[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Floor seats at the allstate horizon?  (Read 2690 times)

fiskadoro

• Walk-On
Floor seats at the allstate horizon?
« on: December 27, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »

Thinking about the going to the game vs. DePaul, like to know if anyone has had the floor seats under the basket. On stubhub they are section 7. Does anyone know, are these folding chairs, and how is the view? I imagine when the teams are on our half of the court it'd be great, but don't know about when they go downcourt.

Other than this, my other choice is really good seats near half court, first couple of rows.

Cheers!

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: Floor seats at the allstate horizon?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 11:29:36 AM »
old name:  rosemont horizon
new name:  allstate arena

Fightin 411

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »
Last time mu was in town I sat in the fourth row of those floor seats.  They were ok for the price I paid $40 I think.  What you have to be careful of is not to sit in the seats on the side near the depaul bench because every time depaul scored the team would stand up and wave their towels screening our view.

Fightin 411

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »
And yes there are about seven rows, all folding chairs

fiskadoro

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:17:11 PM »
thanks gents.

@mr. MUskie:  Old habits die hard. And "Rosemont Horizon" has a certain celestial ring to it, no?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
thanks gents.

@mr. MUskie:  Old habits die hard. And "Rosemont Horizon" has a certain celestial ring to it, no?

I prefer Rosemont Horizon.  I hate these stupid corporate names.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 02:06:56 PM »
Last time mu was in town I sat in the fourth row of those floor seats.  They were ok for the price I paid $40 I think.  What you have to be careful of is not to sit in the seats on the side near the depaul bench because every time depaul scored the team would stand up and wave their towels screening our view.

So, your view was blocked what, four or five times throughout the game?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
The thing you need to worry about is the possibility of winding up with a big old lapful of Davante Gardner.
Have some patience, FFS.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »
Thinking about the going to the game vs. DePaul, like to know if anyone has had the floor seats under the basket. On stubhub they are section 7. Does anyone know, are these folding chairs, and how is the view? I imagine when the teams are on our half of the court it'd be great, but don't know about when they go downcourt.

Other than this, my other choice is really good seats near half court, first couple of rows.

Cheers!
They are terrible seats. Under the basket are the cheerleaders and people walking back and forth the entire game. I've made the mistake of getting them. You're better off almost anywhere else in the arena!

Fighting 411 sounds like he was behind the bench, not the basket

Fightin 411

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »
They are terrible seats. Under the basket are the cheerleaders and people walking back and forth the entire game. I've made the mistake of getting them. You're better off almost anywhere else in the arena!

Fighting 411 sounds like he was behind the bench, not the basket

No, I was behind the basket.  If you are in the first three rows you can see OK, but I agree there are people walking back and forth that get annoying.  Go with those seats that were near center court, the arena is so small that there aren't a lot of bad seats that are not on the floor.

So, your view was blocked what, four or times throughout the game?

Hah, unfortunately the game I sat there was the one a few years ago that we got beat with a last second three.  I can't remember who from depaul hit that three but it was right in front of me...what a train wreak!  That was a quiet car ride home :)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 03:30:08 PM »

Also the sound board, speakers and DJ are behind that basket. Not so bad, but since 2500 DePaul fans show, they try to blare the music to make it sound like 17,000 in order to drown out the MU roar.  Two years ago, MU was doing the "You Suck" chant to DePaul's band's playing. A fight broke out as a result, and unfortunately, MU choked away a W. I have a friend who is a faculty member and his floor seats are nice. Been in a box there (pretty cheap with a group), and have bought the cheapest ticket and pretty much sat anywhere. They put MU's students in the upper bowl behind that basket next to the sound tower to contain them.

DePaul is better than they have been in years, so it should be a good game. btw, Wainwright is an assistant at Fresno State. Also has prostrate cancer. He is a very good guy, and loved Al. Actually was a very good recruiter and game coach, but the classroom part killed his teams.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 03:44:24 PM »
DePaul is doing surprisingly well this year.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:51:52 PM by mr.MUskie »