collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2016  (Read 169408 times)

drewm88

• All American
Re: MLB 2016
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2016, 03:24:34 PM »
It's tough to keep Baez and Szczur off the field right now.  I know that Soler needs AB's to keep developing, but people forgot too quickly what Baez was supposed to be and some of that is starting to surface.
Also. We need to just start Hammel pitching in mid-August next season.

Just got a lot easier. Szczur to the DL. Ryan Kalish called up, disappointing all fans of the Murt.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2016, 04:08:15 PM »
Sox release Danks. A nice surprise

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2016, 11:56:42 PM »
Sox release Danks. A nice surprise

Yes indeed. Was at the game tonight - love the way we're pitching it and catching it - and Abreu looks like he's out of hid funk.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2016, 07:15:28 AM »
Sox tickets for Royals game 5/22?

Didn't want to start a stand alone thread because i'm assuming cricket chirps but figured i'd check here before hitting SubHub.

Taking the family up to Chicago for a long weekend and the Royals happen to be in town so we're hitting a day game - if anyone is looking to sell tickets in a family friendly area (i don't want my kids to get beer thrown at them for wearing Royals jerseys) let me know.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2016, 09:02:27 AM »
Just got a lot easier. Szczur to the DL. Ryan Kalish called up, disappointing all fans of the Murt.

Saw that.  Too bad for Szczur. He was finally finding some sustained success.  Hopefully he'll be back soon.
I remember Kalish in his first run with the team and how disappointing that was.  Supposedly he's made some changes with his swing and is healthy. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2016, 10:21:44 AM »
Yes indeed. Was at the game tonight - love the way we're pitching it and catching it - and Abreu looks like he's out of hid funk.

With 6 multi-hit games in his last 7, I feel pretty comfortable agreeing with you there.  I can't help but feeling like we will see a power binge from him in the near future.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2016, 05:54:17 PM »
Cubs sweep the Pirates to open up a 6 game lead, outscoring them 20 - 5 in the series.  Big 4 game series coming up against the Nats. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2016, 11:42:54 PM »
With 6 multi-hit games in his last 7, I feel pretty comfortable agreeing with you there.  I can't help but feeling like we will see a power binge from him in the near future.

Went deep tonight in a loss to Boson.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2016, 07:27:58 AM »
Cubs sweep the Pirates to open up a 6 game lead, outscoring them 20 - 5 in the series.  Big 4 game series coming up against the Nats.

Nats look good. This series should be a good one. The Mets are also surging.  Thankfully Washington and NY are in the same division and can fight it out.
I wouldn't be surprised to see some real inflated records this year.  There has been a lot more parody in the last few seasons than there had been for a long time, but there seem to be high number of teams who are just throwing anybody out on the field........ and MLB wants to expand.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2016, 02:39:52 PM »
Halos....3 starting pitchers gone already.  Brutal.

People actually talking about trading Trout

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »
Halos....3 starting pitchers gone already.  Brutal.

People actually talking about trading Trout

Obviously it's difficult to get appropriate value for a player of that caliber.  But based on the talent on the MLB team, the money tied up in guys like Pujols, and the awful farm system, isn't it something that they at least have to discuss?

I just think it's unlikely they and another team could actually come to an agreement. 

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2016, 04:22:56 PM »
Obviously it's difficult to get appropriate value for a player of that caliber.  But based on the talent on the MLB team, the money tied up in guys like Pujols, and the awful farm system, isn't it something that they at least have to discuss?

I just think it's unlikely they and another team could actually come to an agreement.

He's only 24. It would be crazy.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2016, 04:37:12 PM »
He's only 24. It would be crazy.

I don't necessarily think it would be crazy.  If he plays on mediocre teams for the next four years he may bolt when he hits free agency.  I think it's extremely unlikely but to not even consider it would be a mistake.  Anaheim doesn't seem close to competing over the next few years.  Ultimately I don't think he's going anywhere because it would be too difficult for teams to agree on what his value is.   

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2016, 06:10:11 PM »
I don't necessarily think it would be crazy.  If he plays on mediocre teams for the next four years he may bolt when he hits free agency.  I think it's extremely unlikely but to not even consider it would be a mistake.  Anaheim doesn't seem close to competing over the next few years.  Ultimately I don't think he's going anywhere because it would be too difficult for teams to agree on what his value is.   

It would be crazy.  Did you know that by the end of this season, it is possible that he has the highest WAR for a player through 24.  OF ALL TIME.  He is under team control for what, 4-5 more years?  The Angels have a ton of money coming off the books next year, and more the year after.  And prospects don't pan out.  How did getting Cam Maybin and Andrew Miller for Cabrera work out?  It is crazy.  Unless they get, like Harvey, and Syndergaard and Conforto.  Is that enough?  I don't even know.  It is Mike Trout.  He has been the best player in the game since the day he arrived.  He is still what, 3 years from his prime.  He could still be getting better.  There is no way they get better by trading him.  Maybe their farm gets better, but I don't see how trading him gets them closer to a World Series. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2016, 07:04:48 PM »
It would be crazy.  Did you know that by the end of this season, it is possible that he has the highest WAR for a player through 24.  OF ALL TIME.  He is under team control for what, 4-5 more years?  The Angels have a ton of money coming off the books next year, and more the year after.  And prospects don't pan out.  How did getting Cam Maybin and Andrew Miller for Cabrera work out?  It is crazy.  Unless they get, like Harvey, and Syndergaard and Conforto.  Is that enough?  I don't even know.  It is Mike Trout.  He has been the best player in the game since the day he arrived.  He is still what, 3 years from his prime.  He could still be getting better.  There is no way they get better by trading him.  Maybe their farm gets better, but I don't see how trading him gets them closer to a World Series.

You're missing the point. I'm not saying it's the right decision and it's extremely unlikely but it is crazy to not explore it.

They have one of the worst, if not the worst, farm system in baseball. They don't have much young, impact talent at the major league level. Their two best arms are now hurt. They have money tied up in mediocre, aging players.

And who cares if they have money coming off the books? So they can spend it on more players who are past their primes? And they'd really have to overpay to get players to come to a mediocre team.

They'd have to get young major league talent and prospects. It won't happen but I think they're in such bad shape that there's no harm in exploring it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2016, 08:22:14 PM »
Sox tickets for Royals game 5/22?

Didn't want to start a stand alone thread because i'm assuming cricket chirps but figured i'd check here before hitting SubHub.

Taking the family up to Chicago for a long weekend and the Royals happen to be in town so we're hitting a day game - if anyone is looking to sell tickets in a family friendly area (i don't want my kids to get beer thrown at them for wearing Royals jerseys) let me know.

The tv in the hotel room is probably your best bet. Comiskey  is not a nice place.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2016, 08:28:11 PM »
The tv in the hotel room is probably your best bet. Comiskey  is not a nice place.

Really...It's a fine area of the city. Just because it's the south side doesn't mean it's a bad place. They really built that area up.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2016, 11:28:32 PM »
Really...It's a fine area of the city. Just because it's the south side doesn't mean it's a bad place. They really built that area up.

Have you been to comiskey? Place is a trash pool with people throwing beer off the upper decks and trying to start fights.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2016, 11:33:00 PM »
Have you been to comiskey? Place is a trash pool with people throwing beer off the upper decks and trying to start fights.

Plenty of times. Even there for a Cubs/Sox game and didn't see that crap from either fan base.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2016, 11:57:17 PM »

Was there tonight as I've been about 1,200 times before.

I feel like I've been missing out on this kind of excitement you're talking about. We must go to different games or something.

I've totally been missing the opportunity to dump my $9.50 beers off the upper deck. Will have to go next week and try that. Apparently it's a tradition I was unaware of.

But there is first place baseball on both sides of town. Soak it in while it lasts, as you would a beer poured on you from the upper deck
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 11:59:07 PM by MUsoxfan »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2016, 05:10:00 AM »

Which happens everywhere.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2016, 07:33:37 AM »
IMO I have seen more fan unpleasantness at and around Wrigley than I have at and around Comiskey. 

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2016, 08:14:28 PM »
The Cell is a great park, especially for families. A ton to do and see there. I've befriended a lot of people in the Sox marketing office, they will go out of their way to make sure it's a great experience if you stop by the office behind home plate on the 100 level concourse.

Cubs/Sox crowd/attendance/stadium arguments are so tiresome. There are 2 great ballparks in Chicago, each offers a different experience. Both teams are great this season so far, no matter who you cheer for, you should enjoy it and relish in it. This is beyond rare. I'm a Sox fan, but have no issue complimenting the Cubs incredible run, just awesome.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »

I miss old McCuddy's too

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2016, 09:17:16 PM »
The uniforms worn throughout baseball today for Mother's Day were sweeeeet.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter