* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Elonsmusk
[Today at 08:19:42 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where is MU at with Tyler Herro?  (Read 22221 times)

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
Where is MU at with Tyler Herro?
« on: November 04, 2015, 01:27:06 PM »
Now that Poole slipped away to Ann Arbor, what is the scoop on Tyler Herro? Is he our number 1 guy in 2018?

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Where is MU at with Tyler Herro?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »
Welcome to da board Mr. Herro, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 07:04:18 PM »

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »
Welcome to da board Mr. Herro, hey?
Made me LOL. I know Mr. and son. Mr. is a character that rubs many the wrong way, but he knows bball. Book on Tyler is that he has been one the best players in his grade since 3rd grade. He was always average size kid, then he shot up last year and looks to be 6' 4". Kid has always been a winner, just figures out how to win. And I don't know of a kid in the grade that works harder. He is at Princeton Club every single night for hours; definition of gym rat. When he get hot, watch out. I was watching a summer league game last year and he put up 20-ish points on Brook Central in literally 5 minutes to start the game. To the rack, fadeaways, pull-ups, threes, everything. I know people here are enamored by McCabe, but I would much rather see Herro at MU. 

The other kid I think MU should be on is a less flashy version of Herro, named Mason Steffen out of Waunakee. Where Herro is a lanky 6' 4", Steffen is a solid 6' 4 who also plays some great defense along with a solid all-around game. I think the Herro is more like Poole, and Steffen reminds me of a more athletic Gasser.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 11:05:35 PM »
Made me LOL. I know Mr. and son. Mr. is a character that rubs many the wrong way, but he knows bball. Book on Tyler is that he has been one the best players in his grade since 3rd grade. He was always average size kid, then he shot up last year and looks to be 6' 4". Kid has always been a winner, just figures out how to win. And I don't know of a kid in the grade that works harder. He is at Princeton Club every single night for hours; definition of gym rat. When he get hot, watch out. I was watching a summer league game last year and he put up 20-ish points on Brook Central in literally 5 minutes to start the game. To the rack, fadeaways, pull-ups, threes, everything. I know people here are enamored by McCabe, but I would much rather see Herro at MU. 

The other kid I think MU should be on is a less flashy version of Herro, named Mason Steffen out of Waunakee. Where Herro is a lanky 6' 4", Steffen is a solid 6' 4 who also plays some great defense along with a solid all-around game. I think the Herro is more like Poole, and Steffen reminds me of a more athletic Gasser.

Herro sounds like a smaller Hauser.  Never seen Herro play though, so could be totall off.  Just based on your description of him it makes me think of Hauser.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 06:43:21 AM »
Herro sounds like a smaller Hauser.  Never seen Herro play though, so could be totall off.  Just based on your description of him it makes me think of Hauser.
Hauser has been the giant in the class, along with Plumb from Bayport. Plumb was straight center. Still a big. Hauser started as a center because he was a foot taller than everyone, but when he played summer ball with Swing early on, dad made sure he wasn't a back-to-the-basket guy, which obviously paid off. Hauser, Steffen, Plumb are all well-liked by most. Herro has a little "moxy" which he fully embraces but backs up.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 07:41:20 AM »
Are you guys talking about the same Hauser brother?  I'm thinking that Wade is talkin' 'bout Sam while Freeport is talkin' 'bout Joey.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:43:25 AM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 07:54:05 AM »
Are you guys talking about the same Hauser brother?  I'm thinking that Wade is talkin' 'bout Sam while Freeport is talkin' 'bout Joey.
I'm talking about 2018 Joey

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 08:49:49 AM »

Good catch.  Yeah, I meant Sam.  I have seen very little of Sam and none of Herro, but the description of gym rat, hard worker, good shooter, when he gets hot look out, etc. etc. reminds me of descriptions of Sam.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 09:41:14 AM »
McCabe & Herro are extremely close (starting backcourt for PGW). They also both recently visited Wisconsin & Minnesota together. Hearing a Purude visit is in line for the both of them also.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 10:12:21 AM »
I've seen recruiting guys mention Marquette visiting Herro multiple times this school year, FWIW.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 10:27:43 AM »
I've seen recruiting guys mention Marquette visiting Herro multiple times this school year, FWIW.
Sounds like Herro is somebody's hero. Also favorite sandwich.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 10:31:52 AM »
Sounds like Herro is somebody's hero. Also favorite sandwich.
I think you are confusing him with his younger brother Gyro

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 11:00:29 AM »
McCabe & Herro are extremely close (starting backcourt for PGW). They also both recently visited Wisconsin & Minnesota together. Hearing a Purude visit is in line for the both of them also.
Frenemies.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 11:11:34 AM »
I think you are confusing him with his younger brother Gyro
His younger brother "Gyro" is pretty good in his own right. I don't know exactly what grade he is in, but I believe he is on Shooters AAU with JP Tokoto's little brother. I believe that team also used to feature Buzz assisant, Isaac Chew's young son as well.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 01:19:54 PM »
Is this kid the next Travis?  Winner, Moxy...
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 01:21:56 PM »
His younger brother "Gyro" is pretty good in his own right. I don't know exactly what grade he is in, but I believe he is on Shooters AAU with JP Tokoto's little brother. I believe that team also used to feature Buzz assisant, Isaac Chew's young son as well.
So let me get this straight. There are a couple guys on a team named after sandwiches along with a guy named chew. Plenty of nutrition and mastication going on with that team
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 03:05:51 PM »
So let me get this straight. There are a couple guys on a team named after sandwiches along with a guy named chew. Plenty of nutrition and mastication going on with that team
Just for clarification, his brother's name isn't Gyro.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 03:43:39 PM »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 03:45:20 PM »
Beyond Thunderdome?

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 05:55:03 PM »
Interesting...
That team is filled with alpha dogs -- the best of 2018 D1 prospects. Herro and McCabe parted ways after a rocky relationship 2 years ago, just re-teaming last year. From Herro perspective, he exploded once he hitched his ride to McCabe and was seen on the circuit. Best move they ever made. Had to tick off some former friends/teammates, but it really is a business. McCabe has always had the hype. But essentially they could be auditioning for that same scholly every time they hit the court. Don't care about the smiling photo opps, behind the scenes, it is all business. Some gave me crap a few years back for saying Duane and Diamond aren't necessarily great buds just because they are on same team and say all the right things. Most alpha dogs don't want to share the spotlight, especially in AAU.

Now the interesting thing with the Herro/McCabe dynamic is that I heard they are throwing another huge ego onto that team, Tom Deiner's son John Deiner. He has a lot of hype, but has been playing on bad teams since he left McCabe/Herro the first time. Much like HS, his dad puts him in situations where he gets to chuck up 20+ shots/game. Watched him a few times last year on a very bad team and was not impressed, especially considering his ranking. He was with Herro/McCabe a few years back and there is no love lost with the dads. I cannot see this working out long-term. Also, I would be super ticked if I was Playground's starting small forward, Keyshawn Justice from Madison. Kid is 6' 5", plays great D and is real long. Adding Deiner is a slower version of Justice for no reason, IMO.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 09:00:58 PM »

+100!  Well done, person.  Well done.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 09:04:09 PM »
We could be Herro's???

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »

Now the interesting thing with the Herro/McCabe dynamic is that I heard they are throwing another huge ego onto that team, Tom Deiner's son John Deiner. He has a lot of hype, but has been playing on bad teams since he left McCabe/Herro the first time. Much like HS, his dad puts him in situations where he gets to chuck up 20+ shots/game. Watched him a few times last year on a very bad team and was not impressed, especially considering his ranking. He was with Herro/McCabe a few years back and there is no love lost with the dads. I cannot see this working out long-term. Also, I would be super ticked if I was Playground's starting small forward, Keyshawn Justice from Madison. Kid is 6' 5", plays great D and is real long. Adding Deiner is a slower version of Justice for no reason, IMO.

I'll be very surprised if Keshawn comes off the bench.

McCabe
Herro
Justice
Plumb
Trapp

I've heard nothing of these rumors. Keshawn just showed out at Pangos with McCabe, Herro & Trapp. Ritchie is too smart to axe Justice for Diener.

But you are The Don, and I listen! Thanks again Freeport
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:22:02 AM by WarriorPride68 »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 09:06:24 AM »
I imagine the recruiting process is somewhere after Herro, but before goodbye.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.