collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2016  (Read 169401 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: MLB 2016
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2016, 10:15:50 PM »
That isn't Crane's job. Crane is in charge of business operations. Not stadium operations.

Rice reports to Crane...

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/team/front_office.jsp?c_id=chc

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2016, 10:17:10 PM »
Rice reports to Crane...

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/team/front_office.jsp?c_id=chc

Be honest, you had no idea who Carl Rice was before you looked it up.

Based on your logic it's Tom Ricketts fault.

Were these lines on the third base or first base side?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:21:04 PM by TallTitan34 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2016, 10:18:36 PM »

Did this man kill your wife?

Did he switch the samples?

Did he falsify reports so Devlin MacGregor could give you Provasic?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2016, 10:32:37 PM »
What operations cluster?

Security lines were actually good, although long.  Considering this is new.  Have heard bleachers going well.  Traffic worse than it ever was...which may be expected.

Field side bathrooms were ridiculous, on the other hand.  Men's rooms were a half block long inside...literally three innings...backing up traffic flow completely. Women's slightly better at two innings. As soon as you were done, you had the joy of fighting the bathroom jam to get in the food line.  Another two innings fighting the bath room overflow lines that get into the food line for a shriveled up hot dog and slow motion service. I never had a beer, and spent five innings of the game under the grandstand. Only beer and super rope vendors in stands.

Worst fan venue in the major leagues still despite the nostalgia.  I am hoping triangle construction eases the absolute cluster with the expanded space and reconfigured operations.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2016, 10:33:41 PM »

Did this man kill your wife?

Did he switch the samples?

Did he falsify reports so Devlin MacGregor could give you Provasic?

Lol.  Well known ass wipe.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2016, 10:34:38 PM »
Crane was kept after the Ricketts bought the company to be the "bad guy" when it came to all the neghiborhood politics. He had a bad reputation (rightfully so) from his role when the Tribune owned it.

He's actually done a very good job now that he's stayed out of the baseball side of things.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2016, 10:36:09 PM »
Security lines were actually good, although long.  Considering this is new.  Have heard bleachers going well.  Traffic worse than it ever was...which may be expected.

Field side bathrooms were ridiculous, on the other hand.  Men's rooms were a half block long inside...literally three innings...backing up traffic flow completely. Women's slightly better at two innings. As soon as you were done, you had the joy of fighting the bathroom jam to get in the food line.  Another two innings fighting the bath room overflow lines that get into the food line for a shriveled up hot dog and slow motion service. I never had a beer, and spent five innings of the game under the grandstand. Only beer and super rope vendors in stands.

Worst fan venue in the major leagues still despite the nostalgia.  I am hoping triangle construction eases the absolute cluster with the expanded space and reconfigured operations.

Were you on the third base or first base side?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:37:56 PM by TallTitan34 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2016, 10:37:40 PM »

I was just shocked since I've heard and experienced the opposite of that thus far.

Maybe they had issues on Saturday? First base side?

I was quite impressed how well security went for the first game as well.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2016, 10:42:30 PM »
Concourse renovations have only begun on the third base side. To this point the only real concourse work that has been completed is new steel and concrete. They have added some bathrooms (but not all) and have yet to complete the non-structural renovations (concessions, shops, etc).

Very little work has been done on the first base side.

The only portion of the stadium that is complete is the bleachers. (Not counting future connections to grandstands and light towers). That would probably be your best reference for what the completed Wrigley will look like.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2016, 10:45:15 PM »
Here's some photos of the completed bleachers.  Rest of the stadium will soon follow.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2016/4/12/11413056/wrigley-field-2016-renovations-spectacular#6423275 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2016, 11:03:07 PM »
On third base for seats but walked through first.  Both as bad, but hopefully the future phases will improve this.  Food operations have always been bad with the old caverns under the third base side and food prep stations confined.  This will get better in the future, I hope, although the Cubs have always been bad in Food Service.

Besides the facilities, which were stressed, why sell SRO seats at this time?  Handicap accessibility very poor as well with construction. Surprised the city even permitted them.  Maybe it was a bad day, they were short of seasonal staff, but it was clear they were not ready.

Arizona was very well done, btw.  Well laid out for today's fan.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2016, 11:05:44 PM »

The concourse is not done yet. If you spent 5 innings under the grandstand that's poor planning on your part. And while the food isn't great definite improvements have already been made.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2016, 11:08:34 PM »
The concourse is not done yet. If you spent 5 innings under the grandstand that's poor planning on your part. And while the food isn't great definite improvements have already been made.

Me and 20,000 other fans...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2016, 08:24:38 AM »
This surprises me because last year the media was all over the three inning delays people had but there was no mention of anything this weekend.

In addition, we were there for a larger crowd on Opening Night with no issues except some long security lines.

I just asked a guy I worked with if he had any issues in the game he went to on Sunday and he had no delays either.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2016, 09:07:25 AM »
Me and 20,000 other fans...

I was there opening night and it was packed.  I got food prior to the game starting and was able to use the bathroom a couple of times and only miss a batter or two each inning because of how I timed it. (I was in section 122, I believe).  Granted, if it is someone who can't move as quickly that could be an issue so my apologies if that's the case. 

I just have a hard time seeing missing more than half the game, even though there are still clearly improvements to be made. 

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2016, 11:52:49 AM »
I truly do not understand the vitriol directed at Heyward.  How was he in any way beholden to resign with the Cardinals?  He gave his all when he played for them for the ONE year he was on the team.  Didn't verbally agree to resign with them as far as I remember.  He decided to go elsewhere.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2016, 12:03:02 PM »
I truly do not understand the vitriol directed at Heyward.  How was he in any way beholden to resign with the Cardinals?  He gave his all when he played for them for the ONE year he was on the team.  Didn't verbally agree to resign with them as far as I remember.  He decided to go elsewhere.

Shhh, don't question the best fans in baseball, they're never wrong.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2016, 05:37:14 PM »

Its honestly the funniest in a line of hypocritical Cardinals fanship.  He was traded to the Cardinals, played there for a season and in his first chance at free agency ever, chose to go to a fun young team with title aspirations.  Wasn't home grown, didn't jump ship after loyalty...more like he spent a year there and realized he didn't like STL and GTFO of Dodge.

Also, insert joke about Lackey feeling the need to get new veneers on his teeth upon arrival in a major market.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2016, 05:54:26 PM »
Shhh, don't question the best fans in baseball, they're never wrong.

Cardinals fans are idiots and all, but they're hardly alone in this particular example of said idiocy.
Perhaps Cubs fans ought to be reminded of the treatment Greg Maddux received upon his return to Wrigley after signing with the Braves.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2016, 06:49:31 PM »
Cardinals fans are idiots and all, but they're hardly alone in this particular example of said idiocy.
Perhaps Cubs fans ought to be reminded of the treatment Greg Maddux received upon his return to Wrigley after signing with the Braves.

To be fair, Maddux was homegrown, played 7 years, and was coming off a Cy Young and his contract talks weren't particularly pleasant.  Couple that with opening the very next season at Wrigley on opening day.

Every team has idiot fans, the circumstances of this particular bit of Cardinals garbage is whats amusing.  It would be like the Brewers fans going crazy when Sabathia came back to town.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2016, 09:04:44 PM »
I was there opening night and it was packed.  I got food prior to the game starting and was able to use the bathroom a couple of times and only miss a batter or two each inning because of how I timed it. (I was in section 122, I believe).  Granted, if it is someone who can't move as quickly that could be an issue so my apologies if that's the case. 

I just have a hard time seeing missing more than half the game, even though there are still clearly improvements to be made.

No problem or offense on the bluster.  Part of the fun on Scoop and I don't ever take personally...and I give and get good-naturedly.

Love the design of Wrigley although the physical plant limits what can be done...and the design gets all it can out of it.  Would have been better to shave off the upper deck, though, although protected. 

I have professional experience with the operations of Wrigley and the know the catacombs on the left field side well. This round of construction included improvements here to food operations...it didn't improve things.  It is a mess for food.  It won't get better as it is limited.  And the Cubs put their $$ in the wrong place here, IMO.  Get used to shriveled sausage.  BeeJay has.

Liquor and beer is better.  But, why "cash only" at kiosks?  Why not wireless for vendors like on the airplanes? Really?...god invented the wireless Internet and debit card, why can't they figure that out?

Troughs versus ceramic?  Ginger vs. Mary Ann? Troughs is the answer.  In defense, the port-o-potties for field side on opening day, were not available on Saturday.  Seems like they readjusted on Sunday.  Good for Cubs.  Crane was getting it Saturday.

Special needs?  If the Cubs permitted Handicap Entrance is the Captain Morgan's corner, with the Traffic Cop Skin Heads using eff bombs in front of kids to ask why it is taking so long to unload wheelchairs, then so be it.

Bleachers Rock.  Clearly only major incremental improvement so far besides clubhouses.  Those in line for five innings agree (no bluster, btw, for once).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:13:13 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

feedback