[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Q: What did Richie Daley say to Barack Obama?  (Read 2120 times)

The Lens

• All American
Q: What did Richie Daley say to Barack Obama?
« on: October 02, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »
A: If I wanted to go out in the first round I would have brought Tom Crean over.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Q: What did Richie Daley say to Barack Obama?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:01:25 PM »

The best one I saw on the Chicago Tribune today.  "The EGO has landed"   followed by "Blame it on Rio" and "Blame it on Zero"

;D

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 03:32:08 PM »
Sounds like Chicago's presentation lacked organization and the best part was actually the Obamas.  I question bringing Oprah over there.  Classic Americanism of not appreciating our truth place in the world.

I actually give more credit to Obama now that it lost.  Nice to see him attach his name to something that wasn't a slamdunk, he'll lose some political capital for this and for some reason I respect that.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 03:36:20 PM »

The best one I saw on the Chicago Tribune today.  "The EGO has landed"   followed by "Blame it on Rio" and "Blame it on Zero"

;D

So you are happy that the US lost the bid because the president tried to help?

Ease up on the bitterness fellas.

Not everything in life is about what side of the aisle you sit on. That goes for both parties.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »
I'm happy they lost because I thought it was a bad idea. President Obama embarrassing himself and losing more political clout in the process is a bonus.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 04:06:23 PM »
There's really only two scenarios...

1. They thought this thing was more or less in the bag, and the President went over there to get credit for it to try to build up his rapidly diminishing clout.

2. They knew they were in trouble and the President thought he could go over there and use his words and 'presence' to wow the committee and pull victory from the jaws of defeat (Too bad the committee wasn't made up of college students).

I'm not sure which is worse. Number 1 demonstrates he has surrounded himself with very bad handlers and advisers. Number 2 demonstrates tremendous arrogance and naivety, that is very dangerous in matters of more importance than the Olympics.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »
So you are happy that the US lost the bid because the president tried to help?

Ease up on the bitterness fellas.

Not everything in life is about what side of the aisle you sit on. That goes for both parties.

Those logos came from the Chicago tribune where their readers were posting on the blogs.  Am I happy the US lost the bid...no.  Am I happy Chicago lost it...well, honestly, yes.  The arrogance of Chicago (the machine, not the people) and of the leaders supporting this, well yeah...I kind of enjoy the smackdown.  For all of the "arrogance" of the USA I heard about often over the years, I've never quite seen so many arrogant folks from the current machine...it's a new level of arrogance and elitism.  Their crap don't stink, but it sure did today.  Yes, I'm enjoying it.

This never felt like the US was bidding for this.  It was Chicago Chicago Chicago and the notion they had it in the bag was permeating everything.  

Good for RIO.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 04:47:24 PM »
There's really only two scenarios...

1. They thought this thing was more or less in the bag, and the President went over there to get credit for it to try to build up his rapidly diminishing clout.

2. They knew they were in trouble and the President thought he could go over there and use his words and 'presence' to wow the committee and pull victory from the jaws of defeat (Too bad the committee wasn't made up of college students).

I'm not sure which is worse. Number 1 demonstrates he has surrounded himself with very bad handlers and advisers. Number 2 demonstrates tremendous arrogance and naivety, that is very dangerous in matters of more importance than the Olympics.

The precedent has been set that heads of state attend the final presentation for their country....period.  Every other country's leader was there as well....are they all arrogant and naive?

It's clear that nobody involved in the US bid had any clue which direction this was going to go.  IMO, this vote was determined before anyone arrived in Copenhagen....if you think otherwise you haven't been following along.  It's a completely non-transparent, subjective and emotional decision.  North America has 4 voting members out of 100, Madrid received the most votes in round 1, etc.

The fact that South America has never hosted an Olympics was a huge factor.  For people here to take enjoyment from the US not getting the games because it was Chicago is ridiculous...although I imagine those same people were happy when New York didn't get them either.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 04:49:35 PM »
I swear that some people who align themseleve with certain sides of the aisle would rather see the other side fail than see America succeed (this goes for both sides).  If you didn't think Chicago should get the bid due to finances, public transportation woes, corruption, or other pertinent issues, that's fine, you are entitled to you opinion, especially if you can make a logical argument.

However, to rejoice that the US didn't get the bid because of the delegation that went to Copenhagen or how Chicago marketed the games; well, that's just plain silliness/bitterness/stupidity (take your pick).

feedback