

Didn't we have the storm before the lull? At this point, I'd go for partly cloudy with light winds from the west.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »
Let's think about what has/has not happened the last couple days (since Monday), in no particular order...

- New president announcement (with somewhat surprising timing)
- Utter silence from anyone at/associated with Marquette.
- Not even a rumble in 2 days about any other potential candidates.
- Utter silence relative to any other rumors...is the Wake Forest job even still open? Crickets regarding either candidate most here would like.
- A non-denial, denial from VCU's AD - "Shaka Smart is our Men's Basketball Coach."
- not a peep from Smart. When's the last time anyone's seen him?
- a contract the size that Smart, Howland or anyone in that class would require, sure seems like something the BOard and new Prez would need to sign off on, don't you think?

Draw your own conclusions, but I am choosing to conclude that it is likely a deal is in fact "done," but there is an awful lot that needs to be taken care of before anyone gets to know about it (see Monday, and USF if you have questions as to why).

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2014, 09:42:53 AM »
Let's think about what has/has not happened the last couple days (since Monday), in no particular order...

- Utter silence relative to any other rumors...is the Wake Forest job even still open? Crickets regarding either candidate most here would like.
- A non-denial, denial from VCU's AD - "Shaka Smart is our Men's Basketball Coach."
- a contract the size that Smart, Howland or anyone in that class would require, sure seems like something the BOard and new Prez would need to sign off on, don't you think?

Draw your own conclusions, but I am choosing to conclude that it is likely a deal is in fact "done," but there is an awful lot that needs to be taken care of before anyone gets to know about it (see Monday, and USF if you have questions as to why).

Good ol' fashion logic.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2014, 09:54:41 AM »

A deal was not done as of 8:45 PM last night. It didn't sound like it was close either, but maybe "close" is a relative term here and things move quicker that it sounded like they would.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »
Navin

Like the way you think. Looks like all parties involved are doing what is needed and not allowing leaks. I think no news is good news.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:12:21 AM by Goose »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2014, 10:08:35 AM »
A deal was not done as of 8:45 PM last night. It didn't sound like it was close either, but maybe "close" is a relative term here and things move quicker that it sounded like they would.
Is it possible all new info is on complete lock so even your sources and other's sources aren't getting the leak?
No Finish Line

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2014, 10:16:46 AM »
Is it possible all new info is on complete lock so even your sources and other's sources aren't getting the leak?

I don't have any direct knowledge, but I yhink its safe to assume everyone at MU has been threatened with their jobs if they are found to leak anything.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »

From where it is coming from, no.  Now again, I have never been involved in a Division 1 college basketball coaching search, so I don't know how quickly it can go from not being that close to an agreement to having an agreement done.  I'm guessing it can go pretty quickly.  But as of last night there was no agreement (well, at least with Shaka, and I know there was still a list, so I'm assuming if a list is still necessary there isn't a coach who has agreed to take the job).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:21 AM »
Never stop recruitin'.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
I don't have any direct knowledge, but I yhink its safe to assume everyone at MU has been threatened with their jobs if they are found to leak anything.

Barium meals.  Could be how some news outlets had the wrong president reported.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2014, 11:59:46 AM »
Really quiet but I did get a cryptic, "Patiece."

Death on call

Goose

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2014, 12:01:22 PM »
Keefe

The A game continues!!!

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2014, 12:10:22 PM »
Really quiet but I did get a cryptic, "Patiece."

According to Google, "Patiece"means "thanked" in Latvian.   ?-(
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2014, 12:44:10 PM »
Keefe, Goose, & Shaw

Keefe: Were you or your loved ones recently hurt in a hit and run by a used car salesman?
Goose: Have you experienced dimensia and bewilderment as a result of a televangelist father figure?

[Shaw walks in the office reading a binder.  Looks up]

Shaw: Have you suffered nausea, vomitting, and stomach pain at the hands of a phony barbecue cook?

[camera turns slowly toward former Packer Darius Holland and former Buck Shawn Respert]

Holland: Have you, your family, or your conference mates been the victim of libel by a rotund charlatan?
Respert: That's right, Darius.  Don't let a thin-skinned bald man pull the hokie-doke on you--call Keefe, Goose, & Shaw at 455-8000, that's 455-8000 [Goose sternly points at the camera].  Let them guide you through your rough times.

[camera zooms out from a bird's eye view as lawyers and athletes stare up at it, Goose still pointing sternly at it]

This is so good I'm sad that the only audience for it was on an Internet message board! Great work. Very funny.
We Are Marquette

cj111

• Starter
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »
According to Google, "Patiece"means "thanked" in Latvian.   ?-(

So this is the impact hire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ainars_Bagatskis.    Done Deal.  Well done, MU, for keeping the secret so well.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »
This is so good I'm sad that the only audience for it was on an Internet message board! Great work. Very funny.

Your repost made me read it again and once more I laughed aloud. Classic stuff. Gems like this are simply not tolerated on the other boards.

MU Scoop. God help me but I love it so...

Death on call

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2014, 01:22:35 PM »
Just so happens I'm a lawyer. Great stuff. Come to think of it, not that happy art my current gig. Wonder if K G & S is something that should be explored?

I'm just bout dat action, boss.

feedback