[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Break up California  (Read 24345 times)

brandx

Re: Break up California
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2014, 06:19:19 PM »
This was a monumental failure. There are profound questions about this guy and the circumstances of his "capture." The Commander -in-Chief should not have been associated with Bergdahl or his family in any way. Good men died because of Bowe Bergdahl's incompatible loyalties. I look forward to this misguided young man having to answer some direct questions. For now, I am reserving judgment of him as a "hero."

John McCain is a genuine patriot and legitimate war hero. His interview yesterday on Bergdahl was direct and biting. It is refreshing for any politician to be that blunt. But on the matter of Bowe Bergdahl, Capt John McCain, USN Ret made clear his disdain for the man and the cost of securing his "liberty."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/10870318/Bowe-Bergdahl-a-deserter-who-cost-soldiers-lives-say-US-army-comrades.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-mccain-questions-swap-of-highest-high-risk-people-for-bergdahl/

I don't disagree with your point, but they are two separate issues. We should always make sure all of our guys come home, period. If the reports turn out to be true about the circumstances, then proper action should be taken against him by the military.

I truly appreciate the service of you and others. And I expect my gov't to ALWAYS have your back.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2014, 07:27:22 PM »
He denounced his citizenship, he isn't "one of our guys".

Trading 5 of the worst of the worst for this guy is disgusting, but hardly shocking considering who did it.  The military is so pissed right now.  Guy deserts, we send a bunch of guys to get him back who are killed, now we give up 5 terrorists in exchange for another terrorist.

888 days left...how much more stupidity can he accomplish in 888 days.  I'm going big with my bet.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2014, 07:28:05 PM »
That was a nice little tag line... too bad its never been true

Show me where it isn't true.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2014, 07:29:05 PM »
Chicos, you can't leave Anaheim now!  My daughter keeps talking about wanting to go to Disney Land to go on the Cars ride.  Seriously, that is the whole reason she wants to go there, for that one ride. 

So, hold off on that move for a while please so we can camp out in a u-haul in your front yard  :)

They just raised prices to $96 per person for Disney Land...that's not a typo.  A family of four is lucky to get out of the park under $700 for a day.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
This was a monumental failure. There are profound questions about this guy and the circumstances of his "capture." The Commander -in-Chief should not have been associated with Bergdahl or his family in any way. Good men died because of Bowe Bergdahl's incompatible loyalties. I look forward to this misguided young man having to answer some direct questions. For now, I am reserving judgment of him as a "hero."

John McCain is a genuine patriot and legitimate war hero. His interview yesterday on Bergdahl was direct and biting. It is refreshing for any politician to be that blunt. But on the matter of Bowe Bergdahl, Capt John McCain, USN Ret made clear his disdain for the man and the cost of securing his "liberty."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/10870318/Bowe-Bergdahl-a-deserter-who-cost-soldiers-lives-say-US-army-comrades.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-mccain-questions-swap-of-highest-high-risk-people-for-bergdahl/

Amen.  Truly amazing.  I feel bad for the parents of those soldiers that lost their lives looking for this guy who deserted his unit. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
Cute that his dad says a Muslim prayer with Obama..

Scary.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brandx

« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »
Cute that his dad says a Muslim prayer with Obama..

Scary.

BO is not only a muslim and a terrorist, but he is not an American.

And he is black.

brandx

« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2014, 08:08:22 PM »
Show me where it isn't true.

Really!! Our gov't as well as just about every other power, in the world has negotiated with terrorists. The Israeli's gave up how many Palestinean prisoners for one of their own?

And the use of terrorist is disturbing. Do you really believe that when we attack these countries, that people defending their HOMELAND are terrorists?

Does it bother you that Reagan negotiated with and armed terrorists? He armed the taliban. They killed Americans with weapons that Reagan gave them. But that is apparently OK?

How about Nixon, Either Bush or Clinton? My guess is it only bothered you when it was Clinton or Obama.

This is an American soldier and it is the job of our gov't to get him back. You would prefer to try him on Faux News, but I am willing to wait for the facts.

Two years ago, Ollie North was blaming Obama for not getting him back - now he is blaming Obama for getting him back.

brandx

« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »

Trading 5 of the worst of the worst for this guy is disgusting, but hardly shocking considering who did it.  The military is so pissed right now.  Guy deserts, we send a bunch of guys to get him back who are killed, now we give up 5 terrorists in exchange for another terrorist.

I am "shocked" you didn't express your displeasure with McCain for saying a deal should be made.

http://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2014/06/when-john-mccain-supported-swapping

tower912

• All American
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2014, 08:25:53 PM »
Counting down to the lock.   Common denominator for almost every locked thread?    Hmmmm?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2014, 09:20:07 PM »
He denounced his citizenship, he isn't "one of our guys".

888 days left...how much more stupidity can he accomplish in 888 days.  I'm going big with my bet.

Words and terms are important CBB,  you know that.   These were enemy combatants,  that had nothing to do with 9/11, Taliban leaders,  not AQ.

And why not wait till facts come out,  clearly you are falling in step with Lindsey Graham,  Fox News,  and McCain.   What harm is there in waiting,  till more facts come out.   Cmon man,  the politicizing and scant resourcing of this story,  which is 72 hours old is incredible.

Patience is virtue y'all,  it's okay to hold an opinion for a bit,  but in this age,  everyone needs to jump to a conclusion within 15 min.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2014, 11:17:57 PM »
Now obviously not about California, and definitely a politically charged conversation.