[Today at 01:18:15 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:56:05 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Calling all Canadians  (Read 1294 times)

The Lens

• All American
Calling all Canadians
« on: March 02, 2017, 03:37:00 PM »
Next week I will be in Whistler, BC while the BET is going on.  Any tips on catching the broadcasts?

A few questions:

Does Canada have TV?
Does Canada have FS1?
Does Canada have a channel that shows FS1 game or Big East games etc?

I'm sure I can find something online but hope to be watching during Après–ski.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Benny B

• All American
Re: Calling all Canadians
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 03:53:54 PM »
1) Yes, but HD up there is only 660p with today's conversion rate.

2) Orginally they did, but because the fox is not native to Canada, they decided to brand it with the native beaver instead.  But neither the name or the call sign went over very well with the screeners, so they just ended up scrapping it altogether.

3) The do show Big East games, but that means the Newfoundland vs. Nova Scotia curling championships this time of year.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 04:14:12 PM »
1) Yes, but HD up there is only 660p with today's conversion rate.

2) Orginally they did, but because the fox is not native to Canada, they decided to brand it with the native beaver instead.  But neither the name or the call sign went over very well with the screeners, so they just ended up scrapping it altogether.

3) The do show Big East games, but that means the Newfoundland vs. Nova Scotia curling championships this time of year.

Benny, I get that is your thing and all but I could give a rip about Newfoundland vs. Nova Scotia, I'm a Prince Edwards Island guy so get serious and let me know how I can see their match or stay out of the thread. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »
FS1 isn't available in Canada.  Only NCAA games you'll be able to see in the GWN are what's on CBS or FOX... so Seton Hall vs. Butler will have to suffice.

You can try the Fox Sports Go app, but its functionality outside the US is unknown to me.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:17:51 PM »
FS1 isn't available in Canada.  Only NCAA games you'll be able to see in the GWN are what's on CBS or FOX... so Seton Hall vs. Butler will have to suffice.

You can try the Fox Sports Go app, but its functionality outside the US is unknown to me.

Sounds to me that your advice is skip my wife's incentive trip and set up shop at Schoolyard in Chicago.  Ok fine, I'm in. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 11:40:47 PM »
Sounds to me that your advice is skip my wife's incentive trip and set up shop at Schoolyard in Chicago.  Ok fine, I'm in.

Foxsports go app, use a VPN that makes it look like you are in the US.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 06:51:15 AM »
Foxsports go app, use a VPN that makes it look like you are in the US.

Does that mean I shouldn't use the hotels wifi to stream?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »
Does that mean I shouldn't use the hotels wifi to stream?

Nah, that shouldnt matter with a VPN.

burger

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 01:26:56 PM »
Always have an Amazon Fire Box with KODI loaded on it.....

Just plug into the hotels WIFI or Wired network if available.....

Easy peasy......

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 12:58:21 AM »
So I've figured out a VPN app that allows me to watch FOX sports Go.  The crazy part is our hotel (Four Seasons) has FS1 on the cable package but all it does is replay TSN in SD.  And to make matters worse, the hotel TV offers Big Ten Network.    No ESPN, no actual FS1 and no CBS but we get Big Ten.  Unreal. 

My plan for tomorrow is to ski and then stream the 2nd half on my phone over lunch. 

Go MU.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 07:50:31 AM »
Wait ..FS1 is replaying a different network?   

Canadians got their wires mixed up, man.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 08:09:06 AM »
So I've figured out a VPN app that allows me to watch FOX sports Go.  The crazy part is our hotel (Four Seasons) has FS1 on the cable package but all it does is replay TSN in SD.  And to make matters worse, the hotel TV offers Big Ten Network.    No ESPN, no actual FS1 and no CBS but we get Big Ten.  Unreal. 

My plan for tomorrow is to ski and then stream the 2nd half on my phone over lunch. 

Go MU.

Have you spoken to the concierge about this? 

Seriously, for the kind of dough you have to shell out at the Four Seasons, they ought to figure something out for you.  I just saw a bill for a meeting my organization had there, and they charged us $105 for an urn of coffee.  If you can't even get basic cable for you, that's a problem.
Have some patience, FFS.