* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hilarious MUHater Posts  (Read 20180 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Hilarious MUHater Posts
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:02:43 AM »
As much as it defies logic, not everyone is a Marquette basketball fan.  I derive a great deal of entertainment reading the comments of some of these folks on the various online publications, as I am sure many other Scoopers do.

I thought it would be fun to have a thread to collect some of the better ones so we can all enjoy them.  I suggest that posters include the source, the context of the comment if necessary, and the UserID of the hater.  I am sure we will eventually develop some favorites.  Feel free to also dive into the archives.  Some of the comments on the WVU Scout Board after Buzz danced on the logo were epic.

I will start off with one I saw this morning on Matt Velazquez's JS blog post regarding Henry Ellenson's NLI signing.

Bleacher Banter

If Stone can't be a student-athlete, he shouldn't pick Wisconsin. He should go to those one and done schools, like Ellenson.
Have some patience, FFS.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: Hilarious MUHater Posts
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
I would love to get the perception of a "one and done school"!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:14:22 AM »
"One and done school" - a particularly strange and uninformed comment.  Other than DWade, every current MU player in the NBA graduated.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:16:15 AM »
I would love to get the perception of a "one and done school"!

Sure beats being a McDonalds-AA-redshirts-his-freshman-year school!

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »
"One and done school" - a particularly strange and uninformed comment.  Other than DWade, every current MU player in the NBA graduated.

I don't think Jae did.  The problems with his situation was one of the things creating the whole Junior College players issue.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 10:41:40 AM »
My fave from the JS comments section:

The next Marquette "student athlete" that "graduates" and can read will be the first

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 10:48:12 AM »
I don't think Jae did.  The problems with his situation was one of the things creating the whole Junior College players issue.

Thought he did - my bad.  In any event, he most definitely was not a one and done.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 10:54:44 AM »
Ron Dayne. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 10:55:54 AM »
Here is one from the day Henry verbally committed.  We've discussed it before, but it's a classic.  I am including all the responses because even badger fans were calling him out on this one:

Thoughtfulbadger - Oct 09 at 8:56 PM -

Everyone KNOWS why Ellenson signed with MU. About $120,000 was funneled to his family by giving Henry's brother a "scholarship". I'm surprised their dad hasn't been hired in some capacity in the crooked MU program. There is NOTHING alluring about MU. It is a lower tier school academically, and is in a mid-major conference. The campus is in a dangerous area, and students fear for their lives. The rental arena they play in is awful, and the campus life is almost nonexistent. Wojo is going to use MU as a stepping stone and resume padding until better jobs open up.

fandanimal - Oct 09 at 9:04 PM -

i'm a huge badger fan.you are an ignorant d bag

Thoughtfulbadger - Oct 09 at 9:09 PM

Fandanimal, there isn't one syllable in my post that can be denied. It is all factual. Thank you very much.

Nino del Jefe - Oct 09 at 9:41 PM

Thoughtfulbadger you should check this year's U.S. News and World Report college rankings; M.U. is rated as a top 75 national university (tied with Indiana University), hardly lower tier. I went to M.U. in the 80's. I do not recall fearing for my life. Another question, why on earth would over 10,000 students from all over the U.S. and many other countries enroll at M.U. if it was so bad? M.U. has never been on probation or otherwise sanctioned by the NCAA. The remainder of your comments do not merit a reply

Bert Gordon - Oct 09 at 9:16 PM

When high school seniors choose a college, I think many look for a place where they can fear for their lives. Lol.

MUWarrior96 - Oct 09 at 9:23 PM -

@fandimal - thank you - your comment needed to be stated for the record. It's badger fans like that who give UW a bad rap. He's along the lines of the idiots wearing badger gear that I remember heckling Bill Chords at his retirement halftme ceremony. If you can't be constructive, just be quiet..

Thoughtfulbadger - Oct 09 at 9:25 PM -

Bert Gordon, follow the money for the brother's education. It is CLEARLY obvious.

Geagle011 - Oct 10 at 11:32 AM

Thoughtfulbadger - I wish you the best in resolving whatever chaos in your life compels you to feel better about yourself by venting vitriol on a sports blog. If that's what you need right now, have at it. Peace.

sirlouis - Oct 10 at 6:32 PM -

Thoughtfulbadger, might want to back off the bong.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:02:52 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 10:56:16 AM »
I've never really gotten into the hate-reading of other fanbases' posts. The interwebs trolling gene must have skipped me.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »
UDPride hasn't made this list yet?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 01:47:37 PM »

No one is stopping you from adding him.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 01:54:01 PM »

Dude had 4 posts, 3 related to the conference shakeout, and he is a meme.   That is quality work. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »

Haha EXACTLY, but if they want to help brand us as the place where elite talent comes to showcase its skills before raking it in after a year, by all means!

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 02:14:40 PM »
Sigh. I try to avoid reading the comments on any JSOnline MU article. Too much hatred for MU.

Anyway, let's play everyone's favorite game...UW-Madison is the Harvard of the Midwest. Or is it Harvard is the UW-Madison of the East?

One more time, let's review the facts:

Is UW the top school in the US? No, that would be Princeton.
Is UW the top public school in the US? No, that would be Cal-Berkeley.
Is UW the top school in the Big 10? No, that would be Northwestern.
Is UW the second-ranked school in the Big 10? No, that would be Michigan.
Is UW the third-ranked school in the Big 10? No, that would be Illinois.

You get the idea.

The arrogance of that group is astounding. As pathetic as they are predictable.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 02:21:12 PM »
Were he alive at the time, I'm sure that UDPride would have predicted a continuing bull market for stocks in October of 1929.

UDPride's first post on conference realignment.  Enjoy.

I can tell you from the A10's perspective, those institutions are not going anywhere -- namely Xavier, Dayton, St. Louis, Butler, St. Joe, etc.  The league just expanded with Butler and VCU and is the best basketball only league in the country.
(Actually, UDPride's prediction proved eerily accurate in regards to Dayton)  ;)

There is zero incentive for some of those schools to pick up and leave the complete security, certainty, and future of the A10, for some half-baked new conference in a new world order of college athletics that has exit fees, entrance fees, unknown certainty, unknown security, new rivals, new geographies, new travel partners, no TV package, and no automatic postseason NCAA bid.

The A10 members are exactly where they want to be. They are ALREADY in a good, stable, secure basketball conference with 100% security.  The postseason tourney is moving to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn this season. Everything about the league is on the up-tick. It is a destination league for basketball schools -- not an exit platform. The only schools leaving are those with grandiose, half-baked plans for BCS football.

Furthermore, the A10 doesn't even need to expand. They are going to be at 14 teams when the smoke clears from Charlotte and Temple. Going to 16 is not a priority or even likely a roundtable agenda item. The only way Marquette or DePaul associates with A10 basketball schools is if they beg for mercy and the A10 sends them an invitation. The BE hoops schools are no longer driving this train; they are in the caboose at the mercy of everyone else. They lost all of their leverage because they held on to football money for far too long. The time to get out was about five years ago. That window has passed because other conferences have been proactive to improve their own situations and lock in their future identities.

Fans thinking they can just break from the BE football schools and "the A10 brand schools will follow us" are over-reaching. Marquette and DePaul simply dont have the leverage anymore. Your name alone does not trump conference security -- and the A10 already has that.  The A10 will never be the Big East of 5 years ago, but nothing ever will.  But it doesnt have to be. The thing about A10 schools is they've never tried to be something they aren't.  While it may have cost them in terms of money and prestige over the last 10 years, it's paying off now because most members have always had the same goals in mind. Everyone was rowing in the same direction.

There is a lot of loyalty among member basketball institutions of the A10. Even among the haves and have-nots.  Based on performance, Fordham or Duquesne or LaSalle could have been kicked out years ago. But the conference values the relationships and sees the league as being in it together. You have members with 13,000-seat arenas and 3,000-seat Arenas.  So you can also put away the idea that the A10 will kick a couple bottomfeeders out to make room for new members. No A10 school will be asked or even encouraged to leave. If they leave, it will be of their own doing. And that's unlikely in the near future.

Having said all of this, I dont think BE basketball schools do much until Louisville and UC decide what to do. Louisville has already publicly stated they want out. UC will follow in their shadow (or attempt to).  The Big East is a giant fustercluck however. You have teams spread all over the country, abysmal scheduling issues and odd travel and travel partners, fewer and fewer historical rivalries, fractured fan bases from different geographies with little or nothing in common, and two completely different sets of academic and spiritual values trying to homogenize.  You have small private catholic schools trying to assimilate with large state schools attempting to become a football factory.  You might as well be mixing oil and water.

The A10 has none of these problems. Which is why those members are putting roots down.

And from a later post.

Money is not the answer to everything.  I think the BE hoops schools waited far too long and now they may pay a price and get left out if the A10 doesnt feel the need to throw a life vest.

While everyone is ultimately out for their own survival, there is very little interest in A10 schools exiting the A10 to align with BE schools. If realignment occurs, the A10 will be the one doing the poaching because the existing A10 schools are not going to voluntarily give up their negotiating strength.  A10 schools dont need the BE schools. BE schools may need the A10 schools however -- heck they may need them just on numbers alone to qualify as an automatic bid conference. Big difference.

And UDPride's final post.  Is there a tinge of desperation sinking in?

If you think schools are going to "beat a path to your door" for the privilege of insecurity, instability, no TV contract, no conference tournament, and the chance many of those same schools in a newfangled conference bolt once again as soon as they see something better, I want the same liquor you are drinking.  

You wont be raiding the A10, but the A10 might raid you -- if you're that fortunate. The A10 is stability in a sea of chaos. They have no reason or urgency to leave. More money wont put them over the top because theyve been stretching a dollar all their lives. That's their normal. They are used to making the Big Dance on a shoestring budget -- and have done quite well for themselves.

If you believe all the BE basketball schools have to do is yell "jump", and the A10 schools will respond with "How high?", you are seriously over-estimating your negotiating position in this giant mess.  The A10 schools have the high ground.  They dont NEED you. They might want you, but NEEDING and WANTING are two entirely different things. You NEED the A10 schools however if you cut bait with football. Big difference.

While you guys were sitting around counting the checks the last 6-7 years, the A10 was busy trying to position themselves as the best basketball-only conference. They never tried to be something they were not. They didn't sit still. They added Butler and VCU and St. Louis.  They never twiddled thumbs waiting on conference collapses to snag a Georgetown.

Five years ago, some of the A10 schools might have listened to your plea to form a new hoops only league. But you were too busy counting benjamins. That ship has sailed, my friend. There may or may not be a collective empowerment between the Big East and A10, but if there is, it will be on the A10's terms.

The A10 has the luxury of doing nothing and remaining relevant, secure, stable, and collectively united among all of its member institutions in a common goal.  Unfortunately, you don't have that option. Your re-invention requires a lifeboat someone else must provide. And when someone else provides it, its not your position to demand hot towels and a wine list.

The Big East name means nothing now. The value was not in the name, but the value of the institutions within it. That's gone now. With Barclays Arena committed to the A10, MSG is no longer the carrot it once was. And history? History is for historians.  That and a cup of coffee won't get you far, and it certainly won't get you into the BIG12 or ACC as a basketball-only member -- as some delusional fans on here are trying to talk themselves into.

Many of you are right in this sense: you are second class citizens in the Big East and have been for years. You cashed the paychecks, but were otherwise red-headed stepchildren. Your say never counted at the board meetings and you were to be seen and not heard. Football drove the bus and basketball was back-burner.  But you should have seen this coming a long time ago. You waited far too long. Instead of being proactive and guaranteeing your own autonomy, nothing mattered as long as the checks didnt bounce. From the very beginning you never had a hand on the wheel -- and no conference should ever be run without all hands steering together in the same direction.

The A10 has always had that luxury. And member institutions are not in any hurry to jump ship in 50-foot seas when the boat ain't leaking. It might not be the fastest or prettiest ship on the high seas, but she's not foundering, and that's quite impressive given the current climate.

If you truly believe you hold the cards, why the panic?  Nobody in the A10 is panicking. Your stress level tells me all I need to know about where the leverage really is.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:40:17 PM by LittleDillard »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 04:35:58 PM »
Ah, UDPride, if he were alive, I'm sure that he would have predicted a continuing bull market for stocks in October of 1929.

I can tell you from the A10's perspective, those institutions are not going anywhere -- namely Xavier, Dayton, St. Louis, Butler, St. Joe, etc.  The league just expanded with Butler and VCU and is the best basketball only league in the country.
(Actually, UDPride's prediction proved eerily accurate in regards to Dayton)  ;)

There is zero incentive for some of those schools to pick up and leave the complete security, certainty, and future of the A10, for some half-baked new conference in a new world order of college athletics that has exit fees, entrance fees, unknown certainty, unknown security, new rivals, new geographies, new travel partners, no TV package, and no automatic postseason NCAA bid.

The A10 members are exactly where they want to be. They are ALREADY in a good, stable, secure basketball conference with 100% security.  The postseason tourney is moving to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn this season. Everything about the league is on the up-tick. It is a destination league for basketball schools -- not an exit platform. The only schools leaving are those with grandiose, half-baked plans for BCS football.

Furthermore, the A10 doesn't even need to expand. They are going to be at 14 teams when the smoke clears from Charlotte and Temple. Going to 16 is not a priority or even likely a roundtable agenda item. The only way Marquette or DePaul associates with A10 basketball schools is if they beg for mercy and the A10 sends them an invitation. The BE hoops schools are no longer driving this train; they are in the caboose at the mercy of everyone else. They lost all of their leverage because they held on to football money for far too long. The time to get out was about five years ago. That window has passed because other conferences have been proactive to improve their own situations and lock in their future identities.

Fans thinking they can just break from the BE football schools and "the A10 brand schools will follow us" are over-reaching. Marquette and DePaul simply dont have the leverage anymore. Your name alone does not trump conference security -- and the A10 already has that.  The A10 will never be the Big East of 5 years ago, but nothing ever will.  But it doesnt have to be. The thing about A10 schools is they've never tried to be something they aren't.  While it may have cost them in terms of money and prestige over the last 10 years, it's paying off now because most members have always had the same goals in mind. Everyone was rowing in the same direction.

There is a lot of loyalty among member basketball institutions of the A10. Even among the haves and have-nots.  Based on performance, Fordham or Duquesne or LaSalle could have been kicked out years ago. But the conference values the relationships and sees the league as being in it together. You have members with 13,000-seat arenas and 3,000-seat Arenas.  So you can also put away the idea that the A10 will kick a couple bottomfeeders out to make room for new members. No A10 school will be asked or even encouraged to leave. If they leave, it will be of their own doing. And that's unlikely in the near future.

Having said all of this, I dont think BE basketball schools do much until Louisville and UC decide what to do. Louisville has already publicly stated they want out. UC will follow in their shadow (or attempt to).  The Big East is a giant fustercluck however. You have teams spread all over the country, abysmal scheduling issues and odd travel and travel partners, fewer and fewer historical rivalries, fractured fan bases from different geographies with little or nothing in common, and two completely different sets of academic and spiritual values trying to homogenize.  You have small private catholic schools trying to assimilate with large state schools attempting to become a football factory.  You might as well be mixing oil and water.

The A10 has none of these problems. Which is why those members are putting roots down.

And from a later post.

Money is not the answer to everything.  I think the BE hoops schools waited far too long and now they may pay a price and get left out if the A10 doesnt feel the need to throw a life vest.

While everyone is ultimately out for their own survival, there is very little interest in A10 schools exiting the A10 to align with BE schools. If realignment occurs, the A10 will be the one doing the poaching because the existing A10 schools are not going to voluntarily give up their negotiating strength.  A10 schools dont need the BE schools. BE schools may need the A10 schools however -- heck they may need them just on numbers alone to qualify as an automatic bid conference. Big difference.

And UDPride's final post.  Is there a tinge of desperation sinking in?

If you think schools are going to "beat a path to your door" for the privilege of insecurity, instability, no TV contract, no conference tournament, and the chance many of those same schools in a newfangled conference bolt once again as soon as they see something better, I want the same liquor you are drinking.  

You wont be raiding the A10, but the A10 might raid you -- if you're that fortunate. The A10 is stability in a sea of chaos. They have no reason or urgency to leave. More money wont put them over the top because theyve been stretching a dollar all their lives. That's their normal. They are used to making the Big Dance on a shoestring budget -- and have done quite well for themselves.

If you believe all the BE basketball schools have to do is yell "jump", and the A10 schools will respond with "How high?", you are seriously over-estimating your negotiating position in this giant mess.  The A10 schools have the high ground.  They dont NEED you. They might want you, but NEEDING and WANTING are two entirely different things. You NEED the A10 schools however if you cut bait with football. Big difference.

While you guys were sitting around counting the checks the last 6-7 years, the A10 was busy trying to position themselves as the best basketball-only conference. They never tried to be something they were not. They didn't sit still. They added Butler and VCU and St. Louis.  They never twiddled thumbs waiting on conference collapses to snag a Georgetown.

Five years ago, some of the A10 schools might have listened to your plea to form a new hoops only league. But you were too busy counting benjamins. That ship has sailed, my friend. There may or may not be a collective empowerment between the Big East and A10, but if there is, it will be on the A10's terms.

The A10 has the luxury of doing nothing and remaining relevant, secure, stable, and collectively united among all of its member institutions in a common goal.  Unfortunately, you don't have that option. Your re-invention requires a lifeboat someone else must provide. And when someone else provides it, its not your position to demand hot towels and a wine list.

The Big East name means nothing now. The value was not in the name, but the value of the institutions within it. That's gone now. With Barclays Arena committed to the A10, MSG is no longer the carrot it once was. And history? History is for historians.  That and a cup of coffee won't get you far, and it certainly won't get you into the BIG12 or ACC as a basketball-only member -- as some delusional fans on here are trying to talk themselves into.

Many of you are right in this sense: you are second class citizens in the Big East and have been for years. You cashed the paychecks, but were otherwise red-headed stepchildren. Your say never counted at the board meetings and you were to be seen and not heard. Football drove the bus and basketball was back-burner.  But you should have seen this coming a long time ago. You waited far too long. Instead of being proactive and guaranteeing your own autonomy, nothing mattered as long as the checks didnt bounce. From the very beginning you never had a hand on the wheel -- and no conference should ever be run without all hands steering together in the same direction.

The A10 has always had that luxury. And member institutions are not in any hurry to jump ship in 50-foot seas when the boat ain't leaking. It might not be the fastest or prettiest ship on the high seas, but she's not foundering, and that's quite impressive given the current climate.

If you truly believe you hold the cards, why the panic?  Nobody in the A10 is panicking. Your stress level tells me all I need to know about where the leverage really is.

Thank you. I just about died laughing.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
Geesh.  That guy.  Haha. 

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 04:49:31 PM »
There were some epic posts on the CSNBBS Old Big East board, when the conference was splitting.  A number of posters representing schools from SMU, East Carolina, Tulane and Houston, would consistently attack the Catholic-7 schools (namely Marquette) for being inferior to the Atlantic-10 Conference, and for "setting up" the incoming schools into the Big East (the previously mentioned schools, plus Temple, UCF and Memphis) then leaving and taking the name, Madison Square Garden and the Fox Sports-1 contract.  

There were numerous posters with the tin-foil hats on that board for the longest time.  I don't visit that board anymore, but I remember the hilarity that ensued when the yet-to-be-named Old Big East (The American) received a TV contract worth $23 million, after the New Big East received a new contact worth $500 million over 12 years, and the conference name, and Madison Square Garden.  Mass.  Freakout.  LOL.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 05:30:58 PM »
"I am not Hoopaloop"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 02:16:25 AM »
WE should just refer to UDPride as StMary'sInstitutePride just to drive him nuts.

"The first collegiate basketball team began play at Dayton, then known as St. Mary's Institute, during the 1903–04 season. The school's early teams were informally nicknamed "The Saints" by local sportswriters and competed against colleges, high schools, and club teams throughout the Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and New York region.[2] Early rivalries with Notre Dame and Miami (Ohio) began in the 1908–09 season, and with Ohio State in the 1913–14 season,.[2][3]
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 02:45:04 AM »
Sigh. I try to avoid reading the comments on any JSOnline MU article. Too much hatred for MU.

Anyway, let's play everyone's favorite game...UW-Madison is the Harvard of the Midwest. Or is it Harvard is the UW-Madison of the East?

One more time, let's review the facts:

Is UW the top school in the US? No, that would be Princeton.
Is UW the top public school in the US? No, that would be Cal-Berkeley.
Is UW the top school in the Big 10? No, that would be Northwestern Michigan
Is UW the second-ranked school in the Big 10? No, that would be Michigan Northwestern
Is UW the third-ranked school in the Big 10? No, that would be Illinois.

You get the idea.

The arrogance of that group is astounding. As pathetic as they are predictable.

Death on call

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 08:12:19 AM »
I'm not really into doxxing, but I am curious who UDPride was and what he's doing now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 08:24:02 AM »

No Keefe! Bad! Michigan is not above Northwestern just because you will it so!  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 08:41:36 AM »
Were he alive at the time, I'm sure that UDPride would have predicted a continuing bull market for stocks in October of 1929.

Epic.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 09:13:05 AM »
You guys aren't aware of the JSComments Twitter?  It's all the rage for Brewers fans during the season.  Someone Tweets all the stupid comments posted - it's genius.

https://twitter.com/JSComments

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 10:07:53 AM »
You guys aren't aware of the JSComments Twitter?  It's all the rage for Brewers fans during the season.  Someone Tweets all the stupid comments posted - it's genius.

This is good, but I am not sure why he seems to limit it to Sports.  The best comments are in any article that references Scott Walker.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »

This is amazing!

If Milwaukee gets stuck paying for a new arena, it might be easier to swallow if it's named after Bo Ryan, at least the court anyway.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2014, 11:21:21 AM »
Not JS or MU related but a solid follow on the twitter:

https://twitter.com/BestFansStLouis

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
This is amazing!

If Milwaukee gets stuck paying for a new arena, it might be easier to swallow if it's named after Bo Ryan, at least the court anyway.

That's a lotta scratch for a court with peach baskets, aina?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »
Would any scoopers be interested in an MU version of this?  I'd happily create the Twitter account.
Have some patience, FFS.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
Would any scoopers be interested in an MU version of this?  I'd happily create the Twitter account.

Well, isn't the purpose of these accounts to make fun of the fans of that team? So why would we want that for MU?

Now one for Badger fans however....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 12:07:31 PM »
Well, isn't the purpose of these accounts to make fun of the fans of that team? So why would we want that for MU?

Now one for Badger fans however....

I meant MU in the sense that it is various people attempting to heap bile on our esteemed team. So instead of making fun of particular fans, it would be making fun of Marquette Haters in general.
Have some patience, FFS.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »
I've never really gotten into the hate-reading of other fanbases' posts. The interwebs trolling gene must have skipped me.

I'm with you.  I've read a few things on other boards about Marquette that infuriated me, and I thought to myself, "Why am I reading this?"
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 01:02:37 PM »
If we could find some of Abe's posts, this would be a 300 page thread.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »
Here's a goodie from the JSonline twitter feed.

Once again, Beagles fans can't handle the truth. When Ellenson is getting schooled by Stone, you can say you heard it here first.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »
I meant MU in the sense that it is various people attempting to heap bile on our esteemed team. So instead of making fun of particular fans, it would be making fun of Marquette Haters in general.

Got it. Yeah, that'd be cool.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2014, 10:18:31 PM »
No Keefe! Bad! Michigan is not above Northwestern just because you will it so!  ;D

I was funnin' around.

Death on call

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »
Here's a goodie from the JSonline twitter feed.

Once again, Beagles fans can't handle the truth. When Ellenson is getting schooled by Stone, you can say you heard it here first.

Even if, that'll probably be in an NCAA tournament game against UConn, sooo
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2014, 09:09:37 PM »
My favorite response to Badger buffoonery on JSOnline pointed out the lack of "tradition" in UW's basketball program. I may be paraphrasing but it included "UW Basketball is steeped in tradition like Marquette Football is steeped in tradition."
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »
One little factoid to keep in your back pocket is that MU has more players in the NBA currently than any Big10 team. Not bad for a mid-major conference TROLOLOL
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »
Some great stuff today...

@JSComments: Marquette University is an embarrassing, brown, skidmark stain on the otherwise beautiful, white, pristine underwear that is Milwaukee.

‏@dragz280: So @MarquetteU won't help pay for new @Bucks  arena, but I bet they will inset on playing there. Yep.  #notfair  pay to play!

@JSComments: Marquette as a whole sucks in the first place. Don't let the door hit you on the way out you cheap b holes.

@NicholasOfMKE: If @MarquetteU isn't interested in helping fund the arena, then they shouldn't have the opportunity to play their games there, period.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 03:09:56 PM »

@JSComments: Marquette University is an embarrassing, brown, skidmark stain on the otherwise beautiful, white, pristine underwear that is Milwaukee.

I am offended.

I am deeply offended that someone would say in so many words that in the underwear drawer that is the great United States of America, Milwaukee is a pair of tighty whities.

I prefer to think of Milwaukee as a pair of boxer briefs, albeit in a relatively unexciting color.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2015, 03:13:52 PM »

‏@dragz280: So @MarquetteU won't help pay for new @Bucks  arena, but I bet they will inset on playing there. Yep.  #notfair  pay to play!

@JSComments: Marquette as a whole sucks in the first place. Don't let the door hit you on the way out you cheap b holes.

@NicholasOfMKE: If @MarquetteU isn't interested in helping fund the arena, then they shouldn't have the opportunity to play their games there, period.

Yeah, don't let Marquette play there because eliminating a revenue source for the new area will help finance it.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2015, 03:18:12 PM »
"Marquette is fully in the back pocket of the conservative party in Wisconsin. They are the Bucks quid pro qou."

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2015, 03:35:57 PM »
Well it's pretty much an unwritten rule that when you rent from a landlord, you are morally obligated to give him additional money over and above your rent to allow him to buy a new, better apartment building, right?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2015, 04:18:22 PM »
"b hole" is now in my repertoire.

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
There's a lot of MU haters out there.  My father-in-law, who lives in Milwaukee,  always rooted for the Badgers over MU even though he or no one else in the family graduated from Madison.   For some reason, MU has never really been able to grab onto being "Milwaukee's" team.   

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2015, 05:15:30 PM »
Yeah, don't let Marquette play there because eliminating a revenue source for the new area will help finance it.

Exactly.  I don't think they get to play there for free.   Isn't paying rent technically helping pay for the arena?

muwar2003

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »
Badger fans shouldn't say anything about Henry Ellenson and Wally.  They should remember how Rashad Griffith's mother got a house to live in to watch her son and how Griffith's High school coach was mad because his mother got the cut and not him.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2015, 07:00:31 PM »
There's a lot of MU haters out there.  My father-in-law, who lives in Milwaukee,  always rooted for the Badgers over MU even though he or no one else in the family graduated from Madison.   For some reason, MU has never really been able to grab onto being "Milwaukee's" team.   
Never wasn't the case in the 70's

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2015, 09:17:11 PM »
Badger fans shouldn't say anything about Henry Ellenson and Wally.  They should remember how Rashad Griffith's mother got a house to live in to watch her son and how Griffith's High school coach was mad because his mother got the cut and not him.

He still playin' in Turkey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muwar2003

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2015, 10:47:41 PM »
To Bradley center bat-  It was sure the case.  There were others also.

feedback