[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[May 06, 2024, 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ciroc Vodka  (Read 23457 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Ciroc Vodka
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »
I've been on the wagon for some time due to meds for my war wounds. The flight surgeon green lighted me for a glass of wine on Thanksgiving with dinner. Single malt appeared after dinner and it required Herculean strength to refrain from indulging in a couple fingers.

Sorry to hear that, Keefe.  If anyone deserves to partake once in awhile, it's a war hero.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »
Keefe, Hendrick's gin is great. Hendrick's and Bombay Sapphire are the only gins I drink.

SEALs drink Sapphire, for some reason. AFSOC TACPs drink Hendrick's. We work very closely with the Brit SAS guys and train extensively at their facility in Scotland. It was some SAS troops who turned me on to Hendrick's and I haven't looked back since. A stellar beverage that stands as the blond liquor of choice for the men of the 17th ASOS.

Walker is a blended scotch. I really urge you to try some of the single malts - a much more complex drink.

Death on call

🏀

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »
y'all a bunch of pu$$ies.  PTM shoot Krocodil between his toes.

Gotta hide those marks, now if I can get these face lesions covered up.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »
Give me a rye (Templeton anyone?), bourbon (Maker's), or Scotch (Johnnie Walker Red) over vodka any day. Any of these with a splash of club soda on the rocks.

granted its just JW Red swill but never put soda in scotch  :o

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2013, 10:31:43 AM »
I've been on the wagon for some time due to meds for my war wounds. The flight surgeon green lighted me for a glass of wine on Thanksgiving with dinner. Single malt appeared after dinner and it required Herculean strength to refrain from indulging in a couple fingers.

So to clarify, you're on a wagon... it's just not the wagon.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2013, 10:33:42 AM »

Walker is a blended scotch. I really urge you to try some of the single malts - a much more complex drink.

Open to suggestions...

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »
granted its just JW Red swill but never put soda in scotch  :o

I'm talking like a splash. 1:10 ratio at the most. But as you and Keefe pointed out, I don't drink the best Scotch in the world... If someone could turn me on to a better Scotch maybe I would change my ways...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:30 AM »
Open to suggestions...

How about this?

Have some patience, FFS.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:13 AM »
The whole gluten thing....I don't know, still wondering.

Saw this today

http://gizmodo.com/why-you-might-want-to-rethink-going-gluten-free-1475646469?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

tl;dr version
Gluten isn't good for you, but gluten-free processed food is still processed food which is worse.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
I'm talking like a splash. 1:10 ratio at the most. But as you and Keefe pointed out, I don't drink the best Scotch in the world... If someone could turn me on to a better Scotch maybe I would change my ways...

unfortunately there are not alot of options on the cheap when it comes to scotch, not wanting to be a scotch snob but for me anything less than Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Dalmore or Chivas and I'll pass on scotch completely and go with a great beer

the only thing I'd add to a scotch is a drop of water to release the dragon (in a single malt)

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2013, 10:58:09 AM »
How about this?

Chick, the label clearly says blended...COME ON!

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:32 AM »
unfortunately there are not alot of options on the cheap when it comes to scotch, not wanting to be a scotch snob but for me anything less than Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Dalmore or Chivas and I'll pass on scotch completely and go with a great beer

the only thing I'd add to a scotch is a drop of water to release the dragon (in a single malt)

Doesn't need to be on the cheap. I'll give some of these a shot and report back.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »

Chick, the label clearly says blended...COME ON!

Sure, but it's blended for RON BURGUNDY.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2013, 12:21:45 PM »

Someone mentioned Dalmore which is a nice scotch. I prefer the Islays for the depth of character. Try Bowmore, Lagavulin, Ardbeg, Laphroaig, or Bunnahabhain. Some other less daunting single malts would be Glenmorangie, Glendronach, Aberlour, The Balvenie, Scapa, Highland Park, and Royal Lochnagar.

If you really, really must put water in your scotch then give St Magdalene Linlithgow a try. A drop or two only, please.

Death on call

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »
Someone mentioned Dalmore which is a nice scotch. I prefer the Islays for the depth of character. Try Bowmore, Lagavulin, Ardbeg, Laphroaig, or Bunnahabhain. Some other less daunting single malts would be Glenmorangie, Glendronach, Aberlour, The Balvenie, Scapa, Highland Park, and Royal Lochnagar.

If you really, really must put water in your scotch then give St Magdalene Linlithgow a try. A drop or two only, please.

Sounds good. I'm going to Binny's to look for Dalmore and one of your Islays. I have something new to drink while reading Teilhard now  ;)

No water. I promise.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:09:08 PM by Bleuteaux »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »
Sounds good. I'm going to Binny's to look for Dalmore and one of your Islays. I have something new to drink while reading Teilhard now  ;)

No water. I promise.

Excellent choices both. One further recommendation for a novice would be to begin with an Oban 14. It is an intriguing scotch with a variegated nose that will help steer you towards either the dry, smoky Islays or the sweet, crisp Highlands.

Personally, I prefer the Islays for their no prisoners approach to flavor but single malts are like women - whether blond or brunette you will be spent and satisfied at the end of an evening.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »
Phirrips!

You are Japanese!

頑張ってください

Death on call

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
lots of drinking for me tonight!
MU15

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »
lots of drinking for me tonight!

gonna take your shirt off to?   8-)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »
My preference is The Macallan 12.  Don't like the 16 ; 18 & 25 are nice but pricey
I hide my Highland Park 18 when the brother -in-law comes over.  Just a wee drop of water thank you.

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »
gonna take your shirt off to?   8-)

No. Finished last exam. Drinking alone tonight
MU15

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2013, 05:40:07 PM »
Drinking alone tonight

In the City of Lost Dreams hers was a particularly cruel if tawdry nightmare...

Death on call

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2013, 07:45:57 PM »
Ha thanks :) I'm not sad about it. I like drinking alone
MU15

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »

Ardbeg is a delicious single malt. Their 10 year runs about $50-$60 a bottle and I think it stands up very well to much more expensive bottles. However, beware that Islays are typically very peaty. If that's not your thing, you may want to look elsewhere.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2013, 08:04:35 PM »
Ha thanks :) I'm not sad about it. I like drinking alone

Goin' solo? Can F*ckin' watch?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback