* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by 4everwarriors
[Today at 05:34:01 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo Offers Sam Hauser  (Read 17278 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Wojo Offers Sam Hauser
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 05:17:27 PM »
No, but these girls are

You have to dig the prone postion of the shooters, as well as the leg position.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »
You have to dig the prone postion of the shooters, as well as the leg position.

I would say those troops are both armed and ready...

Death on call

muwar2003

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
Why the pictures?  We are discussing basketball players.  Not what religion or goofy pictures .

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »
i kinda enjoyed those...shalom   ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 07:02:43 PM »
Why the pictures?  We are discussing basketball players.  Not what religion or goofy pictures .
Yup. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 07:13:18 PM »
What's up with Legend Robertin and Jakeem Yates?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 07:15:40 PM »
take your pick - dumb haikus, dumb pictures, rants against large homes or passive /active bragging about ones life experiences...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »

Hunt has bad info.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 07:24:26 PM »

Robertin is a 7 foot Brit. Ranked as a four star but has "elected" to go the JUCO route. Has enrolled at Chipola College, one of the top JUCOs for basketball. Buzz pursued him. My guess is that Wojo will not be pursuing him when earns his associates.

Jakeem Yates was another Buzz offer. He's a 2 star out of one of the Carolinas if I remember correctly. Tall but skinny as a rail. I don't think Wojo is pursuing him.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 07:31:13 PM »
So, they're not Jewish?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 07:42:37 PM »
So, they're not Jewish?

Is Jewish allowed in scrabble?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 09:18:54 PM »
Why the pictures?  We are discussing basketball players.  Not what religion or goofy pictures .

I don't see why this bothers you or anybody else. If you don't like the pictures, quickly scroll past them. If you're not interested in something that's brought up in a comment or two or 20, just quickly skip them.

I'm glad you're not a moderator. You'd allow only stuff that you want.

Although I have a goofy side that sometimes comes out in a comment, I do think it is legitimately interesting that a Jewish ballplayer might choose a Jesuit college. If you don't, just skip the freakin' comments relating to that. It's not difficult.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 10:17:01 PM »
Elite 8?   The midwest kids who could shoot on that team were..............?

They were the only team in NCAA history to win a sweet 16 game shooting below 30% from 3. They were very fortunate with that tourney run, could have easily ended in first or second round vs 3 point shooting teams. Cuse then embarrassed them. I'll side on the odds, exceptions to all rules.

I like this recruiting vs. 6'7 guys that can't shoot or play down low...but look good in wide open AAU games. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 10:20:24 PM »
take your pick - dumb haikus, dumb pictures, rants against large homes or passive /active bragging about ones life experiences...

Feel better?

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 07:57:32 AM »
Is Jewish allowed in scrabble?

Well you capitalized it in your post...so I think you answered your own question
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 08:25:04 AM »
Robertin is a 7 foot Brit. Ranked as a four star but has "elected" to go the JUCO route. Has enrolled at Chipola College, one of the top JUCOs for basketball. Buzz pursued him. My guess is that Wojo will not be pursuing him when earns his associates.

Jakeem Yates was another Buzz offer. He's a 2 star out of one of the Carolinas if I remember correctly. Tall but skinny as a rail. I don't think Wojo is pursuing him.

I think he was referring to Hunt's latest:

Wojo still looking for immediate help

The Golden Eagles have 11 scholarship players, two below the NCAA limit. Coach Steve Wojociechowski has said he could play the season with 11, but Marquette could really be stretched in case of injury.

Plus, Luke Fischer, the only center on the roster, won't be eligible until Dec. 14. That means the Golden Eagles will have to face Ohio State on the road and a tough field in Orlando for a Thanksgiving tournament with Steve Taylor Jr. in the middle, so they're still looking for size.

Wojo is still waiting to hear from a couple of big guys who played at Believe Prep School in Charlotte, N.C.

Jakeem Yates, 6-10 and 200, just finished his senior year. He has offers from Minnesota, Georgia Tech and Illinois State. He's a project, but he would give MU some size.

The same goes for Legend Robertin, 7-0 and 220. Robertin is from London, England, and played at Chipola College after leaving Believe Prep. Marquette and Texas A&M have made offers.

Presumably, neither would likely be ready to fill in for Fischer right away, but Marquette's guard-heavy roster could use some balance.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/263699961.html

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 09:03:33 AM »
Again, Hunt has bad information.  Poor effort on his behalf.  Probably just did some internet searches.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »
Again, Hunt has bad information.  Poor effort on his behalf.  Probably just did some internet searches.
Yup he says Believe Prep Academy is in Charlotte, NC.  Well, Yates is from Charlotte, but the prep school is in Rock Hill, SC.  So, Hunt does a Google lookup on Yates and sees the prep school name and that Yates hometown is Charlotte.  Voila, Believe Prep Academy is now in Charlotte.  Typical factual error by Hunt.  Laziest reporter I've ever read.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »
I've seen him play many times. Great shooter, but what sets him apart IMO is his mid-range game. He will be Dekker 2.0. Would love to get him in the mix.

I'm guessing that Wojo rates him a four star.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2014, 03:35:10 PM »

"I am the source!"  Mike Hunt

Wonder where he got that from on the internet?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 11:08:22 PM »

Jake Thomas.

Since you brought it up I guess you were right about Thomas not being able to shoot since he ended up Top 10 in the Big East in both three pointers per game and three point shooting percentage eh?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2014, 10:36:29 AM »
Since you brought it up I guess you were right about Thomas not being able to shoot since he ended up Top 10 in the Big East in both three pointers per game and three point shooting percentage eh?

I didn't say he couldn't shoot.  I didn't think he could compete at this level due to a lack of quickness.  I was wrong in that he could compete, but he wasn't terribly effective except for a couple appearances.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »

I didn't say he couldn't shoot.  I didn't think he could compete at this level due to a lack of quickness.  I was wrong in that he could compete, but he wasn't terribly effective except for a couple appearances.

You're right!

We would have been a far better team if Jake had a "designated sniper" role that required him to average 10mpg or so. If he was on, he could play 20+ mins; if he obviously was not on, just a few minutes. The fact that the coach felt he had to play Jake 30 mpg said a lot about what kind of team we had (not to mention what kind of coaching job Buzz did last season).

The previous season, when we went to the Elite 8, Jake just about never played once the Big East season began -- even though we desperately needed perimeter shooting that season, too. Why? Because he wasn't good enough to merit the minutes!

I'll admit Jake was better than I thought he would be, but I had such low expectations that it would have been impossible for him to not be better once the coach decided to give him 30 mpg. While he was afforded an opportunity to contribute even if he was stinkin' up the gym, other players were given mere minutes and then yanked immediately.

Jake's shooting percentages were what they were, but he also was quite inconsistent -- make 6 one game, 1 or none the next. In 21 of 32 games, he had either 0, 1 or 2 made treys. Again, he barely played the year before because he wasn't reliable, consistent or good enough.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2014, 03:12:59 PM »
It will be interesting to see how Jake does in Europe. Buzz's system did not generally run plays or set picks for him. I do not think he was a good fit for Buzz's system.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »
They ran plays for Jake often out of timeouts and early in games.  They just didn't usually work.

feedback