[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: TC  (Read 2341 times)

The Lens

• All American
TC
« on: March 29, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »
Feel free to merge this into another thread but I saw this on peegs and thought it summed up my beliefs on TC perfectly;

--------------

One thing I would like to see Crean drop going forward is the whole "look at where we came from" type attitude.  Most real IU fans know what kind of situation he inherited coming in.  It is that type of attitude from our head coach that led to a silly net cutting, trophy ceremony for a title after a loss and led IMO to a sense of contentment/satisfaction instead of hunger, focus and energy for a natl title run. 

This is Indiana.  It is and always will be a basketball school.  The campus is beautiful and the state consistently produces some of the best talent.  Celebrating, hyping every small accomplishment is cheapens the brand.

--------

No truer words have been spoken.  He took a GREAT job, a job better than MU.  You don't need to tell everyone that when you inherited a 14-4 Big Ten team that those kids were poor students who smoked weed, we know that.  Grow up and act like a man.

At a pre season practice this year Buzz said the Sweet 16 was no longer good enough.  Would TC ever place that pressure on himself?  Doubtful.  He is a little man,
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

HoopsMalone

• All American
Re: TC
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:16 AM »
Judging from all the IU fans I know, its safe to say that Crean now has big school, big salary expectations.  They do like him, and he is no where close to being fired, but "rebuilding" the program doesn't matter anymore.  Those fans want winning now. 

I thought his game plan was pathetic last night.  That kid Zeller is taking a lot of heat, but I blame Crean.  Zeller should not have been at the high post for as much as he was with Olidepo (sp?) and Watford on the floor.  Those two big, skilled players should have been at the high post against the zone making plays with Zeller on the baseline.  Zeller could have done a lot of damage rebounding and playing high/low if used properly.

It's like Crean convinced himself that Zeller is Chris Bosh.  The kid has talent, but this was not the year to feature him as the playmaker against the zone.  Crean put Zeller in a tough spot and now Zeller looks bad.  It reminded me of how Crean used to put Dom James in tough spots and have him take too many shots.  Dom used to frustrate the fanbase here, but in reality he was just doing what his coach wanted him to do. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 12:31:06 AM »
The next time he says "Look where we came from" I'm gonna pull out the preseason rankings and the weekly rankings that had them #1...then show him the Box Score of the Cuse game with "FAIL" written across it.
SS Marquette

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:42:17 PM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:56:09 AM »
The guy is just weird...

https://twitter.com/tomcrean/status/319250014427811840

I love the first reply to this...

"@TomCrean So you're saying it would be good to get more than zero points from your starting backcourt? Good plan."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »
Has the Bronzed Beast of Bloomington tweeted anything today? Just curious where his mind is at on this most bittersweet of days.

"I coulda been 'da champ!"

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
Probably takin' credit for UL's win
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 11:44:20 PM »
The guy is just weird...

https://twitter.com/tomcrean/status/319250014427811840
i don't think he gets another year out of playing the Wade card without it being laughable. Unless he brings that sort of success to IU which IU fan would be comforted knowing Crean brought a really great player to another school?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »
Did you see the last tweet in that link?

Someone referenced CTC!!! Lol
SS Marquette