[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by wadesworld
[May 06, 2024, 10:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Brian Williams  (Read 23571 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Brian Williams
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:03:16 PM »
A reputable journalist ought to be held accountable (i.e., fired) for making up a story, aina?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Brian Williams
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 01:03:46 PM »
A reputable journalist ought to be held accountable for making up a story, aina?

The whole industry would be out of work.....

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »
Williams is a stooge. I would like to see Lester Holt replace him.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »
I think I'd remember if I was shot down.   ::)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 01:44:42 PM »
DOOSH+bag
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 01:45:56 PM »
Wishful, self-aggrandizing reporting by that flack for the left - Williams.  Fire 'em.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 01:54:37 PM »
Didn't Williams initially invent this story for one of his appearances on Letterman? He's not a journalist and never was. He's a celebrity with a nice smile who looks good in a suit and can read a teleprompter. Left but not scary left, at all times affable. Reminiscent of the empty headed anchor in Broadcast News. Fundamentally unserious.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 02:02:08 PM »
Didn't Williams initially invent this story for one of his appearances on Letterman? He's not a journalist and never was. He's a celebrity with a nice smile who looks good in a suit and can read a teleprompter. Left but not scary left, at all times affable. Reminiscent of the empty headed anchor in Broadcast News. Fundamentally unserious.

Williams has told the story for years.

From 2003:
http://www.mrctv.org/videos/video-brian-williams-2003-report-helicopter-incident

Letterman 2013:
http://youtu.be/xS3NAwZ4hGk?t=3m

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »

Lenny - A cardinal rule is one never, ever steals the laurels that rightfully belong to another. Honor is based on character and integrity then paid for in blood. Brian Williams might be a congenial man but at the heart of it is nothing more than a craven coward. He should keep his smarmy schtick in Greenwich cocktail parties beyond the ears of good men who know the truth.

Death on call

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 02:11:43 PM »
Wishful, self-aggrandizing reporting by that flack for the left - Williams.  Fire 'em.

Yup, because no one on the right would ever lie about anything, right? All 100% honest, straight shooters. ::)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 02:17:30 PM »
Lenny - A cardinal rule is one never, ever steals the laurels that rightfully belong to another. Honor is based on character and integrity then paid for in blood. Brian Williams might be a congenial man but at the heart of it is nothing more than a craven coward. He should keep his smarmy schtick in Greenwich cocktail parties beyond the ears of good men who know the truth.

Agree on all counts. People who invent quasi-heroic in the face of enemy fire biographies (Williams, Hillary, etc.) are despicable. One does not "misremember" coming under enemy fire. People like this lose all credibility - he's gotta go.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 02:21:33 PM »
Yup, because no one on the right would ever lie about anything, right? All 100% honest, straight shooters. ::)

Groin

His politics are irrelevant. Claiming credit for a "There I was" story is reprehensible. The fact he is a journalist makes it egregious.

Death on call

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »
As others have said, politics are irrelevant here.  The key is his fundamental lack of character and honesty.

Journalists on both ends of the political spectrum cherry-pick and spin facts to fulfill their own agendas.  Williams carried that a quantum leap further by repeatedly telling a lie.  He didn't simply take a fact and spin it his way - he made one up.

Character revealed.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 02:54:15 PM »
Sounds like the  REAL  Faux News, aina?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 02:56:57 PM »
What's really telling is that the Army aviators have been calling out Williams on this story for years. And Williams chose to ignore their queries. Only when it began to go viral did Williams and NBC decide to 'set the record straight.'

F ucking loser.   

Death on call

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »
I'm sure they'll just put him on an apology tour and ultimately push it under the rug. No excuse for that. The job of a reporter is not to make themselves the story. Even worse when they are making up themselves being the story.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 03:40:53 PM »
Squirmy, just like his cousin Buzz

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 03:45:35 PM »
Groin

His politics are irrelevant. Claiming credit for a "There I was" story is reprehensible. The fact he is a journalist makes it egregious.

You might want to re-read the post I was reacting to. Here ya go:

"Wishful, self-aggrandizing reporting by that flack for the left - Williams.  Fire 'em."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »
As others have said, politics are irrelevant here.  The key is his fundamental lack of character and honesty.

Journalists on both ends of the political spectrum cherry-pick and spin facts to fulfill their own agendas.  Williams carried that a quantum leap further by repeatedly telling a lie.  He didn't simply take a fact and spin it his way - he made one up.

Character revealed.

Exactly.  We're not talking about a little story slanting here.  I'm sure guys (like warthog-driver) who really have had rounds whiz by their heads take this very personally.  'There's men dyin' up that road.'  By the way keefe, thanks again. 

brandx

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 03:55:28 PM »
Groin

Correct, Keefe.

Although I think Groin was just responding to a poster's comment.

brandx

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 03:57:37 PM »

So a liar on the left should be fired... but a criminal oxy-junkie on the right is OK with you.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 03:58:10 PM »
I guess he's still going on the tube tonight-wonder if he's got a tummy ache err anything...nbc and the man of the hourhave decided to ride out the storm.  Nasty!!  I wonder how long a guy of some other persuasion would last under the same scenario...and he/she is gone, next.  i can see code pink lining up outside nbc headquarters as we speak ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 04:05:07 PM »
Not good.

I actually liked his broadcasts, but obviously his credibility is shot.

Can't really use him on nightly news anymore, right? Maybe they could put him on dateline or a news magazine show?

Or, just f*cking fire him.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 04:16:03 PM »
He's got a really hot daughter. I don't know how to post pics, but check her out.

Oh, and he's a sack of sh!t for lying about this. What a scumbag
Bring back FFP!!!