collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Christian McCaffery  (Read 40434 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Christian McCaffery
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »
I thought athletic scholarships were one year renewable.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2016, 03:21:26 PM »
I thought athletic scholarships were one year renewable.

Times are a changing.  It used to be that all scholarships were one year renewable.  More and more schools are going to guaranteed four year scholarships.  I know that is now standard in some of the bigger conferences.  In short, it varies now.  Obviously, schools offering a guaranteed four years have a recruiting advantage over those offering one year renewable.  And in some sports (don't know about football and basketball) they don't always offer four years worth of those one year renewable scholarships (i.e., might just offer two years).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2016, 03:43:28 PM »
The man agreed to play FB in exchange for a scholarship. Don't enter into contracts you're not gonna honor.

Should Marquette have sued Jameel McKay?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2016, 03:52:03 PM »
Where in an NCAA financial aid agreement does it state immediate expulsion is the penalty for not playing?

Who said that? Considering a penalty does not mean it's an explicit penalty in the agreement..

Where in the agreement does it say "I'll participate in football in exchange for a scholarship, unless I decide I don't wish to play in particular games"?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2016, 04:14:09 PM »
Who said that? Considering a penalty does not mean it's an explicit penalty in the agreement..

Where in the agreement does it say "I'll participate in football in exchange for a scholarship, unless I decide I don't wish to play in particular games"?

You suggested immediate expulsion as the proper remedy, and defended it by saying it was warranted because he violated a contract.
Your argument appears to be that he is bound under contract to play in the bowl game - even though the contract says no such thing - but the university isn't bound by the same contract when it comes to imposing a penalty on him.
Good luck with that one, counselor.

As for your question, I'm pretty sure you know that's not how contracts work.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:15:46 PM by Pakuni »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2016, 04:52:22 PM »
You suggested immediate expulsion as the proper remedy, and defended it by saying it was warranted because he violated a contract.
Your argument appears to be that he is bound under contract to play in the bowl game - even though the contract says no such thing - but the university isn't bound by the same contract when it comes to imposing a penalty on him.
Good luck with that one, counselor.

As for your question, I'm pretty sure you know that's not how contracts work.

No, you're lying.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2016, 04:54:46 PM »
Clawback scholarship $ & consider immediate expulsion
How should this be interpreted, then?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »
How should this be interpreted, then?

Not as "You suggested immediate expulsion as the proper remedy"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2016, 05:12:58 PM »
Technically correct.   You only suggested that immediate expulsion should be considered.    How silly of us. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2016, 05:16:27 PM »
Technically correct.   You only suggested that immediate expulsion should be considered.    How silly of us.

Prosecute them. As you have persecuted me.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2016, 05:20:21 PM »
which means laugh sadly and shake our head at their choices?    Easy enough. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2016, 05:33:47 PM »
which means laugh sadly and shake our head at their choices?    Easy enough.

Your lies are helpful to explain why you side with such an unrighteous thief such as this football player for hire, when convenient

tower912

• All American
« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2016, 05:40:27 PM »
Gonna have to point out my lies.   Persecute them.    As I persecute  you?    What is that? The opposite of the Lord's prayer? 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:48:10 PM by tower912 »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2016, 05:51:32 PM »
Gonna have to point out my lies.   Persecute them.    As I persecute  you?    What is that? The opposite of the Lord's prayer?

You were the type of boy who'd agree to cut Mrs. Green's lawn every week, all summer, 18 weeks, for a dollar per week. You took the $18. 12 weeks in you decided you were done. No hard feelings Mrs. Green, I simply changed my mind.

brandx

« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2016, 06:08:10 PM »
You were the type of boy who'd agree to cut Mrs. Green's lawn every week, all summer, 18 weeks, for a dollar per week. You took the $18. 12 weeks in you decided you were done. No hard feelings Mrs. Green, I simply changed my mind.

Wow!!

Our new Chicos?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2016, 06:31:20 PM »
Actually, no.  I was the type of boy who delivered papers for 5 years  and wrote off debts for my customers.  I am the type of boy who has been married for nearly 25 years to the same woman and walked into burning buildings for nearly 27.  I am the type who is tolerant of human failings and the poor decisions of youth.   I no longer freak out over transfers.  Or 21 year olds putting long term personal financial gain over playing in a meaningless exhibition for their school. 
We disagree.  Why the martyrdom?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2016, 06:37:41 PM »
Your lies are helpful to explain why you side with such an unrighteous thief such as this football player for hire, when convenient

Christian McCaffrey is not a "thief."  Your hyperbole is really not helping.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2016, 06:47:30 PM »
Actually, no.  I was the type of boy who delivered papers for 5 years  and wrote off debts for my customers.  I am the type of boy who has been married for nearly 25 years to the same woman and walked into burning buildings for nearly 27.  I am the type who is tolerant of human failings and the poor decisions of youth.   I no longer freak out over transfers.  Or 21 year olds putting long term personal financial gain over playing in a meaningless exhibition for their school. 
We disagree.  Why the martyrdom?

My word is my bond. You disregard contracts and your word. That's the issue.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2016, 06:51:32 PM »

Do you feel the same way about Traci Carter?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2016, 06:58:49 PM »
Do you feel the same way about Traci Carter?

Interesting question. As an incapacited player who wasn't partipating anyway, no. Has he played in recent games.. diff discussion

"Things have changed, I'm frustrated & get no minutes so I'm leaving to a diff school" is one thing... "I'm too important to honor my commitment to this or any school, meeeeeeee!!" Is another

tower912

• All American
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2016, 07:01:11 PM »

What in the world are you talking about?   I have honored every contract and vow I have ever taken.  I disagree with you about the behavior of a college athlete.    Why the martyrdom and lashing out?    Not just Traci Carter.   What was your opinion about Sandy, Henry leaving early, Wally not coming back, Crean going to IU, Buzz to VTech, Deonte, Dawson, Levin, McKay, Mayo, Blue, etc?    Why the line in the sand here and the personal attacks against those who view it differently?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »
What in the world are you talking about?   I have honored every contract and vow I have ever taken.  I disagree with you about the behavior of a college athlete.    Why the martyrdom and lashing out?    Not just Traci Carter.   What was your opinion about Sandy, Henry leaving early, Wally not coming back, Crean going to IU, Buzz to VTech, Deonte, Dawson, Levin, McKay, Mayo, Blue, etc?    Why the line in the sand here and the personal attacks against those who view it differently?

This is purely driven by self. 100%, nothing else. If a guy wants to leave bc he's frustrated with PT & coaches OK it, great. "I'm too special for this" isn't.

Each situation is VERY diff. I'm speaking on one in particular, and that's important to remember.

PS- if you can get MSU+6.5 in 45 minutes, I'll help you (do it)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2016, 07:47:25 PM »

Where in the agreement does it say, "I'll participate in every game in exchange for a scholarship?"

Maybe it does actually say that. I've never seen an agreement and I'd like to.

Otherwise, I'm a little worried about you JB. So angry ... and over this?

All I'll say is you're gonna have a lot of anger over the coming years, because this is just the beginning. In 5 years, maybe fewer, there might be 30 players doing this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2016, 07:51:38 PM »
At least it's good to see JayBee can reach inane levels of dislike for something (or in this case, someone) other than the Crystal Ball.